Page 92 of 121 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394102 ... LastLast
Results 911 to 920 of 1205

Thread: School shooting this morning . . .

  1. #911
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I don't feel it should be limited. But not because they are needed. I don't believe it interfere with his ability to protect himself at all. So, like the Mark, he should just argue it's his right and not say he can't defend himself. If he says he can't, I just want him to support that. Would you let me make wild claims, like say, no one ever defended themselves with a gun? If you would challenge me, you shouldn't be bother by me challenging him.
    But why should what YOU believe take precedence over what HE believes to be right for himself?

  2. #912
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,658

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    But why should what YOU believe take precedence over what HE believes to be right for himself?
    or why has Boo engaged in so many posts insinuating it is irrational for people to have more than 7 rounds and then engaging in pathetic evasion with the comparison with cop issued weapons (most cops are no more likely to get into a shooting than people engaged in high risk occupations like pharmacists or convenience store operators in the inner cities)

    what was the purpose of all this squid ink if Boo doesn't believe in "LIMITING" people?



  3. #913
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    the dishonesty is trying to limit what law abiding people do when you have admitted you cannot provide any reason why such people should be so limited

    nothing is hurt by a licensed gun owner or a homeowner in legal possession of a weapon having as many rounds in his weapon as a cop

    but if that homeowner is the one case in ten or even a million who needs more than 7 rounds who are you to say he should be handicapped

    cut the contrarian idiocy Boo. Your argument is a complete fail. You are just trying to stir up nonsense by insinuating that people are irrational or paranoid to not limit themselves if they are in a gun fight.


    and since you claim to be some sort of academic-you ought to be able to google dozens of cases where people had to shoot more than 7 times to end a problem

    did you know in Vietnam more than 10K rounds were expended for every casualty inflicted on the enemy?

    law enforcement "professionals" have about a 20 percent hit ratio. If there are two attackers that means ten rounds to win the situation

    Others claim hit ratios are much higher-62%. But read this article. I know Dave Spaulding I have trained with Dave Spaulding.


    How Many Bullets Do You Need in Your Home Defense Handgun? | The Truth About Guns


    hmmmm

    All the evidence points to the fact that you’ll shoot plenty of bullets in a battle. It follows that more bullets in your home defense handgun is mo’ better. Larger capacity magazines/handguns are more likely to be more effective for home defence than smaller capacity magazines/handguns.
    Actually he doesn't prove much other than you'll shoot what you have. He gave the three- three- three rule, but mostly supported that the job would actually be done with a few. Got anything verifiable?

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  4. #914
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    or why has Boo engaged in so many posts insinuating it is irrational for people to have more than 7 rounds and then engaging in pathetic evasion with the comparison with cop issued weapons (most cops are no more likely to get into a shooting than people engaged in high risk occupations like pharmacists or convenience store operators in the inner cities)

    what was the purpose of all this squid ink if Boo doesn't believe in "LIMITING" people?
    Oh, I'm sure he doesn't have any objections to such laws.

  5. #915
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,658

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Actually he doesn't prove much other than you'll shoot what you have. He gave the three- three- three rule, but mostly supported that the job would actually be done with a few. Got anything verifiable?
    I don't need any verification. remember its your duty to justify any limitations

    you also didn't read very well. he advocated police sized pistols



  6. #916
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    But why should what YOU believe take precedence over what HE believes to be right for himself?
    Because I'm not talking about belief. I'm talking about support, showing such gun fights happen often enough to make his statement valid.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  7. #917
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,658

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    Oh, I'm sure he doesn't have any objections to such laws.
    I suspect he will support any gun restrictions his Democratic idols will support. we have hundreds of posts from him engaging in these sort of attacks that ultimately result in him saying he wouldn't push for bans or laws but why does someone spend so much time whining about the posts of those who oppose gun regulations pushed by the democrat scumbags in office?



  8. #918
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    I don't need any verification. remember its your duty to justify any limitations

    you also didn't read very well. he advocated police sized pistols
    As I've not called fir limitations it's not. It's your assertion I question. Focus apron what you said, that you cannot defend yourself with less than 17 rounds. You made it, you support it.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  9. #919
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,658

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Because I'm not talking about belief. I'm talking about support, showing such gun fights happen often enough to make his statement valid.
    wrong parameter. if there is even a remote chance of needing the rounds, that is reason enough to carry them

    remember the burden is on you



  10. #920
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    wrong parameter. if there is even a remote chance of needing the rounds, that is reason enough to carry them

    remember the burden is on you
    I don't think it's even remote. To be remote, it has to have happen some.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

Page 92 of 121 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394102 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •