Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 53

Thread: Tea party campaign contributions tumble as Businesses support opponents

  1. #21
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Last Seen
    09-18-16 @ 03:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,029

    Re: Tea party campaign contributions tumble as Businesses support opponents

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Tea Party politicos aren't doing what they were elected to do. Of course they'te going to lose suppirt.
    Now you've peaked my curiosity -- what do you think they were elected to do?

  2. #22
    Bat Chain Puller
    beefheart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    The burning sands of the desert southwest.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    19,235

    Re: Tea party campaign contributions tumble as Businesses support opponents

    Quote Originally Posted by head of joaquin View Post
    Even the odious Koch brothers realized this and told their minions not to drive the economy over the cliff. They must have looked at their balance sheets and realized a default would have cost them hundreds of millions in net worth.
    Yeah, the Tea Party attracts kooks like a bug zapper attracts mosquitoes. But, it was an astroturf group all the time, groups like this, and equally bugnutty ones on the left can't sustain themselves without being controlled by outside interests.
    "Those who do not remember the past are condemned to repeat it." George Santayana

  3. #23
    controlled chaos
    Gaugingcatenate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Formerly of the Southern USA, now permanently in the mountains of Panama
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,159

    Re: Tea party campaign contributions tumble as Businesses support opponents

    Quote Originally Posted by beefheart View Post
    Yeah, the Tea Party attracts kooks like a bug zapper attracts mosquitoes. But, it was an astroturf group all the time, groups like this, and equally bugnutty ones on the left can't sustain themselves without being controlled by outside interests.
    Got any reputable sources with which to back up any, any, of that litany of whiny wussy ad hom views...or are they all just your views? And you think those wishy-washy brainless witless bugs traveling down the middle lane, ending up squished flat against the windshield of history... think that is the way to go, do ya eh?

    As my late father used to say about such bugs on the windshield, bet they don't have the guts to do that again.

    "...But resist we much, we must and we will much, about that be committed..." --- the right Reverend Alfred Charles "Al" Shaprton, Jr.

  4. #24
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,719

    Re: Tea party campaign contributions tumble as Businesses support opponents

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaugingcatenate View Post
    Got any reputable sources with which to back up any, any, of that litany of whiny wussy ad hom views...or are they all just your views? And you think those wishy-washy brainless witless bugs traveling down the middle lane, ending up squished flat against the windshield of history... think that is the way to go, do ya eh?

    As my late father used to say about such bugs on the windshield, bet they don't have the guts to do that again.

    What's the last thing that goes through a bug's mind when he hits your windshield? His ass, of course. LOL.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  5. #25
    Bat Chain Puller
    beefheart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    The burning sands of the desert southwest.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    19,235

    Re: Tea party campaign contributions tumble as Businesses support opponents

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaugingcatenate View Post
    Got any reputable sources with which to back up any, any, of that litany of whiny wussy ad hom views...or are they all just your views? And you think those wishy-washy brainless witless bugs traveling down the middle lane, ending up squished flat against the windshield of history... think that is the way to go, do ya eh?

    As my late father used to say about such bugs on the windshield, bet they don't have the guts to do that again.

    My opinion. And I stand by it, and I don't change it for the likes of someone like you.

    Now, go and try to not to continue to live up/down to the stereotype that the majority has against the Tea Party...
    "Those who do not remember the past are condemned to repeat it." George Santayana

  6. #26
    controlled chaos
    Gaugingcatenate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Formerly of the Southern USA, now permanently in the mountains of Panama
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,159

    Re: Tea party campaign contributions tumble as Businesses support opponents

    Quote Originally Posted by beefheart View Post
    My opinion. And I stand by it, and I don't change it for the likes of someone like you.

    Now, go and try to not to continue to live up/down to the stereotype that the majority has against the Tea Party...
    Yeah, and you will huff and puff and ... but wait, its all just bad breath... don't change for me, change because it would be rational, logical, provable...

    You got absolutely nothing, just as I predicted. Wish-washy views without basis even, how feebly sad. BTW...

    Thought you said you liked to debate... you are aware that when serious adults debate that opinions are worth nothing if one cannot support them.

    OOOoooops... Better watch out, here comes another windshield...
    Last edited by Gaugingcatenate; 10-22-13 at 09:43 PM.
    "...But resist we much, we must and we will much, about that be committed..." --- the right Reverend Alfred Charles "Al" Shaprton, Jr.

  7. #27
    Bat Chain Puller
    beefheart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    The burning sands of the desert southwest.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    19,235

    Re: Tea party campaign contributions tumble as Businesses support opponents

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaugingcatenate View Post
    Yeah, and you will huff and puff and ... but wait, its all just bad breath...

    You got absolutely nothing, just as I predicted. Wish-washy views without basis even, how feebly sad. BTW...

    Thought you said you liked to debate... you are aware that when serious adults debate that opinions are worth nothing if you cannot support them.

    OOOoooops... Better watch out, here comes another windshield...

    Obvious troll is obvious (but, oblivious).

    Keep the rabble riled up, unfocused anger is all you have....
    "Those who do not remember the past are condemned to repeat it." George Santayana

  8. #28
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    01-22-17 @ 09:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    4,136

    Re: Tea party campaign contributions tumble as Businesses support opponents

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Not really a surprise. Their brinksmanship creates an unstable environment for business to operate in.
    Small government isn't a friendly environment for big business.

  9. #29
    Professor
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    11-30-13 @ 07:05 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,293

    Re: Tea party campaign contributions tumble as Businesses support opponents

    Quote Originally Posted by head of joaquin View Post
    Even the odious Koch brothers realized this and told their minions not to drive the economy over the cliff. They must have looked at their balance sheets and realized a default would have cost them hundreds of millions in net worth.
    Got a link that shows they said anything like that? Didn't think so.
    "“If we don’t deepen our ports all along the Gulf — places like Charleston, South Carolina; or Savannah, Georgia; or Jacksonville, Florida…” -Obama

  10. #30
    controlled chaos
    Gaugingcatenate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Formerly of the Southern USA, now permanently in the mountains of Panama
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,159

    Re: Tea party campaign contributions tumble as Businesses support opponents

    Quote Originally Posted by beefheart View Post
    Obvious troll is obvious (but, oblivious).

    Keep the rabble riled up, unfocused anger is all you have....
    Hey, listen...cannot seem to get definitions straight, eh? We on this side never really get used to that from y'all, but we just deal, take heart with the fact that we are blessed, some just have not that capacity. BTW, it simply isn't trolling to call some blowhard silly "opinions" what they truly are, empty puffs of liberal smoke...

    Here is a good thought logic experiment...

    If you actually had to stand on your provided substance... how long do you think it would take you to fall all the way to The People's Republic of China? Should take you a little over 15 days by my crude calculations, depending on your exact location...take a Chinese-English dictionary to study along the way, that would be my suggestion.

    "...But resist we much, we must and we will much, about that be committed..." --- the right Reverend Alfred Charles "Al" Shaprton, Jr.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •