Page 9 of 121 FirstFirst ... 78910111959109 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 1205

Thread: School shooting this morning . . .

  1. #81
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,663

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael66 View Post
    This calls for arming all children who go to schools. Cuz guns are wot's gud for murica. grunt, grunt. Only a gud chil wif a gun cun stop a bad chil wif a gun.
    wow, I didn't think anyone could top the prior posts I mentioned for silliness. I was wrong. I love watching another one of the aesop foxes complain about rights we have that they have lost



  2. #82
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,663

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by Glen Contrarian View Post
    Hear the sounds of children screaming in terror for their lives? Do not be bothered by their screaming, for that is the sound of America's Second Amendment FREEDOM!

    Yes, America, the only nation where schools need to hold lockdown drills in case a man carrying a gun is coming to kill them. See, all those other nations that don't have any such need to hold lockdown drills...they're all socialist tyrannies. But here, we're FREE - which is why we have school shootings and lockdown drills!

    Yes, from time to time the tree of Second-Amendment freedom must be watered with the blood of innocent children....
    and this is coming from the guy who constantly complains we make him out as an anti gun extremist-whose posts are more about hating gun owners than criminals. And you claim you want "reasonable" controls and then cast a loving eye to nations where guns are banned. Geeez, where in God's name could we possibly get the idea that gun bans is one of those "reasonable" steps you really want?



  3. #83
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,663

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by Utility Man View Post


    what a moronic bit of propaganda.



  4. #84
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by lizzie View Post
    If the anti-gun crowd didn't use every newsworthy shooting as a way to get gun control increased, your point might be well-taken. As it is, the issue will always be politicized.
    Use? I have to say both sides do what some would call "use" during these events. I'm not sure anything legislatively can be done, but sitting down and having the conversation is "using" anything. It's just recognizing that something terrible happened and talking about it.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  5. #85
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by Utility Man View Post


    The ad us over the top, but priorities are often scrambled in these debates. Family values has historically been a sound bite that has little connection to how republicans vote.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  6. #86
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,663

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    The ad us over the top, but priorities are often scrambled in these debates. Family values has historically been a sound bite that has little connection to how republicans vote.
    and caring about children is just something the extreme left spews in an attempt to get rid of our rights by appealing to logic-deprived emotion.



  7. #87
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    and caring about children is just something the extreme left spews in an attempt to get rid of our rights by appealing to logic-deprived emotion.
    That's a rather irrational thought. Some may get too emotional. Some may disagree with you. But as these things happen, talking about them is a valid thing to do. Make a rational argument and try to whine about "the left," whoever they are.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  8. #88
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    02-18-14 @ 08:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,660

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by Ray410 View Post
    I don't live too far from that area, that particular school and surrounding area are now infested with Hispanic gangs so this may be somewhat different from other school shootings that we have seen lately.
    We should give all the illegals immediate citizenship so they will feel like they belong here and teach their kids the same

  9. #89
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    and caring about children is just something the extreme left spews in an attempt to get rid of our rights by appealing to logic-deprived emotion.
    If the Left cared about childen they would end elective abortion. A school shooting is just a post-birth abortion to them.

  10. #90
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,663

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    That's a rather irrational thought. Some may get too emotional. Some may disagree with you. But as these things happen, talking about them is a valid thing to do. Make a rational argument and try to whine about "the left," whoever they are.
    as usual that makes no sense. Its more of a "I have to respond to a pro gun post without appearing to be anti gun"



Page 9 of 121 FirstFirst ... 78910111959109 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •