Page 110 of 121 FirstFirst ... 1060100108109110111112120 ... LastLast
Results 1,091 to 1,100 of 1205

Thread: School shooting this morning . . .

  1. #1091
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,242
    Blog Entries
    43

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Pretty close. It's extremely unlike that there would be a large number to begin with and even more unlikely that they would stay and fight. It's possible a plane will fall on me today, but not likely enough that I'd hide in an underground bunker.

    I only ask that you show it happens. Not speculate, but show.
    If you find a database from a credible source that counts shots fired, let us know. Before you limit rights, it's up to YOU to prove it necessary to do so. Or at least that's the mantra of the left when it comes to voter fraud. The push to limit magazine capacity has everything to do with a camel's nose. Mass shooting deaths are an insignificant statistic; kind of like lightening strikes.

    2012 -- 88 people murdered in mass shootings. Insignificant. When only one person has a gun, he can reload as often as he'd like.

  2. #1092
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by CRUE CAB View Post
    Um, no. See thats the beauty of the 2A. I have the right to own what guns I want and whatever ammo capacity I want.
    I have agreed with you, its unlikely that anyone is going to need more an a few rounds but the possiblity still exists.
    Hell, I keep mostly a j frame .38 next to the bed at night and under my seat in my car.
    Mostly because I consider it a get home gun. Worse case senario, its enough to get me to some more powerful guns in the worst case. Or end a fight right then and there. But if five are not enough, I keep reloaders real handy.
    But if someone wants more, let them.
    Not sure why this is so hard to understand. I'm not disputing the right, only his logic. It was a simple question. he failed to answer. Nothing more.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  3. #1093
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by CRUE CAB View Post
    You are makiing assumptions.
    Not really. I've looked for one example and can't find one. Absent some proof, it's not an assumption, but something you can't prove happens.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  4. #1094
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    Are you kidding?

    I don't know what you mean by "that is the only threat."

    The cops are armed to the teeth if need be and there is always more than one of them. If there is a call about a person with a gun, almost the whole department would show up.

    If all it takes is one guy with 7 rounds, then why would the police send SOOOO many?

    You see how you fail here?
    I thought it was fairly clear. Police deal with more than home invasions, and much more uncertainty as they are asked to go into many different types of situations. As I said, I linked this from people who do know.

    And no, I don't see how I fail. Just show it happens. That's all.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  5. #1095
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I thought it was fairly clear. Police deal with more than home invasions, and much more uncertainty as they are asked to go into many different types of situations. As I said, I linked this from people who do know.

    And no, I don't see how I fail. Just show it happens. That's all.
    Here is another example of just how you fail. Police normally do not show up until AFTER the home invasion has occurred.

    However, if they get a call that there is an armed suspect, the whole force shows up to deal with this ONE person.

    This destroys your argument that one civilian trying to defend his home and his life with a weapon limited to 7 rounds of ammunition is adequate.

  6. #1096
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    If you find a database from a credible source that counts shots fired, let us know. Before you limit rights, it's up to YOU to prove it necessary to do so. Or at least that's the mantra of the left when it comes to voter fraud. The push to limit magazine capacity has everything to do with a camel's nose. Mass shooting deaths are an insignificant statistic; kind of like lightening strikes.

    2012 -- 88 people murdered in mass shootings. Insignificant. When only one person has a gun, he can reload as often as he'd like.
    Not calling to limit rights. I just don't believe the nonsense that I can't defend myself with seven rounds. It's more of a logic thing.

    And how many shots do you think it took to stop those shootings in 2012?

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  7. #1097
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    Here is another example of just how you fail. Police normally do not show up until AFTER the home invasion has occurred.

    However, if they get a call that there is an armed suspect, the whole force shows up to deal with this ONE person.

    This destroys your argument that one civilian trying to defend his home and his life with a weapon limited to 7 rounds of ammunition is adequate.
    Again you're limiting in correctly. They walk into domestics all the time, very dangerous situations. they never know what they are pulling over, the travel through dangerous parts of town and walk in on a lot unexpected. Again, I linked this.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  8. #1098
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Again you're limiting in correctly. They walk into domestics all the time, very dangerous situations. they never know what they are pulling over, the travel through dangerous parts of town and walk in on a lot unexpected. Again, I linked this.
    Oh? And do they send in one officer with only 7 rounds?

  9. #1099
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    Oh? And do they send in one officer with only 7 rounds?
    Again, they are asked to enter into these dangerous situations. We are not. We have one place, one set of worries. Not our neighbors, not the gang on the other side of town, not entering into the crazy families house down the road. The situations are different.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  10. #1100
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: School shooting this morning . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Again, they are asked to enter into these dangerous situations. We are not. We have one place, one set of worries. Not our neighbors, not the gang on the other side of town, not entering into the crazy families house down the road. The situations are different.
    You aren't given a choice when a group of people kick in your door. Civilians are ALSO forced into dangerous situations by criminals. Your argument has been destroyed by the simple fact that if 7 rounds were enough, then the police would also only use 7 rounds.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •