Page 14 of 121 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464114 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 1205

Thread: School shooting this morning . . .

  1. #131
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    Μολὼν λαβέ's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    09-29-17 @ 11:22 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,914

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    By anyone who matters, very few. We can all find the outliners, but do you really want to be judge by those on your side at the extreme? There is virtually no chance of guns being banned in America. No chance at all.
    Thanks to the NRA and other gun rights organizations for preserving our heritage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Generalizations are stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Steel View Post
    The Second Amendment has nothing to do with guns.

  2. #132
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Melbourne Florida
    Last Seen
    04-18-17 @ 03:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    16,763

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I have no trouble punishing careless parents. This should be part if the discussion. I'm just not sure why some don't make these arguments.
    They dont want to. They feel the parents are suffering enough. But it has not sunk into some parents and minors are still getting their hands on guns and doing negligent and criminal acts.

  3. #133
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by Μολὼν λαβέ View Post
    Thanks to the NRA and other gun rights organizations for preserving our heritage.


    No, thanks to American mythology.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  4. #134
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Melbourne Florida
    Last Seen
    04-18-17 @ 03:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    16,763

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by opendebate View Post
    And whom pray-tell are the ones committing the vast majority of the violent acts...hmmmmmmm?
    Look at our prison system and you tell us, or is that too racist for you.

  5. #135
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by CRUE CAB View Post
    They dont want to. They feel the parents are suffering enough. But it has not sunk into some parents and minors are still getting their hands on guns and doing negligent and criminal acts.
    "They" who? Certainly we can talk about this here.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  6. #136
    Sage
    reinoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Out West
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    16,124
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: 2 dead, 2 boys hurt in Nevada school shooting

    Quote Originally Posted by CycloneWanderer View Post
    Holy carp! That's a bit excessive.
    The Reno P.D. are nothing more than glorified tax-collectors. The longer I live here the less I think Reno 911 as a parody. And as tragic as this incident was, they most likely used it as an opportunity to stand around and do nothing, knowing full well that the situation was resolved before a single officer arrived.

  7. #137
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,779

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    No, they really haven't. They have minor restrictions, but guns are still quite prevalent.

    And we're not England.
    that is BS

    when you cannot have more than a 7 round magazine that is hardly minor

    if you cannot own a semi auto rifle with a detachable magazine that is hardly minor

    and you dishonestly pretend that what happened in England is not relevant here because it kills your argument

    gun haters in england claimed that registration would not lead to confiscation



  8. #138
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,779

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post


    No, thanks to American mythology.

    and you get upset when people state your posts are anti gun



  9. #139
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Melbourne Florida
    Last Seen
    04-18-17 @ 03:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    16,763

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Its the truth.
    Truth how so. You ever heard of Gov Cuomo, vp Biden, President Obama, Sen Feinstien? They are ready and willing to take whatever guns they can from us. NOW.

  10. #140
    Sage
    opendebate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 01:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    7,315

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by CRUE CAB View Post
    Because while on the books is hardly ever enforced.
    No, because people are desperate and desperate people do desperate things and take their chances. Also, they never think THEY will get caught.
    Last edited by opendebate; 10-22-13 at 12:18 AM.
    "Judge a man by his questions rather than his answers" - Voltaire
    "There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow men. True nobility lies in being superior to your former self" -Hemingway

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •