Page 66 of 121 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876116 ... LastLast
Results 651 to 660 of 1205

Thread: School shooting this morning . . .

  1. #651
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,701

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    yes, an apple is different than an orange. Repeating that is not a rebuttal.
    yes you have repeated the idiocy that need matters when applied to constitutional rights

    using your stilted logic, anyone with a clean driving record does not NEED insurance or airbags



  2. #652
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    you don't need most things you own

    I needed a gun when I was mugged

    and civilians who are not law enforcement make up most of the victims of violent crime
    No problem with you having a gun. How many shots did you need? Be honest.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  3. #653
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    yes you have repeated the idiocy that need matters when applied to constitutional rights

    using your stilted logic, anyone with a clean driving record does not NEED insurance or airbags
    Still not making appropriate comparisons. Try again.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  4. #654
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,701

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Still not making appropriate comparisons. Try again.
    no comparison is appropriate to those whose position is a faith based one as yours is

    here is the sort of argument that you should make but cannot

    1) showing that law abiding citizens who have more than 7 rounds are far more involved in mass murders

    2) demonstrations that those who regularly carry more than 7 rounds have never needed them in self defense

    3) posting studies that LE agency studies were in error for determining that civilian police officers really did not need to switch from 6 shot revolvers to 15-17 shot Glocks and Smith and Wesson or Beretta semi auto pistols

    but guess what-you cannot so instead you-someone who has admittedly never carried a weapon in civilian environments for self defense-just opine about what others need

    that fails



  5. #655
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    no comparison is appropriate to those whose position is a faith based one as yours is

    here is the sort of argument that you should make but cannot

    1) showing that law abiding citizens who have more than 7 rounds are far more involved in mass murders

    2) demonstrations that those who regularly carry more than 7 rounds have never needed them in self defense

    3) posting studies that LE agency studies were in error for determining that civilian police officers really did not need to switch from 6 shot revolvers to 15-17 shot Glocks and Smith and Wesson or Beretta semi auto pistols

    but guess what-you cannot so instead you-someone who has admittedly never carried a weapon in civilian environments for self defense-just opine about what others need

    that fails
    It's not faith; it's reasoning. Think it through. If your argument is that you NEED lots, and lots and lots of ammo, show why.

    And no, I don't have to prove the negative. You are charged with showing they are needed. You have not done so. So, I remain unconvinced. Instead of providing evidence, you rant. I showed police were different, gave support. You just rant.

    So, how many shots did you need with your mugging? I'm waiting.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  6. #656
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,701

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    It's not faith; it's reasoning. Think it through. If your argument is that you NEED lots, and lots and lots of ammo, show why.

    And no, I don't have to prove the negative. You are charged with showing they are needed. You have not done so. So, I remain unconvinced. Instead of providing evidence, you rant. I showed police were different, gave support. You just rant.

    So, how many shots did you need with your mugging? I'm waiting.
    Here is the deal

    free people should be free to determine what is enough ammo for them to carry

    until you can prove that people who are legally allowed to carry defensive weapons cannot be trusted at a certain round count, you have no argument

    every law enforcement agency of any standing has already determined that 6-8 shots were not sufficient for even their desk bound or administrative officers because even those people may face the very remote possibility of having to use a firearm to defend themselves. Using that standard, other civilians ought to be able to have the same weapons for self defense against the same criminals

    you cannot find any studies that support your opinion that SEVEN ROUNDS IS SUFFICIENT. You cannot possibly argue that non leo civilians will NEVER face multiple attackers while in the same breath claiming that cops often do.

    and the best you can do is to worship Andrew Cuomo and his minions who just pulled that number out of their collective asses

    for you to continue down your silly road of restrictions you have to be able to prove that the danger of allowing people legally allowed to own guns becomes so great after a certain number of rounds that they have to be restricted and you also have to prove there is less chance that they will need more rounds

    you cannot

    the bottom line is that you are a gun banner and you incrementally want to ban guns so you support silly incremental steps such as the one Cuomo foisted on the people of NY



  7. #657
    Global Moderator
    The Hammer of Chaos
    Goshin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Dixie
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,162

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .

    Ass-backward.


    One must prove necessity to restrict a fundamental right, not to exercise it.
    Last edited by Goshin; 10-26-13 at 01:01 PM.

    Fiddling While Rome Burns
    ISIS: Carthago Delenda Est
    "I used to roll the dice; see the fear in my enemies' eyes... listen as the crowd would sing, 'now the old king is dead, Long Live the King.'.."

  8. #658
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,243
    Blog Entries
    43

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by Goshin View Post
    Ass-backward.

    One must prove necessity to restrict a fundamental right, not to exercise it.
    /thread

  9. #659
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,701

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by Goshin View Post
    Ass-backward.


    One must prove necessity to restrict a fundamental right, not to exercise it.
    when the gun banners start blubbering about need, you know they think we have to prove our rights should be protected rather than proving their scumbag politicians have to meet high burdens to justify encroachments.



  10. #660
    Sage
    Higgins86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,252

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    a society that takes more and more freedom from the people is hardly evolving. you are going back to the feudal era where only the ruling class could own crossbows (the one weapon by which an individual commoner could kill a knight in full armor)
    Depends on how you define freedom, personally if I was an American who didn't own a gun I would feel oppressed.
    ‘This is not peace, it is an armistice for 20 years.’ (Ferdinand Foch. After the Treaty of Versailles, 1919).

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •