Page 111 of 121 FirstFirst ... 1161101109110111112113 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,110 of 1205

Thread: School shooting this morning . . .

  1. #1101
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    You aren't given a choice when a group of people kick in your door. Civilians are ALSO forced into dangerous situations by criminals. Your argument has been destroyed by the simple fact that if 7 rounds were enough, then the police would also only use 7 rounds.
    No, not destroyed at all. Again, they do a different job, so there is no comparison. Show me one actual case where someone had to have more than seven rounds.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  2. #1102
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Melbourne Florida
    Last Seen
    04-18-17 @ 03:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    16,763

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Not really. I've looked for one example and can't find one. Absent some proof, it's not an assumption, but something you can't prove happens.
    So you are saying it cant happen. Ever.
    That in the even of that need, just lay down and die. Throw your empty gun because some bureaucrat says you dont need more than 7 rounds.

  3. #1103
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    No, not destroyed at all. Again, they do a different job, so there is no comparison. Show me one actual case where someone had to have more than seven rounds.
    No they don't. If someone breaks in your home with the intent on doing you harm, you are placed in exactly the same scenario, except you are lacking the backup, and possibly the equipment thanks to people like you. You have been utterly destroyed. Time for a nap for you I think.

  4. #1104
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Melbourne Florida
    Last Seen
    04-18-17 @ 03:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    16,763

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    No, not destroyed at all. Again, they do a different job, so there is no comparison. Show me one actual case where someone had to have more than seven rounds.
    Bull****, my father was a police officer in one of the deadlist cities in the US, Washington DC as a street cop and detective for 20 years. Shot one man. Because the man was drunk and ran him down with a car.

  5. #1105
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by CRUE CAB View Post
    So you are saying it cant happen. Ever.
    That in the even of that need, just lay down and die. Throw your empty gun because some bureaucrat says you dont need more than 7 rounds.
    Im not sure you're laying down and dying with 7 rounds. Don't you think you're being a little hyperbolic here?

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  6. #1106
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    No they don't. If someone breaks in your home with the intent on doing you harm, you are placed in exactly the same scenario, except you are lacking the backup, and possibly the equipment thanks to people like you. You have been utterly destroyed. Time for a nap for you I think.
    No, you're not. You are not defending others, and you don't have to follow them when they run away at the shooting.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  7. #1107
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by CRUE CAB View Post
    Bull****, my father was a police officer in one of the deadlist cities in the US, Washington DC as a street cop and detective for 20 years. Shot one man. Because the man was drunk and ran him down with a car.
    Has anyone run you down with a car?

    Again, I linked this. Not one man's story, but the facts.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  8. #1108
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Melbourne Florida
    Last Seen
    04-18-17 @ 03:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    16,763

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Im not sure you're laying down and dying with 7 rounds. Don't you think you're being a little hyperbolic here?
    No not at all. I know of two police officers, one I went to highschool with that are dead because they ran out of ammo here in Palm Bay because they tried to stop a man with a Mini 14.
    One was killed while reloading his revolver by having half a mag emptied into him.
    Also a citizen engaged with a 1911 failed to stop him after exchanging with his 7 round weapon.
    William Cruse is still on death row for that rampage at a shopping center.

  9. #1109
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Melbourne Florida
    Last Seen
    04-18-17 @ 03:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    16,763

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Has anyone run you down with a car?

    Again, I linked this. Not one man's story, but the facts.
    Point is police work while dangerous by design is not much more dangerous than what a citizen may encounter. And you wish for us to be unarmed.
    I asked you once and you dodged, whats up with the paratrooper avatar. You ex military? You took an oath to up hold and defend the constitution. The 2A is part of the constitution.
    Even as someone that is still certified to be a police officer in this state, I see that the public being armed as well as I is still a good thing.

  10. #1110
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    11-12-13 @ 04:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    433

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .

    It's no longer a debate about Americans pretending to be cowboys running around on the streets with their guns anymore. Now it's about whether or not they are going to need large magazines in order to kill people sufficiently dead.

    Eventually this has to lead to all Americans over the age of 5 being armed to the teeth with AR type rifles and all of them needing to carry them at all times to protect themselves against each other. What a joke the gungoons have made of your country now!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •