Page 30 of 121 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080 ... LastLast
Results 291 to 300 of 1205

Thread: School shooting this morning . . .

  1. #291
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by Glen Contrarian View Post
    "But by very virtue of freedom, there is danger and uncertainty."

    And EVERY nation that has what conservatives want - a small government, low effective taxes, and little or no regulation - is a third-world nation with LOTS of 'danger and uncertainty'. But I digress.
    You certainly do. Not only that, you've proven nothing and provided no evidence. You just imply that coincidence has meaning.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  2. #292
    Assassin
    Verax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    9,530

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by CRUE CAB View Post
    Any time you find an aussie willing to come to Melbourne Florida, let me know and I will certainly be more than willing to educate him on the rights I enjoy every day that they can only dream of. And I can guarantee my teeth will still be firmly planted in my mouth.
    OH **** ITS ON!

    Mothers lock up your daughters, CRUE CAB is putting up his dukes.

  3. #293
    Sage
    Glen Contrarian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Bernie to the left of me, Hillary to the right, here I am...
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 07:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    15,538

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Didnt say they werent humans. I said I dont CARE about them. I dont live their lives. That doesnt make them not human...it makes them not my problem. And hey...way to completely ignore the FACTS...you know...that there is violence and bloodshed every day in this country and you couldnt give a **** about THEM...because they dont suit your needs, cause and agenda. You REALLY want to play the "who is the inhumane asshole" game? Quick...tell us how many teenagers were killed in Chicago over the weekend and why you didnt bother to create a thread about them.
    How DARE you imply that Aussies and Canucks and Kiwis are as human as you! You're a red-blooded gun-rights supporter, and that makes you better than all of them - heck it even makes you better than those wannabe-American teenagers in Chicago who got killed because they weren't packing guns, too! See, REAL Americans pack guns all the time, everywhere - and those who don't pack guns, well, we're just 'pretend' Americans...and it's our duty to bow and kiss the asses of gun owners because we aren't American enough to pack loaded guns into Starbucks, into churches, and into bars!
    To do evil, a human being must first of all believe that what hes doing is good" - Solzhenitsyn

    "...with the terrorists, you have to take out their families." - Donald Trump

  4. #294
    Sage
    Glen Contrarian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Bernie to the left of me, Hillary to the right, here I am...
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 07:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    15,538

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    You certainly do. Not only that, you've proven nothing and provided no evidence. You just imply that coincidence has meaning.
    So...every democracy that is part of the first world has the type of government that conservatives say will bring economic doom...but every country that has the type of government that conservatives say will bring better economic prosperity - specifically, weak government, low effective taxes, and little or no regulation - is a third-world nation.

    That's not evidence per se - that's hard DATA. Looking at things in a scientific way requires that one see what that data is first, and then figure out why the data turned out that way. Would you care to say why you think the data turned out that way?

    Because I hope you're not one of those who insist that the data must fit the belief, rather than forcing one's belief to fit the available data.
    To do evil, a human being must first of all believe that what hes doing is good" - Solzhenitsyn

    "...with the terrorists, you have to take out their families." - Donald Trump

  5. #295
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by Glen Contrarian View Post
    So...every democracy that is part of the first world has the type of government that conservatives say will bring economic doom...but every country that has the type of government that conservatives say will bring better economic prosperity - specifically, weak government, low effective taxes, and little or no regulation - is a third-world nation.

    That's not evidence per se - that's hard DATA. Looking at things in a scientific way requires that one see what that data is first, and then figure out why the data turned out that way. Would you care to say why you think the data turned out that way?

    Because I hope you're not one of those who insist that the data must fit the belief, rather than forcing one's belief to fit the available data.
    This is a lot of assumption and hysteria. The major assumption is that everything else except government remains constant so that direct comparison can be made. That is of course untrue. What makes a country first or third is a build up of many dynamics and not based solely on the government. It assumes that the various successful countries of Europe all succeeded similarly and based predominately on their government. You further imply that because some weak government countries are third world countries, then all small and constrained government can only produce third world countries. This is of course untrue, as many of the now established first and second world countries came about from environments that initially had a more constrained government. Additionally, it does not say that a constrained government is no government or an ineffective government as may be found in the third world states. Your entire argument is just one big logic fail.

    So thus isn't hard data, it's assumption and supposition.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  6. #296
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,717

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by Glen Contrarian View Post
    How DARE you imply that Aussies and Canucks and Kiwis are as human as you! You're a red-blooded gun-rights supporter, and that makes you better than all of them - heck it even makes you better than those wannabe-American teenagers in Chicago who got killed because they weren't packing guns, too! See, REAL Americans pack guns all the time, everywhere - and those who don't pack guns, well, we're just 'pretend' Americans...and it's our duty to bow and kiss the asses of gun owners because we aren't American enough to pack loaded guns into Starbucks, into churches, and into bars!
    You want to keep playing the silly implication game, be my guest. You created the stupid...you might as well continue to dwell in it.

    And thanks for proving the point. You care not a damn about the 'victims'...but boy, dont you love your pet 'cause'.

  7. #297
    White trash on dope.
    d0gbreath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Denton, TX
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,876

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .

    It's happened.

    I am now numb towards school shootings.

    Damn Pavlov.

  8. #298
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    11-12-13 @ 04:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    433

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by d0gbreath View Post
    It's happened.

    I am now numb towards school shootings.

    Damn Pavlov.
    Now there's the attitude! And what the hell, they're only innocent Americans and 2nd. amendment rights have a price. With 320 million people America can afford to have 30 or 40 thousand people blown away by gungoons every year.

  9. #299
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,769

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael66 View Post
    Now there's the attitude! And what the hell, they're only innocent Americans and 2nd. amendment rights have a price. With 320 million people America can afford to have 30 or 40 thousand people blown away by gungoons every year.
    You keep dropping the bar for silly posts. More than half of those deaths are suicides

    when I see some Foreigner calling people "gungoons" it shows how willy their argument is going to be

    if you factor out suicides and criminals killing other mopes (more than three quarters of those murdered each year have records-and many who don't have juvi records that are not traceable), our firearm violence rates are lower than many of the eurosocialist nations you paen



  10. #300
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by CRUE CAB View Post
    So far, most of society has no issue with my guns. Had they, you would have gotten more gun laws in April. Obama blew it.
    Hardly. If there was no push form the populace, there would be no movement. That's how it works. If you take the time to look, you would see a majority of urban folk want gun laws and a majority of rural people don't, for the most part.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

Page 30 of 121 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •