Page 58 of 121 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068108 ... LastLast
Results 571 to 580 of 1205

Thread: School shooting this morning . . .

  1. #571
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    11-12-13 @ 04:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    433

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .

    Those sane people who are opposing gun violence and the obvious fact that guns need to be much more strictily controlled and limited, are not taking a tough enough position against the gungoons and their insane attitudes. The US will never be able to rise above this problem and make their citizens reasonably safe against gun violence until a tougher stand is taken. The will is just not there to stop it and until you Americans do your children and loved ones will continue to be slaughtered.

    When is enough, enough? Do real people who aren't carrying guns around and pretending they are needed for protection, have rights too? Do pretend macho gungoons have a right to endanger the lives of others in order to satisfy what is mostly their feelings of inadequacy if they don't have a gun to back them up?

  2. #572
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:45 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    90,093

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael66 View Post
    Those sane people who are opposing gun violence and the obvious fact that guns need to be much more strictily controlled and limited, are not taking a tough enough position against the gungoons and their insane attitudes. The US will never be able to rise above this problem and make their citizens reasonably safe against gun violence until a tougher stand is taken. The will is just not there to stop it and until you Americans do your children and loved ones will continue to be slaughtered.

    When is enough, enough? Do real people who aren't carrying guns around and pretending they are needed for protection, have rights too? Do pretend macho gungoons have a right to endanger the lives of others in order to satisfy what is mostly their feelings of inadequacy if they don't have a gun to back them up?
    there would have to be something on the level of the Newtown school massacre every month for a year or two to change the politics now firmly on the side of the gun lobby. And nobody wants that.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  3. #573
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    11-12-13 @ 04:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    433

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    there would have to be something on the level of the Newtown school massacre every month for a year or two to change the politics now firmly on the side of the gun lobby. And nobody wants that.
    Just another excuse to not solve the problem. You need to recognize the gungoon element that is responsible. You most likely will when the teabagger movement dies it's natural death when Obama's term is over and they have no further reason to be 'out of the closet' racists anymore. I would suggest that will be when some of the more rabid ones in their midst will start acting out their ugliness and hate with their guns. Reading the hate and vitriol they spew on this forum makes it plainly obvious they are on the edge and needing to resort to violence.

    Listen to them and watch them froth at the mouth but beware! They are a danger to your very society!

  4. #574
    Professor

    Join Date
    May 2013
    Last Seen
    06-21-17 @ 12:55 PM
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    1,577

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael66 View Post
    Just another excuse to not solve the problem. You need to recognize the gungoon element that is responsible. You most likely will when the teabagger movement dies it's natural death when Obama's term is over and they have no further reason to be 'out of the closet' racists anymore. I would suggest that will be when some of the more rabid ones in their midst will start acting out their ugliness and hate with their guns. Reading the hate and vitriol they spew on this forum makes it plainly obvious they are on the edge and needing to resort to violence.

    Listen to them and watch them froth at the mouth but beware! They are a danger to your very society!
    You've posted in several topics and all you do is rant on tea partiers. Is someone paying you to post such things? I hope so, because the alternative explanations for your behavior is even worse than being paid to troll people.

  5. #575
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:45 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    90,093

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael66 View Post
    Just another excuse to not solve the problem. You need to recognize the gungoon element that is responsible. You most likely will when the teabagger movement dies it's natural death when Obama's term is over and they have no further reason to be 'out of the closet' racists anymore. I would suggest that will be when some of the more rabid ones in their midst will start acting out their ugliness and hate with their guns. Reading the hate and vitriol they spew on this forum makes it plainly obvious they are on the edge and needing to resort to violence.

    Listen to them and watch them froth at the mouth but beware! They are a danger to your very society!

    The vast vast majority of American gun owners are responsible people who are no threat to anyone. There are some extremists who attempt to politicize the issue fortheir own radical agenda - and some of that involves guns - but they are the exception.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  6. #576
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    11-12-13 @ 04:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    433

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    The vast vast majority of American gun owners are responsible people who are no threat to anyone. There are some extremists who attempt to politicize the issue fortheir own radical agenda - and some of that involves guns - but they are the exception.
    We're not talking about hunters who are only a danger to themselves and their buddies when their guns go off accidentally. We're talking about the gun owners who carry their guns around in their pockets or in their car glove compartment. Or also those who hide their guns under their beds or under their pillow or in their noses. They endanger the lives of their loved ones and themselves by causing a burglar to resort to shooting instead of just robbery. Statistically, they would be much more likely to live to an old age if they didn't have the guns.

    What do gungoons always resort to the defence of mentioning hunters? We all know well trained and sane hunters aren't the problem.

  7. #577
    Sage
    presluc's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Michigan
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 04:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    9,932

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by CycloneWanderer View Post
    You've posted in several topics and all you do is rant on tea partiers. Is someone paying you to post such things? I hope so, because the alternative explanations for your behavior is even worse than being paid to troll people.
    Oh I don't know I think Mchiael66 makes some good points .

    By the way aren't moderates supposed to look at both sides of the issue?

    It's not like the great NRA doesn't have any speakers for them.
    Tiki bar regular.
    My code, never take anything for granted always expect the unexpexted.
    Never take anything you don't need ,never want anything you can't have

  8. #578
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    11-03-13 @ 04:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    376

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by CRUE CAB View Post
    Actually the NRA is the one that called for armed guards, police or even guardsmen if needed after Newtown. So you are wrong.
    Even in Newtown the budget that included such protections was shot down by the people that live there.
    OK Nancy, I'll bite. What am I wrong about? Did I ever say the NRA was against that? I haven't deleted any posts - why don't you show us all what you think I am wrong about?

  9. #579
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    11-03-13 @ 04:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    376

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by presluc View Post
    It's not like the great NRA doesn't have any speakers for them.
    Nugent is a complete fruitloop. I wish we could clone Charlton Heston and get him back again. ;-) Shame I paid so much money for a life membership and they give me a bad rock star as the figurehead. I could think of a ton of folks better suited to running the NRA. I hear Dick Cheney is handy with a shotgun and out of work......

  10. #580
    Sage
    presluc's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Michigan
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 04:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    9,932

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by Snappo View Post
    Nugent is a complete fruitloop. I wish we could clone Charlton Heston and get him back again. ;-) Shame I paid so much money for a life membership and they give me a bad rock star as the figurehead. I could think of a ton of folks better suited to running the NRA. I hear Dick Cheney is handy with a shotgun and out of work......
    LOL, Yeah I'm sure Dick Cheney would be a good choice, he could talk about gun safety and how to hunt without shooting anybody and in case you do wait 24 hrs to get your story straight. lol
    Tiki bar regular.
    My code, never take anything for granted always expect the unexpexted.
    Never take anything you don't need ,never want anything you can't have

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •