Page 80 of 121 FirstFirst ... 3070787980818290 ... LastLast
Results 791 to 800 of 1205

Thread: School shooting this morning . . .

  1. #791
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    Basically, similar to the same anti-gun rights arguments he usually makes. As if we're new here or something.
    I do think some have an exaggerated sense of what they need. This is not the bases if law, but it dies interest me why they feel the need. It's a curiosity. And I see no reason to feel the need to avoid answering my questions.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  2. #792
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    I guess you just couldn't fathom the fact that police departments and security firms all determined that 6-8 shots was not sufficient given the nature of criminal attacks over the last 30 years

    these groups supposedly are expert about dealing with criminals. they determined that 15-17 round handguns were the most suitable self defense weapons for everyday carry by everyone from street cops in bad areas to desk bound administrators, security guards etc.

    in other words civlians dealing with civilian environment criminals. Like us other civilians
    Again, I showed their job was different.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  3. #793
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Make a distinction, and it's not a hard one. I think one large pizza is enough for anyone, but I don't support a law stopping you from eating two. Same here. I think seven rounds is more than enough. But I make in call for any law. Can you see the difference yet?
    That argument is just as stupid as your other one. You completely ignore that there is reasons to take in more calories and nutrients than what is needed to be healthy.
    Last edited by Henrin; 10-27-13 at 01:35 AM. Reason: *there

  4. #794
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,620

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    He "attacked" you? Anyway, your argument is nonsense.
    I love the feigned indignation. He wants to limit our rights and gets upset when his specious arguments in favor (or at least excusing) limits upon our freedom are deemed to be BS



  5. #795
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I do think some have an exaggerated sense of what they need. This is not the bases if law, but it dies interest me why they feel the need. It's a curiosity. And I see no reason to feel the need to avoid answering my questions.
    Maybe some people have had bad experiences before. Or maybe it's not really any of your business unless they break laws.

  6. #796
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,620

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    That argument is just as stupid as this one. You completely ignore that their is reasons to take in more calories and nutrients than what is needed to be healthy.
    Boo's history is not to directly claim that guns should be banned or that no one should be able to own a certain weapon. Rather he claims he sees no NEED to own a gun or have a certain weapon and then makes arguments insinuating that anyone who feels differently than he does is emotional, irrational, paranoid or hysterical. It is a common tactic of this group-they demand to define the terms in terms of what is rational or reasonable and damn those who don't agree as being unreasonable or irrational.

    and they get upset when people like me refuse to let them dictate the parameters of what is reasonable
    because they are unlearned about this issue and their arguments are based on a political agenda that really has little to do with guns or school shootings etc



  7. #797
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,620

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    Maybe some people have had bad experiences before. Or maybe it's not really any of your business unless they break laws.
    you really have to wonder about the agenda of someone who is so adamant about what others NEED or want.



  8. #798
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,620

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Again, I showed their job was different.
    yeah and that was stupid because you pretend they normally face a different type of criminal than the rest of us

    i have proven that citizens who are not cops almost NEVER instigate the time place or number of attacks and attackers. Police sometimes do. if you knew anything about the issue you would understand that cops have far more advantages in confrontations with criminals than other civilians who always are in a REACTIVE mode.



  9. #799
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    That argument is just as stupid as your other one. You completely ignore that there is reasons to take in more calories and nutrients than what is needed to be healthy.
    Yes, reasons. Why can't I be given reasons?

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  10. #800
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,620

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .

    The bottom line is that big government statists think police officers are more trustworthy and their lives more valuable than those of us whose tax dollars pay for those policemen's weapons



Page 80 of 121 FirstFirst ... 3070787980818290 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •