Page 20 of 121 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070120 ... LastLast
Results 191 to 200 of 1205

Thread: School shooting this morning . . .

  1. #191
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,814

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I'm sure you don't, but I can think of a reason to care.

    The point us hunters can still hunt, and people can still for protection, and very little in real life has changed. That equals minor.

    Rejected as dishonest again

    ANti gun advocates are in no position to define what is a minor infringement.

    If you were a GM USPSA competitor you wouldn't be saying such stupid things.

    And tell us, if NYS has determined that 17 round GLOCK handguns are the best protection against violent criminals for their officers to use, why should the rest of us be handicapped with 7 round limits?



  2. #192
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Melbourne Florida
    Last Seen
    04-18-17 @ 03:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    16,763

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Neither. None if these laws amount to anything significant.
    Still waiting for your gun law ideas.
    See here is the break down.
    Pro gun rights people. We believe in personal responsibility, punishing the criminal, raising children to not be weak minded, we believe in the US Constitution, we hold all our rights dear and know when one falls they all will fall.
    Pro gun control people. They dont believe in personal responsibility, coddle the criminal, raise children to be weak and fearful, and would love a total revamp of the constitution to eliminate gun rights, and they dont care if it falters and goes away as long as the G is there to protect and provide for them.

  3. #193
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by CRUE CAB View Post
    Sure, just revamp the product line to bow to political pressure. Sounds oh so American. You said enough. You are the type that thinks we should be just allowed single shot rifles and one box of ammo per year. Thanks for showing your colors.
    Such has happened with many things. I listed automobiles as an example of that earlier. I don't see an issue.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  4. #194
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    opinion noted and rejected as specious and dishonest. Those restrictions are all based on safety

    none of the crap the Democrats have passed are aimed at criminals but rather people who don't violate substantive laws.

    I can own a car that is faster than anything the cops have. so your analogy is moronic.
    This may shock you, but some thought those restrictions were about safety.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  5. #195
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Melbourne Florida
    Last Seen
    04-18-17 @ 03:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    16,763

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I'm sure you don't, but I can think of a reason to care.

    The point us hunters can still hunt, and people can still for protection, and very little in real life has changed. That equals minor.
    Being told how many rounds I can have to defend my home and protect my family is not minor. That is a slap in the face.

  6. #196
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,814

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    And you won't be proficient with seven? Really?
    more moronic evasion. "Professional" cops are issued 17 round magazines even though COPS ARE MORE LIKELY TO SHOOT THE WRONG PERSON than other armed civilians

    IF PROFESSIONAL COPS need 17 rounds so do the rest of us

    lacking in your braying about minor restrictions is a complete failure to explain why those restrictions are NEEDED.

    there are two parts to the debate

    1) are the infringements improper when applied to honest people-you claim they are not improper, I claim they are

    2) do the infringement clearly advance a proper good-you cannot even come close to making that argument with evidence



  7. #197
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by CRUE CAB View Post
    Nothing to do with rights as pertains to automobiles. And I have gutted more cats and blacked out more windows than I can remember.
    Then you have issue we can likely fix here.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  8. #198
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Melbourne Florida
    Last Seen
    04-18-17 @ 03:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    16,763

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    This may shock you, but some thought those restrictions were about safety.
    Lie, even VP Biden admitted that those laws would do nothing to prevent crimes.

  9. #199
    Quantum sufficit

    Threegoofs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The birthplace of Italian Beef
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,676

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by CRUE CAB View Post
    Being told how many rounds I can have to defend my home and protect my family is not minor. That is a slap in the face.
    I'm offended I can't have a SAM battery on my roof. You never know when the government might send a Blackhawk to my house,

    Outraged! Freedoms!
    Many Trump supporters have lots of problems, and those deplorables are bringing those problems to us. They’re racists. They’re misogynists. They’re islamophobic. They're xenophobes and homophobes. And some, I assume, are good people.

  10. #200
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,814

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by CRUE CAB View Post
    Being told how many rounds I can have to defend my home and protect my family is not minor. That is a slap in the face.
    well if there were real justice-anytime a law abiding citizen is slain or injured because he was disarmed or limited in his ability to defend himself-those who advocated or implemented such restrictions would be personally liable. Indeed, if someone has his family slain because he was denied a weapon or sufficient rounds-I wouldn't get all that bent out of shape if he-after getting even with the killers-went after those who had prevented him from defending his family



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •