Page 81 of 121 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391 ... LastLast
Results 801 to 810 of 1205

Thread: School shooting this morning . . .

  1. #801
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    Maybe some people have had bad experiences before. Or maybe it's not really any of your business unless they break laws.
    Like I said, just a curiosity. I figure if you put it in an open forum, you'd be willing to talk about it.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  2. #802
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    yeah and that was stupid because you pretend they normally face a different type of criminal than the rest of us

    i have proven that citizens who are not cops almost NEVER instigate the time place or number of attacks and attackers. Police sometimes do. if you knew anything about the issue you would understand that cops have far more advantages in confrontations with criminals than other civilians who always are in a REACTIVE mode.
    i didn't pretend, I supported, showing actual evidence.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  3. #803
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,803

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    i didn't pretend, I supported, showing actual evidence.
    no you didn't. You speculated that cops face more danger than other civilians-so much so that justified them having 17 round pistols.

    now I admit there are far more cases of one or two cops shooting 20-30-40 rounds at one bad guy (or in several cases an innocent person like that guy pulling his wallet in NYC a while back that resulted in two NYC cops shooting at him 41 times or the recent shooting where NYC cops hit several bystanders)

    but your argument is complete crap.



  4. #804
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    no you didn't. You speculated that cops face more danger than other civilians-so much so that justified them having 17 round pistols.

    now I admit there are far more cases of one or two cops shooting 20-30-40 rounds at one bad guy (or in several cases an innocent person like that guy pulling his wallet in NYC a while back that resulted in two NYC cops shooting at him 41 times or the recent shooting where NYC cops hit several bystanders)

    but your argument is complete crap.
    No, linked statistical and expert information. I told you to read it.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  5. #805
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Like I said, just a curiosity. I figure if you put it in an open forum, you'd be willing to talk about it.
    We are talking about it.

  6. #806
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Yes, reasons. Why can't I be given reasons?
    It should be obvious, but ok..

    Muscle building requires a positive energy balance, meaning you have to take in more calories than you burn to build muscle. At most your body can build a half pound a muscle per week, so a safe bet not doing any more calculation that would call for me to know information such as your age, height, sex, weight and activity level, I would say an extra 500 calories.

    Is that reason good enough for you? In short, your body demands extra fuel to build muscle.
    Last edited by Henrin; 10-27-13 at 01:58 AM.

  7. #807
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,754

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .p

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I actually thought that one was quite clear. Thinking you need an arsenal to protect yourself today, pretending that we need multiple high round firing weapons is the same type if fictitious argument that is used to excuse torture, giving a ticking time bomb senario.
    Need doesn't matter.

    Thus thinking and/or pretending you need it doesn't matter.


    Just because you don't need something, doesn't mean you shouldn't have a right to it.
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  8. #808
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,754

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I think insisting that you "need" large round capacity, yes. I think that us unreasonable. And yes TD has refused to support people "need" more than seven rounds. Yes.
    I'm saying it isn't a matter of need at all.

    There is no reason to limit the round capacity, so no limits are necessary.

    We don't talk about other rights this way...
    There's no "oh, you don't need to have freedom of speech for THAT many topics...seven topics maximum per hour, no more". Just because you don't need that degree of speech freedom, does not mean you are LIMITED to that.


    It's back-ass-wards logic.
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  9. #809
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    I'm saying it isn't a matter of need at all.

    There is no reason to limit the round capacity, so no limits are necessary.

    We don't talk about other rights this way...
    There's no "oh, you don't need to have freedom of speech for THAT many topics...seven topics maximum per hour, no more". Just because you don't need that degree of speech freedom, does not mean you are LIMITED to that.


    It's back-ass-wards logic.
    Right on!

  10. #810
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    We are talking about it.
    It was the answer to the none of your business part.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

Page 81 of 121 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •