Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 53

Thread: Tea party campaign contributions tumble as Businesses support opponents

  1. #31
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    35,096

    Re: Tea party campaign contributions tumble as Businesses support opponents

    Quote Originally Posted by ReformCollege View Post
    Small government isn't a friendly environment for big business.
    Well a lot of big businesses are big precisely because of or partially due to government contracts.

    Halliburton
    Boeing
    Lockhead/Martin
    Cummins
    Northrop Grunman

    ... and countless others.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  2. #32
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    35,096

    Re: Tea party campaign contributions tumble as Businesses support opponents

    Quote Originally Posted by ItAin'tFree View Post
    Got a link that shows they said anything like that? Didn't think so.
    Koch Industries dismissed accusations it has endorsed the Republican tactic of linking language to defund ObamaCare to government spending bills.

    “Koch has not taken a position on the legislative tactic of tying the continuing resolution to defunding ObamaCare nor have we lobbied on legislative provisions defunding ObamaCare,” Philip Ellender, Koch’s government and public affairs president, wrote in a letter to Senate lawmakers Wednesday.

    linkypoo...
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  3. #33
    Professor
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    11-30-13 @ 07:05 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,293

    Re: Tea party campaign contributions tumble as Businesses support opponents

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    Koch Industries dismissed accusations it has endorsed the Republican tactic of linking language to defund ObamaCare to government spending bills.

    “Koch has not taken a position on the legislative tactic of tying the continuing resolution to defunding ObamaCare nor have we lobbied on legislative provisions defunding ObamaCare,” Philip Ellender, Koch’s government and public affairs president, wrote in a letter to Senate lawmakers Wednesday.

    linkypoo...
    OK, you posted something that had nothing to do with what he claimed the Koch brothers did. What else will you screw up tonight?
    "“If we don’t deepen our ports all along the Gulf — places like Charleston, South Carolina; or Savannah, Georgia; or Jacksonville, Florida…” -Obama

  4. #34
    Professor
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    11-30-13 @ 07:05 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,293

    Re: Tea party campaign contributions tumble as Businesses support opponents

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    Well a lot of big businesses are big precisely because of or partially due to government contracts.

    Halliburton
    Boeing
    Lockhead/Martin
    Cummins
    Northrop Grunman

    ... and countless others.
    Yes good old Halliburton. They had one, or was it two years, of record profits since Obama has been President? The no bid contracts Obama awarded to them was a big plus for their bottom line. What's missing? The phony outrage from the leftists.
    "“If we don’t deepen our ports all along the Gulf — places like Charleston, South Carolina; or Savannah, Georgia; or Jacksonville, Florida…” -Obama

  5. #35
    Bat Chain Puller
    beefheart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    The burning sands of the desert southwest.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    19,369

    Re: Tea party campaign contributions tumble as Businesses support opponents

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaugingcatenate View Post
    Hey, listen...cannot seem to get definitions straight, eh? We on this side never really get used to that from y'all, but we just deal, take heart with the fact that we are blessed, some just have not that capacity. BTW, it simply isn't trolling to call some blowhard silly "opinions" what they truly are, empty puffs of liberal smoke...

    Here is a good thought logic experiment...

    If you actually had to stand on your provided substance... how long do you think it would take you to fall all the way to The People's Republic of China? Should take you a little over 15 days by my crude calculations, depending on your exact location...take a Chinese-English dictionary to study along the way, that would be my suggestion.


    Funny, you haven't offered anything but your opinion on this thread. Yet you are so damaged when someone else has an opinion.

    You attack the posters, not the issue.

    Stay angry and unfocused, you are much easier to control that way.
    "Those who do not remember the past are condemned to repeat it." George Santayana

  6. #36
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,496

    Re: Tea party campaign contributions tumble as Businesses support opponents

    Quote Originally Posted by head of joaquin View Post
    Now you've peaked my curiosity -- what do you think they were elected to do?
    Abolish overreaching policies, like Obamacare.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  7. #37
    controlled chaos
    Gaugingcatenate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Formerly of the Southern USA, now permanently in the mountains of Panama
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,159

    Re: Tea party campaign contributions tumble as Businesses support opponents

    Quote Originally Posted by beefheart View Post
    Funny, you haven't offered anything but your opinion on this thread. Yet you are so damaged when someone else has an opinion.

    You attack the posters, not the issue.

    Stay angry and unfocused, you are much easier to control that way.
    Au contraire', oh giver of completely substanceless posts...

    I think my post on how fast you would fall through your, thus far, substanceless fluff all the way to Red China was probably pretty accurate. The diameter of the earth is approximately 7,926 miles, adding to the equation the speed generally achieved in free fall [ hard to determine friction through the actual alternating thicknesses of the fluff, no doubt interspersed liberally with a thin, sometimes thicker, effluence ] per second, etc... have to do some converting to feet and then determine how many seconds would be involved and then how many hours equaling how many days... you can independently verify...I could be wrong and its only an estimate.

    You have presented nothing upon which to actually factually debate. Here, I will give you something myself then... here is a website listing the various Tea Parties throughout the nation... you show me the links to the Koch bros or some such, where they are financed and so bought and sold astroturf as I think you put it...implying they are not real grassroots...

    And then you can show us how all the various Tea Parties are Talibornagains, I think you put it... the only clever thing, however wrong, that I have seen in your posts. Being a T partier and not having any religious affiliation, nor ever been asked to provide such, wondering where your facts are on that as well. Now, we can agree that most of the Tea Party folk are good solid, and that usually means religious, citizens...but the influence of religion on the movement, while guiding people's hearts, is benign and only for the good as far as I can determine...show me otherwise with facts...

    Tea Party Groups - Locations by State

    Oh and this wiki reads pretty interesting about the National Tea Party Federation

    "The Federation requires that member groups reject Birthers, 9/11 Truthers, racial discrimination, hate speech and acts of violence and subversive behavior."

    So there it is, go ahead...show us.
    "...But resist we much, we must and we will much, about that be committed..." --- the right Reverend Alfred Charles "Al" Shaprton, Jr.

  8. #38
    Bat Chain Puller
    beefheart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    The burning sands of the desert southwest.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    19,369

    Re: Tea party campaign contributions tumble as Businesses support opponents

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaugingcatenate View Post
    Au contraire', oh giver of completely substanceless posts...

    I think my post on how fast you would fall through your, thus far, substanceless fluff all the way to Red China was probably pretty accurate. The diameter of the earth is approximately 7,926 miles, adding to the equation the speed generally achieved in free fall [ hard to determine friction through the actual alternating thicknesses of the fluff, no doubt interspersed liberally with a thin, sometimes thicker, effluence ] per second, etc... have to do some converting to feet and then determine how many seconds would be involved and then how many hours equaling how many days... you can independently verify...I could be wrong and its only an estimate.

    You have presented nothing upon which to actually factually debate. Here, I will give you something myself then... here is a website listing the various Tea Parties throughout the nation... you show me the links to the Koch bros or some such, where they are financed and so bought and sold astroturf as I think you put it...implying they are not real grassroots...

    And then you can show us how all the various Tea Parties are Talibornagains, I think you put it... the only clever thing, however wrong, that I have seen in your posts. Being a T partier and not having any religious affiliation, nor ever been asked to provide such, wondering where your facts are on that as well. Now, we can agree that most of the Tea Party folk are good solid, and that usually means religious, citizens...but the influence of religion on the movement, while guiding people's hearts, is benign and only for the good as far as I can determine...show me otherwise with facts...

    Tea Party Groups - Locations by State

    Oh and this wiki reads pretty interesting about the National Tea Party Federation

    "The Federation requires that member groups reject Birthers, 9/11 Truthers, racial discrimination, hate speech and acts of violence and subversive behavior."

    So there it is, go ahead...show us.

    You sure do love to hear yourself talk, all those words, and yet you say nothing. Yes, there sure are tea party groups, but they are still a fringe, they have low poll numbers amongst all voters, and their hero Ted Cruz has very high negatives. As for the Koch brothers, I don't have links, my opinion is that the TP is astroturf, someone is making money off all the fools. Talibornagains...yep, that is my name for the socons that want to have a theocracy in america, plenty of zealots out there, good for you for not having a religious affiliation, that is wonderful anecdotal information.

    As for your attitude in posting, you are very defensive, and needy, otherwise you wouldn't have been sending me PM's to try to make an argument personal and nasty.

    You have your opinions, that is your right, I have mine. But you take it way too personally, to the point of being a troll. Don't get your blood pressure up, this is just an internet discussion board, you don't win anything, LOL.

    xkcdwrongoninternet.jpg
    "Those who do not remember the past are condemned to repeat it." George Santayana

  9. #39
    Sage

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:55 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,940

    Re: Tea party campaign contributions tumble as Businesses support opponents

    Obama is as stupid as the Tea Party for this reason. One, the Tea Party did not read how bad this shut down would alienate people against them. Two and equally stupid is how chaotic this launch of "Obama care" is. Did not one person on the committee to set this ridiculous "system" up challenge the reality of the number of responses coming? This is going to be a disaster that will take years to remedy. Why is Obama saying experts are being called in to fix? Where were these experts when it was being set up?? We are going to see a giant mess unfold before our eyes as this sand pit continues. Doesn't this rhyme with the way the bill way rocketed through Congress without anyone reading it?
    It's nothing more than X's and O's.

  10. #40
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    01-22-17 @ 09:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    4,136

    Re: Tea party campaign contributions tumble as Businesses support opponents

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    Well a lot of big businesses are big precisely because of or partially due to government contracts.

    Halliburton
    Boeing
    Lockhead/Martin
    Cummins
    Northrop Grunman

    ... and countless others.
    You'd make a great libertarian.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •