Page 70 of 121 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280120 ... LastLast
Results 691 to 700 of 1205

Thread: School shooting this morning . . .

  1. #691
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    true, that is why in a free society we allow people to choose if they want to go armed or not

    and we let people decide how many rounds they want in their carry pieces since there is no evidence whatsoever that law abiding people are more likely to go berserk when they have a higher capacity pistol.

    I find it amusing you spend so much time trying to tell people who know far more about this subject and FAR MORE ABOUT THEIR OWN CIRCUMSTANCES what THEY NEED.

    tell us Boo, what benefit do you derive trying to tell people far more experienced than you are how many rounds we need. what benefit does society gain if everyone were to follow your poorly reasoned advice?
    I haven't tried to tell anyone anything. I really have no dog in the fight. If you actually read what I say you'd know this. However, you made the claim you need more than seven rounds for self defense. I simply don't buy that. And told you so.

    And yes, I know you don't live in a war zone. And what little information you try to give is often wrong, and I do point that out. But really, you rant and attack more than anything else. You're quite emotional. Even here you did not respond to what I actually said.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  2. #692
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,700

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I haven't tried to tell anyone anything. I really have no dog in the fight. If you actually read what I say you'd know this. However, you made the claim you need more than seven rounds for self defense. I simply don't buy that. And told you so.

    And yes, I know you don't live in a war zone. And what little information you try to give is often wrong, and I do point that out. But really, you rant and attack more than anything else. You're quite emotional. Even here you did not respond to what I actually said.
    what information have I given that is wrong and how can you possibly know given your claims about what people need are so completely idiotic that no one who understands self defense can do anything but laugh about the comments you make

    You need to stow the crap about being emotional. It is sanctimonious patronizing arrogance that appears to be a substitute for knowledge on this subject



  3. #693
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    what information have I given that is wrong and how can you possibly know given your claims about what people need are so completely idiotic that no one who understands self defense can do anything but laugh about the comments you make

    You need to stow the crap about being emotional. It is sanctimonious patronizing arrogance that appears to be a substitute for knowledge on this subject
    I notice you haven't supported that you need more than 7 rounds. I supported my claims, but merely diverted. Odd that.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  4. #694
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,700

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I notice you haven't supported that you need more than 7 rounds. I supported my claims, but merely diverted. Odd that.
    I don't need to support anything. its your freedom limiters who have to support limiting my freedom

    and you have completely ignored the obvious

    about 30 years ago most LE agencies issued 6 shot revolvers. Many studies were done by "experts" and they concluded that even desk bound cops needed 15-17 shot pistols because those weapons were the most suitable self defensive tools to use against modern day criminals.

    that alone proves that such weapons are equally suitable for other civilians who may have to defend themselves against the same criminals the cops deal with.

    So you are wrong again. the best you can do is to pretend that cops face more dangers than any other civilians which of course is not true

    and you pretend that cops are likely to face more criminals than other civilians at once. That is something you just pulled out of your six



    Implied in all your blathering is an insinuation that you are uncomfortable with trusting honest citizens with the same weaponry as police. what harm occurs when people who are allowed to carry concealed weapons can carry 18 round pistols?

    and what harm is it for a homeowner to have a 30 shot rifle to protect his home with



  5. #695
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I notice you haven't supported that you need more than 7 rounds. I supported my claims, but merely diverted. Odd that.
    Why do you want to put limitations on rounds? Please explain.

  6. #696
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    I don't need to support anything. its your freedom limiters who have to support limiting my freedom

    and you have completely ignored the obvious

    about 30 years ago most LE agencies issued 6 shot revolvers. Many studies were done by "experts" and they concluded that even desk bound cops needed 15-17 shot pistols because those weapons were the most suitable self defensive tools to use against modern day criminals.

    that alone proves that such weapons are equally suitable for other civilians who may have to defend themselves against the same criminals the cops deal with.

    So you are wrong again. the best you can do is to pretend that cops face more dangers than any other civilians which of course is not true

    and you pretend that cops are likely to face more criminals than other civilians at once. That is something you just pulled out of your six



    Implied in all your blathering is an insinuation that you are uncomfortable with trusting honest citizens with the same weaponry as police. what harm occurs when people who are allowed to carry concealed weapons can carry 18 round pistols?

    and what harm is it for a homeowner to have a 30 shot rifle to protect his home with
    Divert, move the goal posts, and dance all you want. You made a claim you haven't supported. I can only conclude you know you were wrong.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  7. #697
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    Why do you want to put limitations on rounds? Please explain.
    I don't. As I said, I have no dig in the fight. I merely take accept ion to TD's claim of needing more than seven rounds to defend himself or that it is a hardship. Whether rounds are limited or not, TD is simply wrong and exaggerating.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  8. #698
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,700

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Divert, move the goal posts, and dance all you want. You made a claim you haven't supported. I can only conclude you know you were wrong.
    More lies. You haven't come close to supporting your OPINION that no one needs more than 7 rounds for self defense. I note no one who has any training in this area has backed you up either

    tell us what harm comes from a citizen having more than 7 rounds



  9. #699
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,700

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I don't. As I said, I have no dig in the fight. I merely take accept ion to TD's claim of needing more than seven rounds to defend himself or that it is a hardship. Whether rounds are limited or not, TD is simply wrong and exaggerating.
    I am saying that honest people don't pick when or by whom they are attacked. and its always better to have more rounds than less given the uncertainty. And your idiotic argument was you never will need more than 7 rounds

    You are simply ignorant about this area



  10. #700
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    More lies. You haven't come close to supporting your OPINION that no one needs more than 7 rounds for self defense. I note no one who has any training in this area has backed you up either

    tell us what harm comes from a citizen having more than 7 rounds
    You're dancing. The positive claim is yours. You have the burden. You just know you can't, so you dance.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •