Page 15 of 121 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565115 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 1205

Thread: School shooting this morning . . .

  1. #141
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    that is BS

    when you cannot have more than a 7 round magazine that is hardly minor

    if you cannot own a semi auto rifle with a detachable magazine that is hardly minor

    and you dishonestly pretend that what happened in England is not relevant here because it kills your argument

    gun haters in england claimed that registration would not lead to confiscation
    No, those are all pretty minor.

    And no, we're not England. That's just a fact. We're not Australia either, but as I understand it, restrictions have worked there. Like I said, though, we're not either of those countries.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  2. #142
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,703

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by opendebate View Post
    No, because people are desperate and desperate people do desperate things and take their changes. Also, they never think THEY will get caught.
    I agree, and as long as people like that are willing to kill or rob others, the rest of us need to be able to defend ourselves from them. Anti gunners want to make sure people like that will face disarmed victims.



  3. #143
    Sage
    opendebate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 01:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    7,315

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    Oh, I don't buy that. Parents start getting locked up for leaving loaded guns around for their 15/16-year-olds to shoot up schools? I think we'll see a definite run on gun safes.
    I could be mistaken but I thought, based on research that has been done, punishment or the threat of punishment for committing a crime does not deter crime. I will have to look it up.
    "Judge a man by his questions rather than his answers" - Voltaire
    "There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow men. True nobility lies in being superior to your former self" -Hemingway

  4. #144
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Melbourne Florida
    Last Seen
    04-18-17 @ 03:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    16,763

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    "They" who? Certainly we can talk about this here.
    Who? Law enforcement, prosecutors, judges. That is who. There are laws in almost every state on reasonable means to lock up guns and keep them from becoming tools of violence or used in a wrongful careless manner. Yet find me a parent of a kid that found daddys heater that is in jail right now for the charge of allowing junior to get to his gun.

  5. #145
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    and you get upset when people state your posts are anti gun
    Stating a fact is not anti anything.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  6. #146
    Sage
    opendebate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 01:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    7,315

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    but restricting the rights of honest people will stop those who have already lost that right from abusing a right they don't have?
    Looking at the situation strictly in terms of what would be effective, I question that tactic based on research (and I could be wrong here) stating that is does not function as a deterrent.
    "Judge a man by his questions rather than his answers" - Voltaire
    "There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow men. True nobility lies in being superior to your former self" -Hemingway

  7. #147
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Melbourne Florida
    Last Seen
    04-18-17 @ 03:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    16,763

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    No, those are all pretty minor.

    And no, we're not England. That's just a fact. We're not Australia either, but as I understand it, restrictions have worked there. Like I said, though, we're not either of those countries.
    Pretty minor? Really? Short of some smaller framed semi autos and older weapons like 1911s, most modern semi auto hand guns come with a minimum capacity of 10 rounds.

  8. #148
    Sage
    opendebate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 01:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    7,315

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by CRUE CAB View Post
    What did I "start". By calling for the partisanship to begin. Am I wrong, just read the thread. The libs jumped on that bait instantly.
    Sorry brother, it was you. You threw the first punch.
    Last edited by opendebate; 10-22-13 at 12:16 AM.
    "Judge a man by his questions rather than his answers" - Voltaire
    "There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow men. True nobility lies in being superior to your former self" -Hemingway

  9. #149
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by CRUE CAB View Post
    Truth how so. You ever heard of Gov Cuomo, vp Biden, President Obama, Sen Feinstien? They are ready and willing to take whatever guns they can from us. NOW.
    No, they don't matter. It's just talk. None would dare actually do anything significant. Just won't happen.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  10. #150
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,703

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    No, those are all pretty minor.

    And no, we're not England. That's just a fact. We're not Australia either, but as I understand it, restrictions have worked there. Like I said, though, we're not either of those countries.

    they are minor to an anti gun advocate. Its like me saying as long as we have Lutheran churches, banning catholic, Methodist, Baptist and Episcopal Churches, are minor infringements on religion. I don't go to church so such restrictions are minor to me

    I also don't play golf so limiting people to one wood and one iron is minor as well

    given those restrictions do nothing positive, they are major infringements on freedom

    and given your comments I hope you chastise the anti gun fellow travelers of yours who constantly bray we need England gun laws here



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •