Page 91 of 121 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293101 ... LastLast
Results 901 to 910 of 1205

Thread: School shooting this morning . . .

  1. #901
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,814

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I've asked you to show me cases. Give some stats.
    don't need to. as long as their is a possibility that is all that is needed since you can show no harm by people having more. You seem to operate in the statist utopia that free men have a duty to justify what they do rather than you having a duty to explain why you should restrict the choices of others



  2. #902
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    Lets see how honest you are

    1) do you admit or deny that a law abiding citizen cannot predict the nature of a future criminal attack against him

    2) do you admit or deny that there are some cases of criminal attack that may need an armed homeowner or citizen on the street to need more than 7 rounds in his gun

    If you admit yes to #1 and #2 your argument completely loses any semblance of merit you think it might have

    if you deny either you are being dishonest
    1) specific attack, no. But we can predict based on statistic and crime reports what is realistic and what isn't.

    2) I've never heard of one, ever. I've asked that you show them.

    And your assessment at the end stacks the deck so that you will, only accept one answer, and by any means that dishonest.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  3. #903
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by CRUE CAB View Post
    What do I have to show? I didnt know I had to prove a need to exercise a right.
    That's how supporting a claim works.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  4. #904
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    You are lying again. You have been around long enough to have seen my description of when I shot a mugger-one shot ended the problem. I said I cannot predict what criminals decide to do and how many are in a break in or a street mugging or riot

    I don't need to show a significant number of times. I cannot recount in the last 50 years when Cincinnati cops had to deal with more than 2 perps at once so using your moronic argument, they shouldn't be carrying anything more than 6 shot revolvers but their "studies" found that 17 round SW semi autos were better

    SIGNIFICANT to me means if there is even a remote chance I might need more I should carry them

    I see you cannot answer my question. I didn't expect you to

    your argument is pathetic and is nothing more than contrarian mental masturbation.

    since you cannot establish any reason NOT to have 17 or so rounds in your gun, that destroys your silly bit of baiting
    Showing one shot doesn't show the need for more than seven.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  5. #905
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    don't need to. as long as their is a possibility that is all that is needed since you can show no harm by people having more. You seem to operate in the statist utopia that free men have a duty to justify what they do rather than you having a duty to explain why you should restrict the choices of others
    To be realistically possible, it actually has to have happen.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  6. #906
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    The true point, which some here are straying away from, is that....

    Whether you need them or not is irrelevant.
    Like I said, I agree with that. TD is the only one who should answer me as it is his wild claim I asked be supported.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  7. #907
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    What makes you think you know so much about what a person needs? What if the person lives in a gang-infested neighborhood and has experienced a home invasion. Most home invasions are perpetrated by multiple gang members. They will hit you, rape you, torture you and even kill you. Why do you want to limit the fire power a citizen has to protect him or herself against such animals?

    Please explain why you would be against a law-abiding person who has never committed a crime owning weaponry capable of holding more than 7 rounds of ammunition at a time.
    You're looking at it all wrong. I'm skeptical of TD's claim. Once he made it, he has a responsibility to support it. Like I said, it's a curiosity. I'm always fascinated by the need of some to hyperbolic.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  8. #908
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    You're looking at it all wrong. I'm skeptical of TD's claim. Once he made it, he has a responsibility to support it. Like I said, it's a curiosity. I'm always fascinated by the need of some to hyperbolic.
    Why? He feels he may need more than 7 rounds and doesn't feel as if the government has the right to tell him that he cannot. Why do you feel he should be limited to only 7? Just answer the question.

  9. #909
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,814

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    1) specific attack, no. But we can predict based on statistic and crime reports what is realistic and what isn't.

    2) I've never heard of one, ever. I've asked that you show them.

    And your assessment at the end stacks the deck so that you will, only accept one answer, and by any means that dishonest.
    the dishonesty is trying to limit what law abiding people do when you have admitted you cannot provide any reason why such people should be so limited

    nothing is hurt by a licensed gun owner or a homeowner in legal possession of a weapon having as many rounds in his weapon as a cop

    but if that homeowner is the one case in ten or even a million who needs more than 7 rounds who are you to say he should be handicapped

    cut the contrarian idiocy Boo. Your argument is a complete fail. You are just trying to stir up nonsense by insinuating that people are irrational or paranoid to not limit themselves if they are in a gun fight.


    and since you claim to be some sort of academic-you ought to be able to google dozens of cases where people had to shoot more than 7 times to end a problem

    did you know in Vietnam more than 10K rounds were expended for every casualty inflicted on the enemy?

    law enforcement "professionals" have about a 20 percent hit ratio. If there are two attackers that means ten rounds to win the situation

    Others claim hit ratios are much higher-62%. But read this article. I know Dave Spaulding I have trained with Dave Spaulding.


    How Many Bullets Do You Need in Your Home Defense Handgun? | The Truth About Guns


    hmmmm

    All the evidence points to the fact that you’ll shoot plenty of bullets in a battle. It follows that more bullets in your home defense handgun is mo’ better. Larger capacity magazines/handguns are more likely to be more effective for home defence than smaller capacity magazines/handguns.



  10. #910
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    Why? He feels he may need more than 7 rounds and doesn't feel as if the government has the right to tell him that he cannot. Why do you feel he should be limited to only 7? Just answer the question.
    I don't feel it should be limited. But not because they are needed. I don't believe it interfere with his ability to protect himself at all. So, like the Mark, he should just argue it's his right and not say he can't defend himself. If he says he can't, I just want him to support that. Would you let me make wild claims, like say, no one ever defended themselves with a gun? If you would challenge me, you shouldn't be bother by me challenging him.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

Page 91 of 121 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293101 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •