Page 75 of 121 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785 ... LastLast
Results 741 to 750 of 1205

Thread: School shooting this morning . . .

  1. #741
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    LOL more evasions-the issue is not whether you want a restriction. The fact is you claimed that such a restriction would be "minor" and people don't NEED more than seven rounds
    No evasion. You can consider it minor, as I do (clear statement), not think there is a self defense need, and still not call for or even support the law. Because you can understand an intellectual discussion, you get emotional.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  2. #742
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Not at all. I was attracted by the stupid claim that you can't defend yourself unless you have more than seven rounds. Instead if just answering the challenge, you Guys jumped over the ledge. I keep telling you I have no dog in the fight I neither need nor fear guns.
    Everyone has been telling you that 7 rounds MAY NOT be enough in every situation. You do quite obviously not only fear guns but your law-abiding neighbors too. There is no other reason why you would want to limit them.

  3. #743
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 11:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,736

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    And I might agree with that, but that wasn't the argument I'm addressing. The don't need much came from the you can't defend yourself if the rounds are limited.
    The point, which I have perhaps strayed away from a bit, is that unless some concrete reason for a round limit is presented, there should be none.

    It doesn't matter how many you "need". Need is not relevant.

    But since you aren't addressing this argument, what ARE you addressing?
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  4. #744
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 11:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,736

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .p

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Should have said ticking time bomb. It's where you imagine unrealistic situations and try make it an excuse for extreme behavior.
    I still have no idea what you're talking about.
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  5. #745
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    More lies, you are changing the issue. The issue is not whether you can defend yourself with 7 rounds. the issue is

    ARE THERE SCENARIOS WHERE 7 rounds is not enough to solve the problem that has been forced upon an honest man. The answer of course is YES

    but you pretend there is never going to be a situation what requires more than seven rounds

    or you pretend that if you kill half your attackers but dies because you ran out of ammo you still "defended" yourself

    its like saying if you have half the amount of antibiotics needed to kill the infection you were able to be Treated (even if you died)

    yes or no Boo-are there attacks that might require an armed citizens to use more than 7 rounds in order to survive

    simple question

    YES OR NO
    No, I really can think if any, but if you care to do as I asked and show me I'll review it.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  6. #746
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,701

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    No evasion. You can consider it minor, as I do (clear statement), not think there is a self defense need, and still not call for or even support the law. Because you can understand an intellectual discussion, you get emotional.
    you have not engaged in intelligent discussion rather than Me not being able to understand it

    your argument is moronic. you pretend that "you can defend yourself" with 7 rounds is sufficient

    the issue is can you successfully defend yourself while limited to 7 rounds

    the obvious answer is IT DEPENDS

    your attempt to play word games is similar to some other gun haters

    we have one guy claiming that infringements don't mean that the right has been infringed
    we have people claim that if you own one gun the government does not infringe on your rights by preventing your obtaining another gun because as long as someone owns one gun they will "ENJOY" their right to own a gun

    and we have you pretending that being able to partially defend yourself is the same as successfully defending yourself

    I notice that several other posters have pointed out how idiotic your claim is. does that give you a clue that you are wrong?



  7. #747
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,701

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .p

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    I still have no idea what you're talking about.
    Boo thinks it is unrealistic for any civilian to think he might suffer a criminal attack that cannot be solved with 7 rounds

    what Boo fails to argue is what is the harm in an armed civilian having more rounds in his gun



  8. #748
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    The point, which I have perhaps strayed away from a bit, is that unless some concrete reason for a round limit is presented, there should be none.

    It doesn't matter how many you "need". Need is not relevant.

    But since you aren't addressing this argument, what ARE you addressing?
    I find it interesting that someone would use need as an argument. I don't buy it wanted to hear an explanation. He merely refused.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  9. #749
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .p

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    I still have no idea what you're talking about.
    I actually thought that one was quite clear. Thinking you need an arsenal to protect yourself today, pretending that we need multiple high round firing weapons is the same type if fictitious argument that is used to excuse torture, giving a ticking time bomb senario.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  10. #750
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 11:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,736

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I find it interesting that someone would use need as an argument. I don't buy it wanted to hear an explanation. He merely refused.
    So what you're addressing is a point which involves the use of "need" as an argument, in a discussion about gun use?? And you think "need" is an unreasonable point to make? And whoever you were arguing against refused to address this point?
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

Page 75 of 121 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •