Page 39 of 121 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989 ... LastLast
Results 381 to 390 of 1205

Thread: School shooting this morning . . .

  1. #381
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,634

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Your reasoning here is flawed. Commonly called a strawman. You dint want to argue the issue, you you create the notion if being against self defense. This type of illogical thinking on your part likely betrays the fact that you know your reasoning us weak and seek to hide behind the strawman effort.
    You can keep making those silly claims and pretend all you want that you have countered my argument and anyone who sees this exchange sees you are without any ammunition.

    You spewed what is a reasonable limit on magazine capacity based on WHAT


    You have been impotent to tell us why honest people-ones you pretend you agree should be allowed to own guns-should be so limited

    I am waiting for you to tell us where you found 7 to be a magical number

    1) was it based on your extensive study of gun fights

    2) training with experts in the field

    3) your thirty years as a world class competitive shooter in disciplines that require uber-fast reloads of semi automatic pistols

    or was it something you just picked because some turd in NYS decided he'd restrict honest people a bit more than his prior office holders had done

    come on Boo-with all that arrogance you spew towards us pro gun posters and your dismissive sanctimonious comments towards us, we want to see where you pulled that number from and why it is logical



  2. #382
    Guru

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Nevada
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,838

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .

    12 Year old student brought a Ruger semi-auto 9 mm to school at 7:46 a.m., gun apparently belonged to his father, never entered the school building, encountered 46 yr. old math teacher, ex-Marine, present member of Nevada Air Guard, father of two, shot him dead, shot two other 12 yr olds, one in the shoulder, one in abdomen, both will survive, shooter then committed suicide with his gun. Police never fired a shot.

    Except for the deceased teacher, no names, pictures or possible motive released. Police are investigating father's acquisition of gun and how the 12 yr. old shooter got his hands on it.
    Last edited by Ray410; 10-23-13 at 12:41 AM.

  3. #383
    Guru

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:51 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    4,940

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .

    For those that say that 7 rounds is more than enough to defend yourself in any situation you are likely to face consider this. Being a member of the special operations community I have been to multiple shooting courses both within and out side of DOD and one thing that is always constant within those courses is that when you are engaging some one with your weapon ( your rifle or even more so if it is your pistol) is that you never fire a single round. Before 9\11 the big thing was controlled pairs (2 rounds ). After finding that that is just not that effective everyone who knows what they are doing teaches multiple round engagements. Usually when we are on the flat range or in the shoothouse the bare minimum that you fire is 3 rounds with much more often it being 4 to 6 rounds. After ten plus years of war that is just what it has been found to be needed to reliably put someone down immediately. Anything less and you are just giving the other person a better chance to kill you.
    And to those who say just reload they obviously have no idea what they are talking about. Two people break into your house in the middle of the night. You go downstairs with your gun and your 7 round magazine. The intruders decide they would rather kill you than leave and shoot at you. You return fire using 5 rounds to eliminate on that but now only have 2 rounds left which anyone with any real world experience will tell you it is time to do a emergency reload but where do I get that other magazine from. Did I hold it in my other hand making me much less effective with my weapon or maybe I just tucked it into the waistband of my underware ( most people don't sleep with there kit on ) and just pray it didn't fall out while I was moving around. And even if it is still there you now have to hope that the intruder won't shoot you while you are reloading. Not like you can get behind cover because unlike what Hollywood shows almost nothing in your house will stop a bullet.
    Just to me it seems like limiting yourself in such a way greatly decreases your chances of survival for something that as far as I know has never been proven to prevent or lessen any crime.
    Last edited by braindrain; 10-23-13 at 03:36 AM.

  4. #384
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:58 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,819

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    gun proliferation-the Democratic Party's term for law abiding citizens being able to exercise their rights without being hassled by the scummy Dem party jerkoffs in Congress?
    Actually its a term for the expansion of guns in society.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  5. #385
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:58 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,819

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by MACS-24 View Post
    So, what is the purpose of gun free zones then, seeing this is almost the only place this stuff happens.

    No pro gun person on here has been lobbying for "gun proliferation" Only to be left alone for the guns they, themselves, do have and may want in the future. So, that is a flat out lie.
    Baloney. I provided you with amply evidence of the desire to have more and more and more and more guns in society and daily life to the point where some towns want to MANDATE gun ownership.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  6. #386
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:58 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,819

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by SMTA View Post
    And the dance of discounting personal accountability continues......
    One could not help but notice that you opted for a fast drive by attack rather than any evidence to support the claims and allegations made.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  7. #387
    OPO extraordinaire

    MACS-24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    12-05-17 @ 11:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    3,426

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    Baloney. I provided you with amply evidence of the desire to have more and more and more and more guns in society and daily life to the point where some towns want to MANDATE gun ownership.
    So what's your point? Who are you to dictate how much of anything I own?
    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    If certain gun guys are insulted by that? Good, they should be ashamed: the rest of US are sick and tired of having our intelligence insulted[/i].



  8. #388
    OPO extraordinaire

    MACS-24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    12-05-17 @ 11:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    3,426

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    One could not help but notice that you opted for a fast drive by attack rather than any evidence to support the claims and allegations made.
    ....says the pot to the kettle
    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    If certain gun guys are insulted by that? Good, they should be ashamed: the rest of US are sick and tired of having our intelligence insulted[/i].



  9. #389
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,634

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    Actually its a term for the expansion of guns in society.
    well to most objective people who actually understand the facts, more guns in the hands of honest citizens is a good thing. More guns in the hands of scumbags is bad. Sadly, the solution of the anti gun left is to pass laws that mainly prevent or obstruct good people getting guns leaving us like what was seen in DC and Chicago where only the scumbags were armed in confrontations between good people and criminals. Proliferation is a loaded term used by the anti gun left to worry and accentuate the emotional response by low information voters.



  10. #390
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,634

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by braindrain View Post
    For those that say that 7 rounds is more than enough to defend yourself in any situation you are likely to face consider this. Being a member of the special operations community I have been to multiple shooting courses both within and out side of DOD and one thing that is always constant within those courses is that when you are engaging some one with your weapon ( your rifle or even more so if it is your pistol) is that you never fire a single round. Before 9\11 the big thing was controlled pairs (2 rounds ). After finding that that is just not that effective everyone who knows what they are doing teaches multiple round engagements. Usually when we are on the flat range or in the shoothouse the bare minimum that you fire is 3 rounds with much more often it being 4 to 6 rounds. After ten plus years of war that is just what it has been found to be needed to reliably put someone down immediately. Anything less and you are just giving the other person a better chance to kill you.
    And to those who say just reload they obviously have no idea what they are talking about. Two people break into your house in the middle of the night. You go downstairs with your gun and your 7 round magazine. The intruders decide they would rather kill you than leave and shoot at you. You return fire using 5 rounds to eliminate on that but now only have 2 rounds left which anyone with any real world experience will tell you it is time to do a emergency reload but where do I get that other magazine from. Did I hold it in my other hand making me much less effective with my weapon or maybe I just tucked it into the waistband of my underware ( most people don't sleep with there kit on ) and just pray it didn't fall out while I was moving around. And even if it is still there you now have to hope that the intruder won't shoot you while you are reloading. Not like you can get behind cover because unlike what Hollywood shows almost nothing in your house will stop a bullet.
    Just to me it seems like limiting yourself in such a way greatly decreases your chances of survival for something that as far as I know has never been proven to prevent or lessen any crime.
    having been trained the same way I know you are right but anti gun parrots will just pretend that they know what is best despite having no training. The won't ever tell us where the line should be drawn and why -if a citizen cannot legally own a gun, he cannot be trusted with the same number of rounds as often less well trained cops and of course, criminals. Rather than making a rational argument (none exists of course) for such limits, these anti gun extremists merely parrot what some politician has said or worse yet, just pull a figure out of their shorts and pronounce it is proper.



Page 39 of 121 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •