Page 95 of 121 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697105 ... LastLast
Results 941 to 950 of 1205

Thread: School shooting this morning . . .

  1. #941
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    He has supported his claim, multiple times. You just refuse to accept his explanation.
    No, wild speculation isn't support. He asked for links from me and I gave them. Instead if waxing fearfully, he can link some actual crime stats, if he has them.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  2. #942
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,561

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    He has supported his claim, multiple times. You just refuse to accept his explanation.
    This is typical-note how he changed from saying no chance to arguing the "likelihood" position

    its nothing more than contrarian nonsense. He doesn't like our politics, he doesn't like people owning guns and most of all he doesn't like the fact that gun owners often vote against the candidates he supports. So he engages in these sort of attacks on the margin but never is able to make a solid argument

    and you are right-he would support any sort of law restricting gun owners if he had the ability to do so



  3. #943
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    more lies-all I said is there is always a possibility a person might need more than 7 rounds
    that is more than enough support for my claim

    it is you who has engaged in evasion, dishonest arguments and pure nonsense.
    Do I really have to go and fine it for you?

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  4. #944
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    No, wild speculation isn't support. He asked for links from me and I gave them. Instead if waxing fearfully, he can link some actual crime stats, if he has them.
    It isn't "wild" speculation. If home invaders enter your home and get cover and are shooting at you, you very well may need more than 7 rounds to protect yourself and your family.

    Prevention is always the smartest move, regardless of whether the unprepared view it as fear or not.

  5. #945
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,561

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    No, wild speculation isn't support. He asked for links from me and I gave them. Instead if waxing fearfully, he can link some actual crime stats, if he has them.
    you gave no links that supported the idiotic claim that citizens would never need more than 7 rounds. and you never gave any links that justify cops having 17 round weapons and other people not having them

    most importantly, you cannot find any argument that justifies why you have spent so much time attacking those of us who believe in free choice when you finally admitted you really have no argument

    you tend to avoid taking concrete positions where you will get destroyed due to ignorance of the subject with attacking the process and pretending that matters rather than the substance. Its common with anti gun posters to whine about secondary issues



  6. #946
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    Did you just ignore the link he posted?
    No, I read it, and point out it didn't support him. The closes it came was that the shoot would likely empty however many rounds there was, but gave no statistics as to how many would scut ally be needed.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  7. #947
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    No, I read it, and point out it didn't support him. The closes it came was that the shoot would likely empty however many rounds there was, but gave no statistics as to how many would scut ally be needed.
    WHAT? I just gave you a scenario. If the home invaders have cover and are shooting at you, you would most likely NEED more than 7 rounds. That isn't so far-fetched either, especially in this type of economy where many are desperate.

  8. #948
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    It isn't "wild" speculation. If home invaders enter your home and get cover and are shooting at you, you very well may need more than 7 rounds to protect yourself and your family.

    Prevention is always the smartest move, regardless of whether the unprepared view it as fear or not.
    I've seen no evidence it happens that way. My experience tells me they run away. But if it happens as you say, we should have verifiable record of that.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  9. #949
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    WHAT? I just gave you a scenario. If the home invaders have cover and are shooting at you, you would most likely NEED more than 7 rounds.
    And I answered you.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  10. #950
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,736

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Perhaps not for the law, but to me for understanding his claim, it matters.
    Whose claim?

    Whoever claimed there was a need for more than 7 rounds is confused themselves as to where the need should be placed.

    Not on that side of the argument, I say.
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

Page 95 of 121 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697105 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •