Page 48 of 121 FirstFirst ... 3846474849505898 ... LastLast
Results 471 to 480 of 1205

Thread: School shooting this morning . . .

  1. #471
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,679

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Thats not the definition of harassment. Sorry.

    I've never needed a guy. So, not having one, why haven't I paid for it?
    what you do in your bedroom is not my business

    yes that is harassment. driving the cost of something I use up so people like you can pretend you did something about crime.

    your posts are pathetic when it comes to justifying INFRINGEMENTS on peoples' rights



  2. #472
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Thats not the definition of harassment. Sorry.

    I've never needed a guy. So, not having one, why haven't I paid for it?
    I'll bet your wife is happy to know that.

  3. #473
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Its highly unlikely even one will need more than seven. Again, this is not a war zone.

    And, go, as my link showed, they often walk into trouble doing their job. Again, read the links.
    Usually the cops show up AFTER the fact. It's the civilian who has to worry about his or her safety in the meantime. Most home invasions are done by groups of gang members who are armed to the teeth, through the illegal black market of course.

  4. #474
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,679

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    Usually the cops show up AFTER the fact. It's the civilian who has to worry about his or her safety in the meantime. Most home invasions are done by groups of gang members who are armed to the teeth, through the illegal black market of course.
    Boo just pretends that citizens will never need more than 7 rounds and if they do and die-well too bad, their death is insignificant and should not be used to counter the desires of his beloved democratic scumbags like Cuomo

    I have SHOT a criminal-once-that is all that was needed. so you might ask how many rounds do I carry? well my main carry piece has 8 rounds and three mags. when I carry a revolver its 5 in the cylinder, and two speed loaders but I have extra in the car along with a 15 shot 40 Caliber with four loaded magazines and a box of 50 more rounds

    I attend, train and teach at places where we study shootings. NO ONE has ever died because they had plenty of ammo. People have died because they ran out of ammo. SINCE YOU CANNOT create the situation you might be in where you would have to shoot, you should prepare for the worst



  5. #475
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    23,371

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    rejected as stupid. Cops have backup but they have 17 rounds

    at what point is a law abiding citizen not trustworthy? 20 rounds? 15 rounds? 10 rounds?

    given there was no studies supporting the limits it is obvious the goal is to gradually decrease what honest people could own

    its STUPID
    Where do you think the dishonest people get their weapons? From the "honest" people that's where. If we want to keep them off the streets we have to ban them for all. There is also a question in my mind as to why large cap mags are so vital to an "honest" persons life that they command us all to accept more risk when crazies use them? Is that fair in your mind?

  6. #476
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    what you do in your bedroom is not my business

    yes that is harassment. driving the cost of something I use up so people like you can pretend you did something about crime.

    your posts are pathetic when it comes to justifying INFRINGEMENTS on peoples' rights
    Hardly. Just exaggeration on your part.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  7. #477
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    Boo just pretends that citizens will never need more than 7 rounds and if they do and die-well too bad, their death is insignificant and should not be used to counter the desires of his beloved democratic scumbags like Cuomo

    I have SHOT a criminal-once-that is all that was needed. so you might ask how many rounds do I carry? well my main carry piece has 8 rounds and three mags. when I carry a revolver its 5 in the cylinder, and two speed loaders but I have extra in the car along with a 15 shot 40 Caliber with four loaded magazines and a box of 50 more rounds

    I attend, train and teach at places where we study shootings. NO ONE has ever died because they had plenty of ammo. People have died because they ran out of ammo. SINCE YOU CANNOT create the situation you might be in where you would have to shoot, you should prepare for the worst
    What makes one citizen think he knows what's best for another just because he's obviously frightened of guns? They just don't understand that criminals will still be able to get as much as ammo as they want. I don't know how they can't understand that, but they don't.

  8. #478
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    I'll bet your wife is happy to know that.
    Nice typo on my part. I guess that's one in me.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  9. #479
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post
    Where do you think the dishonest people get their weapons? From the "honest" people that's where. If we want to keep them off the streets we have to ban them for all. There is also a question in my mind as to why large cap mags are so vital to an "honest" persons life that they command us all to accept more risk when crazies use them? Is that fair in your mind?
    Whatever pal. It's a right, whether you're afraid or not. WE do not want to be at the mercy of criminals because of your fears. GUNS are not going to go away. Go ahead and ban them all, then only the criminals will have them. Because criminals DON'T CARE if you ban them.

  10. #480
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    Usually the cops show up AFTER the fact. It's the civilian who has to worry about his or her safety in the meantime. Most home invasions are done by groups of gang members who are armed to the teeth, through the illegal black market of course.
    Accept when they walk in on it. Stopping people, answering domestics, checking up on areas, open the door to violent situations. I'm amazed that conservatives don't understand the job of police.

    and home invasions are rare and easily discouraged. A dig our two usually is enough. But one shot would work as well.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

Page 48 of 121 FirstFirst ... 3846474849505898 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •