Page 119 of 121 FirstFirst ... 1969109117118119120121 LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,190 of 1205

Thread: School shooting this morning . . .

  1. #1181
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,723

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by Snappo View Post
    Of my modern pistols, I think my M&P 40 might have the worst 3 shot groups. I really dislike it and I don't even bother shooting it anymore.
    I pretty well crushed all the instructors with their Glocks on speed drills at the place where I train. The next year they were all carrying SWs. I am a member of the Glock 500 club (my son at 15 cranked out a 498 so he will be in it soon) but I reload and you cannot safely shoot lead bullets in the Glock barrels (true I have Lake Storm or LW aftermarket ones in some of my Glocks) and the trigger reset on the Smith is superior. they aren't bullseye guns though. my most accurate smith is a Davis built model 10 PPC gun.



  2. #1182
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    11-03-13 @ 04:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    376

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by CRUE CAB View Post
    Seriously, how many crimes are commited with ARs, AKs, M4s and such? Very very few. But they get the headlines when it happens.
    You aren't the first person to ever ask me that, so I actually know the answer. Since the NFA required the tax stamp, 2 shooting have occurred using a Class III legally owned weapon and involving a death. Both times it was a cop that owned it. So that's what - like 90 years and 2 shootings? I love my Class III stuff. Right now I am converting my 1919A4 from 7.62 NATO to 30-06 because I bought 100K rounds of 30-06 at the CMP in Anneston. If not for swapping over, I would probably never shoot it again. With 7.62 NATO I probably chew through maybe $1K a minute, give or take. That's too expensive for having fun, IMHO. When I want to shoot full auto, for the most part I shoot my M11A1 in .380 or my Uzi mini in 9mm.

  3. #1183
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,723

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by Snappo View Post
    You aren't the first person to ever ask me that, so I actually know the answer. Since the NFA required the tax stamp, 2 shooting have occurred using a Class III legally owned weapon and involving a death. Both times it was a cop that owned it. So that's what - like 90 years and 2 shootings? I love my Class III stuff. Right now I am converting my 1919A4 from 7.62 NATO to 30-06 because I bought 100K rounds of 30-06 at the CMP in Anneston. If not for swapping over, I would probably never shoot it again. With 7.62 NATO I probably chew through maybe $1K a minute, give or take. That's too expensive for having fun, IMHO. When I want to shoot full auto, for the most part I shoot my M11A1 in .380 or my Uzi mini in 9mm.
    many 2A attorneys including yours truly believes that if HELLER was applied accurately to the odious HUGHES AMENDMENT it would be shot down

    it was passed under dubious clouds of legitimacy and probably was in violation of congressional rules

    100K of the Greek M2 ball-wow, no wonder the rest of us cannot get any



  4. #1184
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    11-03-13 @ 04:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    376

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    many 2A attorneys including yours truly believes that if HELLER was applied accurately to the odious HUGHES AMENDMENT it would be shot down

    it was passed under dubious clouds of legitimacy and probably was in violation of congressional rules

    100K of the Greek M2 ball-wow, no wonder the rest of us cannot get any
    My Georgia farm is only like 10 minutes from I20, about maybe 40 miles from the Bama border. I try and get up there once every year. Usually I am looking for rare stuff like smith corona 03A3's etc but if I see a really good deal on ammo I totally jump on it. I wanted 100K because I had intended to try and get a table at Knob Creek; but then it turned out you pretty much had to blow the Pope to get a table. So I said screw it. Now I have like 60 huge wooden boxes of ammo still. LOL. Meh - the kids and grandkids can have it, or I can sell it at a nice profit at a gun show.


    BTW - I am no longer against the Hughes ammendment. My guns go up in value quite nicely now. I have some full auto Colt A1's and A2's that I paid about $800 for in the mid 80's and I can easily flip them for about $20K each. And I can flip my Uzi's that I got for $1,500 for at least $6K; especially my bolt guns. I have a pair bolts on Form 3 that I had cut for a micro (they are mini bolts) by Vector in Utah (before they were busted for some ammo scam or something) and folks would line up for a bolt that can fit in a mini or a micro.
    Last edited by Snappo; 10-29-13 at 11:59 PM.

  5. #1185
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,723

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by Snappo View Post
    My Georgia farm is only like 10 minutes from I20, about maybe 40 miles from the Bama border. I try and get up there once every year. Usually I am looking for rare stuff like smith corona 03A3's etc but if I see a really good deal on ammo I totally jump on it. I wanted 100K because I had intended to try and get a table at Knob Creek; but then it turned out you pretty much had to blow the Pope to get a table. So I said screw it. Now I have like 60 huge wooden boxes of ammo still. LOL. Meh - the kids and grandkids can have it, or I can sell it at a nice profit at a gun show.


    BTW - I am no longer against the Hughes ammendment. My guns go up in value quite nicely now. I have some full auto Colt A1's and A2's that I paid about $800 for in the mid 80's and I can easily flip them for about $20K each. And I can flip my Uzi's that I got for $1,500 for at least $6K; especially my bolt guns. I have a pair bolts on Form 3 that I had cut for a micro (they are mini bolts) by Vector in Utah (before they were busted for some ammo scam or something) and folks would line up for a bolt that can fit in a mini or a micro.
    you are not pro gun if you are ok with idiocy like the hughes amendment. I would never do business with anyone who supports that abomination because it made them money. Using that logic you might well support Feinstein's desire to make all Semi auto rifles treated like machine guns. Then the cost of AR 15s would go up thousands. Think of all the money you could make selling out future gun owners for your 30 pieces of silver.



  6. #1186
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    11-03-13 @ 04:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    376

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .

    BTW - coolest man cave ever (mine of course).


  7. #1187
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Melbourne Florida
    Last Seen
    04-18-17 @ 03:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    16,763

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by Snappo View Post
    My kids are all adult now, and I am pro NG in schools. Here is the thing though - how many elementary, middle, and high schools are there in USA? To hire and train two Guardsmen per school - what would the tax burden be? What percentage of parents would be willing to shoulder that burden, and what percent would request a less intrusive solution? Infoplease says there are 98,817 public schools in USA (it referenced National Center for Education Statistics). Call it 2 or 3 National Guardsmen per school; so 200K to 300K Guard need to be recruited? Are taxpayers going to be cool with that? Are parents going to be cool with that? And consider the worst attack - Sandy Hook. Let's say we stuff the metal detector right in the front door and it's high quality just like the newer airports. Would this whack job just have taken a rifle and picked off some folks before getting through the door because he knew he couldn't get in? Or maybe go to a public mall instead? I don't see how that is a solution, as much as I think shared mental databases and whatnot to catch these loons before the go off is a solid approach.
    I am fine with local law enforcement doing the job of patrolling schools. I really dont think we need NG or military style services doing the job. Its not their job anyway.

  8. #1188
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    11-03-13 @ 04:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    376

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    you are not pro gun if you are ok with idiocy like the hughes amendment. I would never do business with anyone who supports that abomination because it made them money. Using that logic you might well support Feinstein's desire to make all Semi auto rifles treated like machine guns. Then the cost of AR 15s would go up thousands. Think of all the money you could make selling out future gun owners for your 30 pieces of silver.
    That's fine - I typically only do business with people I know. And I only know one ambulance chaser, and you aren't the one. Anyone with an FFL is making a ton of money on Class III; so maybe you should just buy saturday night specials from thugs on street corners. BTW - Hughes amendment was put into law by the late great GOP King, Ronny Raygun. I cannot imagine someone being pro 2A and not liking how he ran the show.

  9. #1189
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    11-03-13 @ 04:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    376

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by CRUE CAB View Post
    I am fine with local law enforcement doing the job of patrolling schools. I really dont think we need NG or military style services doing the job. Its not their job anyway.
    Local law enforcement would have to be re-trained to handle CQB. Still a pricy endeavor. I'm just pulling a number out of my a$$, but I could see the total cost for locking down schools from psychos running 50 billion a year. 100K schools needing 3 CQB experts each with a $60K salary and $10K of gear, plus a one-time investment of $40K worth of training per enforcement officer and a pair of metal detectors per school. That's some serious coin, actually. That burden has to come from taxpayers.

  10. #1190
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    11-03-13 @ 04:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    376

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    you are not pro gun if you are ok with idiocy like the hughes amendment.
    And you aren't an officer of the court if you are OK with ignoring the will of the Senate and SCOTUS.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •