Page 16 of 121 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666116 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 160 of 1205

Thread: School shooting this morning . . .

  1. #151
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Melbourne Florida
    Last Seen
    04-18-17 @ 03:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    16,763

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Stating a fact is not anti anything.
    You stated the fact of his examples as "minor". You said it all right there. You may wish to walk it back, but dont bother we know where you stand.

  2. #152
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by CRUE CAB View Post
    Who? Law enforcement, prosecutors, judges. That is who. There are laws in almost every state on reasonable means to lock up guns and keep them from becoming tools of violence or used in a wrongful careless manner. Yet find me a parent of a kid that found daddys heater that is in jail right now for the charge of allowing junior to get to his gun.
    That's interesting. Tomorrow I will look into that. Not one you say?

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  3. #153
    Sage
    opendebate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 01:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    7,315

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I will say this, the gun is but a tool. An efficient tool. But just a tool. Our problems really are larger. It's not the tool, but the mindset.
    I agree with you 100%. How do you suggest we address the mindset?
    "Judge a man by his questions rather than his answers" - Voltaire
    "There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow men. True nobility lies in being superior to your former self" -Hemingway

  4. #154
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,561

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    No, they don't matter. It's just talk. None would dare actually do anything significant. Just won't happen.
    yeah like say ten round magazine limits passed in 1994 and bans on most semi auto rifles in California

    you are either IGNORANT of what dems have done in many states or dishonestly claim that such laws don't exist and that assholes like those turds mentioned by CC don't plan even more nonsense.



  5. #155
    Sage
    opendebate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 01:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    7,315

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by CRUE CAB View Post
    Look at our prison system and you tell us, or is that too racist for you.
    Say it.
    "Judge a man by his questions rather than his answers" - Voltaire
    "There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow men. True nobility lies in being superior to your former self" -Hemingway

  6. #156
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,561

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by opendebate View Post
    I agree with you 100%. How do you suggest we address the mindset?
    Letting victims have the power to kill or severely injure those with nefarious mindsets that they act upon



  7. #157
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by CRUE CAB View Post
    Pretty minor? Really? Short of some smaller framed semi autos and older weapons like 1911s, most modern semi auto hand guns come with a minimum capacity of 10 rounds.
    Are you telling me suppliers won't adjust? Do you really expect me to believe that?

    Yes, minor.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  8. #158
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,561

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Are you telling me suppliers won't adjust? Do you really expect me to believe that?

    Yes, minor.
    I don't think you have the credibility to determine what are minor infringements of a right you don't have much, if any, use for.



  9. #159
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    02-18-14 @ 08:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,660

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    I have never heard pro rights advocates call people to arms over a nut shooting kids in a school. At "worst" they argue that schools should not be a gun free zone where only killers are armed and thus will be able to kill innocents unchallenged.

    the fact is-school shootings are incidents anti gun extremists LOOK FORWARD TO and crave in order to advance their disgusting agenda. Look at arch scumbag Feintard who had her anti gun schemes in the works for at least a year but waited until Newtown to unleash it.

    SHE WANTS these sort of deaths because to the hysterical left, the end justify the ends and if a few kids die its ok as long as the hated NRA is punished.
    nothing beats that slob Michael Moore trying to blame Columbine on Heston and Kmart

  10. #160
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Melbourne Florida
    Last Seen
    04-18-17 @ 03:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    16,763

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    No, they don't matter. It's just talk. None would dare actually do anything significant. Just won't happen.
    When leaders of our nation speak words like ban and confiscation. We better listen. Its more than just talk.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •