Page 72 of 121 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482 ... LastLast
Results 711 to 720 of 1205

Thread: School shooting this morning . . .

  1. #711
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    everytime you lie or fail to address an argument your pavlovian response is to accuse whomever is thrashing your unreasoned nonsense as being "emotional". Its nothing more than sanctimonious arrogance of someone who has no argument and no facts
    Finish one, and I'll move on to the next one, though I've answered that as well many times. Merely prove you need more than seven rounds or admit your error. ,

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  2. #712
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,752

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I haven't tried to tell anyone anything. I really have no dog in the fight. If you actually read what I say you'd know this. However, you made the claim you need more than seven rounds for self defense. I simply don't buy that. And told you so.

    And yes, I know you don't live in a war zone. And what little information you try to give is often wrong, and I do point that out. But really, you rant and attack more than anything else. You're quite emotional. Even here you did not respond to what I actually said.
    Even if you don't always need more than 7 rounds for self-defense, at some point you might, and I can see no reasonable reason to prevent people from having more.
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  3. #713
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,766

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Finish one, and I'll move on to the next one, though I've answered that as well many times. Merely prove you need more than seven rounds or admit your error. ,
    I don't need to prove anything

    you need to prove there is no possible scenario an armed citizen may face that would never need more than seven rounds



  4. #714
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,766

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    Even if you don't always need more than 7 rounds for self-defense, at some point you might, and I can see no reasonable reason to prevent people from having more.
    Its amazing that Boo is unable to fathom such an obvious point



  5. #715
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    Why should the rights of innocent parties be limited? Can you show any rights that are violated by the simple act of owning a gun or ammo? Well? If not, your argument appears to amount to because I'm your master bitch.
    They always have been. It's not new. All rights have limitations. Pick one, and we can show a limitation. Again, not new.

    But for the hundred time, my only argument is that TD is wrong that you can't defend yourself with seven rounds, and in terms if defense, this us not a burden.

    He refuses to defend his claim.

    Maybe you will?

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  6. #716
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post


    Just as I predicted.
    He's right. That's exactly what you do. You've done it to me and others too.

    Why do you want to limit a law-abiding citizen? It makes absolutely no sense unless you are fearful.

  7. #717
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .p

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    Even if you don't always need more than 7 rounds for self-defense, at some point you might, and I can see no reasonable reason to prevent people from having more.
    I really doubt it. It's like the smoking gun argument with torture. It is too far outside the realm of our known experience to be realistically considered.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  8. #718
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    You ignored me earlier. I think you don't like a challenge. But What makes the right fundamental? Are we today what we were 200 years ago?

    Just a question.
    What makes any right fundamental? It's existence.

  9. #719
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    He's right. That's exactly what you do. You've done it to me and others too.

    Why do you want to limit a law-abiding citizen? It makes absolutely no sense unless you are fearful.
    Your slightly better than TD, but often misunderstand the debate. You think I'm arguing one thing when it's really another. And then you get upset. All I ask is hat you two actually read what I'm saying. It would help a lot.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  10. #720
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    Even if you don't always need more than 7 rounds for self-defense, at some point you might, and I can see no reasonable reason to prevent people from having more.
    There is no reason to humor such idiotic notions such as need when talking about rights. Rights are not dependent on the need of the individual to have it.

Page 72 of 121 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •