Page 117 of 121 FirstFirst ... 1767107115116117118119 ... LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,170 of 1205

Thread: School shooting this morning . . .

  1. #1161
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    you are getting deeper and deeper. you have to prove that when someone is confronted with FOUR ARMED CRIMINALS trying to KILL YOU-a lone citizen, you will never need more than 7 rounds to neutralize all four

    how many people have you ever shot Boo up close and personal with a handgun? did you know that the one shot stopping rate of most handguns with a SOLID CHEST HIT is less than 65% That is a center of mass hit.

    Your posts have demonstrated a frightening lack of mathematical reasoning.

    If hit ratios with handguns are less than 50% and even with solid hits, the stopping ratio is less than 65% and there are FOUR ARMED ATTACKERS TRYING TO KILL YOU what does our FRIEND MATHEMATICS teach us

    4 attackers with 50% hit ratios means EIGHT ROUNDS to effectively put ONE BULLET ON EACH ATTACKER

    now if stopping ratios are at best 2/3s that means what

    MORE THAN 8 rounds!! more like three or so more

    we are up to 11 rounds

    Damn Boo, your silly argument fails math
    You're still trying to shift the burden. Your statement was an exaggeration. You could have admitted it then, but choose not to. It would have been so much simpler.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  2. #1162
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,809

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    You're still trying to shift the burden. Your statement was an exaggeration. You could have admitted it then, but choose not to. It would have been so much simpler.
    more oozing stupidity.

    for your silly argument to hold water you must prove that there is NO POSSIBILITY that ANY Citizen would ever face an attack where 7 or less rounds would be insufficient

    you cannot so you lose.

    tell us BOO-what is the purpose for this multiple day episode of mental masturbation? what exactly are you trying to prove (and failing to do BTW)



  3. #1163
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    more oozing stupidity.

    for your silly argument to hold water you must prove that there is NO POSSIBILITY that ANY Citizen would ever face an attack where 7 or less rounds would be insufficient

    you cannot so you lose.

    tell us BOO-what is the purpose for this multiple day episode of mental masturbation? what exactly are you trying to prove (and failing to do BTW)
    You. You made a dumb ass statement. I knew you never admit it.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  4. #1164
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,809

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    You. You made a dumb ass statement. I knew you never admit it.
    Oh you felt a need to respond to me and at the same time completely make a fool of yourself by claiming no one needs more than 7 rounds. Indeed you made dozens of dumb ass statements

    over and over and over

    you denied reality, common sense and rejected the entire premise of a free society

    Got it

    thanks for conceding defeat.



  5. #1165
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    Oh you felt a need to respond to me and at the same time completely make a fool of yourself by claiming no one needs more than 7 rounds. Indeed you made dozens of dumb ass statements

    over and over and over

    you denied reality, common sense and rejected the entire premise of a free society

    Got it

    thanks for conceding defeat.
    Whatever you say, but you didn't admit your stupidity.

    Don't worry. You'll say something dumb again, and take no accountability for it.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  6. #1166
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,809

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Whatever you say, but you didn't admit your stupidity.

    Don't worry. You'll say something dumb again, and take no accountability for it.
    the only person noted as making dumb statements here by others is YOU

    why don't you cut and paste the comment you claim I made that was dumb. Given your well known propensity to misquote, misunderstand, misconstrue or downright mistake what others said, I want to see my own words that you claim caused this orgasm of silliness from you



  7. #1167
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    the only person noted as making dumb statements here by others is YOU

    why don't you cut and paste the comment you claim I made that was dumb. Given your well known propensity to misquote, misunderstand, misconstrue or downright mistake what others said, I want to see my own words that you claim caused this orgasm of silliness from you
    I know you think a small group is everyone, but it isn't. Anyway, I a bit tired tonight. I'll catch your next exaggeration.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  8. #1168
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,809

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I know you think a small group is everyone, but it isn't. Anyway, I a bit tired tonight. I'll catch your next exaggeration.
    when a fact reared its fearsome head
    Sir Boo tucked his tail and fled



  9. #1169
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    11-03-13 @ 04:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    376

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by CRUE CAB View Post
    Then leave your little ones as fish in a barrell for the next crazy person. I wonder how stressed the Newtown kids looking down the barrell of a gun?
    My kids are all adult now, and I am pro NG in schools. Here is the thing though - how many elementary, middle, and high schools are there in USA? To hire and train two Guardsmen per school - what would the tax burden be? What percentage of parents would be willing to shoulder that burden, and what percent would request a less intrusive solution? Infoplease says there are 98,817 public schools in USA (it referenced National Center for Education Statistics). Call it 2 or 3 National Guardsmen per school; so 200K to 300K Guard need to be recruited? Are taxpayers going to be cool with that? Are parents going to be cool with that? And consider the worst attack - Sandy Hook. Let's say we stuff the metal detector right in the front door and it's high quality just like the newer airports. Would this whack job just have taken a rifle and picked off some folks before getting through the door because he knew he couldn't get in? Or maybe go to a public mall instead? I don't see how that is a solution, as much as I think shared mental databases and whatnot to catch these loons before the go off is a solid approach.

  10. #1170
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    when a fact reared its fearsome head
    Sir Boo tucked his tail and fled



    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •