Page 62 of 121 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472112 ... LastLast
Results 611 to 620 of 1205

Thread: School shooting this morning . . .

  1. #611
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    a society that takes more and more freedom from the people is hardly evolving. you are going back to the feudal era where only the ruling class could own crossbows (the one weapon by which an individual commoner could kill a knight in full armor)
    I just don't feel as if I've lost any freedom. I just don't see it.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  2. #612
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:34 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,798

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I just don't feel as if I've lost any freedom. I just don't see it.
    well if homosexual relationships were made a capital offense, lots of straights could say the same thing

    you already told us you are afraid to own guns and you claim you don't need one



  3. #613
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    well if homosexual relationships were made a capital offense, lots of straights could say the same thing

    you already told us you are afraid to own guns and you claim you don't need one
    Not remotely the same. And I fear very little in this world. So, other that exaggeration and snarkiness, do have anything if substance?

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  4. #614
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:34 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,798

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Not remotely the same. And I fear very little in this world. So, other that exaggeration and snarkiness, do have anything if substance?
    your pronouncements have zero worth Boo. You make pronouncements about what you care about and try to project it as applicable to other people.

    we get you don't find the right to keep, bear, own, use, etc guns to be worthwhile. But your idiotic assertions that because you don't find the right valuable or that interference with that right bothers you in the least does not establish that the crap your beloved Democrats pull is a minimal violation



  5. #615
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    your pronouncements have zero worth Boo. You make pronouncements about what you care about and try to project it as applicable to other people.

    we get you don't find the right to keep, bear, own, use, etc guns to be worthwhile. But your idiotic assertions that because you don't find the right valuable or that interference with that right bothers you in the least does not establish that the crap your beloved Democrats pull is a minimal violation
    So, you got nothing. Noted.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  6. #616
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:34 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,798

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    So, you got nothing. Noted.
    that is coming from the guy whose arguments are devoid of any evidence and who projects his fear of guns onto others.

    You have never understood that your disdain for a right does not mean everyone else should support infringements of it



  7. #617
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    that is coming from the guy whose arguments are devoid of any evidence and who projects his fear of guns onto others.

    You have never understood that your disdain for a right does not mean everyone else should support infringements of it
    Between us, I'm the one who has given evidence. You constantly have nothing.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  8. #618
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:34 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,798

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Between us, I'm the one who has given evidence. You constantly have nothing.
    between us I am the one who actually understands using guns defensively. You on the other hand have admitted you have no clue about guns because you don't "need" one.

    so when you argue how many rounds someone needs for self defense it is akin to a faith healer telling a licensed Medical Doctor what sort of pharmaceuticals he needs to treat an infection. You just are speculating because you don't understand the issue

    and since you don't exercise your second amendment rights, you really have no clue how certain democrat party laws infringe on something you don't use

    so you can make up stuff or speculate but you cannot talk from personal knowledge.



  9. #619
    Pragmatic Idealist
    upsideguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Rocky Mtn. High
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,144

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by Snappo View Post
    This will continue to happen until we put metal detectors and national guardsmen in the schools. But Americans view that as an infringement on their freedoms and would rather see little children die than try to deal with the problem in an intelligent and responsible manner.
    Sorry, this might be amongst the dumbest ideas suggested.... Its extremely expensive and suggests the militarization of our schools. Silliness. Right up there with making sure the math are art teachers are packin'......

    I'm not sure why any of us are wasting time talking about this. Its long been established the 50-70 school children deaths each year are acceptable collateral casualties in our quest to protect absolute gun rights.....

    DP should be used to discuss real issues....we have already, as a society, ok'd school shootings....

  10. #620
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,243
    Blog Entries
    43

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by upsideguy View Post
    Sorry, this might be amongst the dumbest ideas suggested.... Its extremely expensive and suggests the militarization of our schools. Silliness. Right up there with making sure the math are art teachers are packin'......

    I'm not sure why any of us are wasting time talking about this. Its long been established the 50-70 school children deaths each year are acceptable collateral casualties in our quest to protect absolute gun rights.....

    DP should be used to discuss real issues....we have already, as a society, ok'd school shootings....
    Chicago schools have metal detectors and coppers in the halls. It's not unprecedented.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •