Page 79 of 121 FirstFirst ... 2969777879808189 ... LastLast
Results 781 to 790 of 1205

Thread: School shooting this morning . . .

  1. #781
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Missed the auto correct again. I made no call for any law.
    Okay, so I'm arguing that 7 rounds is not always going to be enough. Unless you can predict future events, then you have no argument.

  2. #782
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    LOL "missed it" means the people who see through the evasion and the attempts to bash gun owners while pretending you are not.

    I note that no one has agreed with your claims that 7 rounds is enough
    Doesn't matter. No one has supported it either.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  3. #783
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,606

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    I don't think that's what he said. I think he said it wouldn't be sufficient in all circumstances and that there is no need to limit a law-abiding citizen. It is a useless law.
    Exactly, Boo claimed it is unreasonable for someone to argue that they might need more than 7 rounds. he also claimed that banning more than 7 rounds was a minor infringement.



  4. #784
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,606

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Doesn't matter. No one has supported it either.

    every major police department, security firm and self defense training facility has supported my argument

    in fact no experts on the subject support your claims. you just make stuff up and apparently you believe that Andrew Cuomo is an expert on this issue



  5. #785
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    I don't think that's what he said. I think he said it wouldn't be sufficient in all circumstances and that there is no need to limit a law-abiding citizen. It is a useless law.
    He said that eventually, but without the support I asked for. Mostly he attacked me, changed the topic, and leap around arguing what I never argued.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  6. #786
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    Exactly, Boo claimed it is unreasonable for someone to argue that they might need more than 7 rounds. he also claimed that banning more than 7 rounds was a minor infringement.
    Basically, similar to the same anti-gun rights arguments he usually makes. As if we're new here or something.

  7. #787
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    I said that crime victims cannot tell or predict how many criminals they might face and limiting an honest citizen to seven rounds is idiotic. You denied that. I don't have any burden. You do
    And I said that's not entirely true. We can predict future actions based on past actions. You have to show such situations exist. Only Christy has tried to that.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  8. #788
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,606

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    He said that eventually, but without the support I asked for. Mostly he attacked me, changed the topic, and leap around arguing what I never argued.
    again, it is your SOP to use evasive arguments that are ambiguous and then complain when the ambiguity is interpreted in a manner consistent with your normal positions.

    its a common habit of several liberal gun haters.



  9. #789
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    He said that eventually, but without the support I asked for. Mostly he attacked me, changed the topic, and leap around arguing what I never argued.
    He "attacked" you? Anyway, your argument is nonsense.

  10. #790
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,606

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    And I said that's not entirely true. We can predict future actions based on past actions. You have to show such situations exist. Only Christy has tried to that.
    I guess you just couldn't fathom the fact that police departments and security firms all determined that 6-8 shots was not sufficient given the nature of criminal attacks over the last 30 years

    these groups supposedly are expert about dealing with criminals. they determined that 15-17 round handguns were the most suitable self defense weapons for everyday carry by everyone from street cops in bad areas to desk bound administrators, security guards etc.

    in other words civlians dealing with civilian environment criminals. Like us other civilians



Page 79 of 121 FirstFirst ... 2969777879808189 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •