Page 40 of 44 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 ... LastLast
Results 391 to 400 of 440

Thread: The Republican civil war is just getting started

  1. #391
    Sage

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Last Seen
    10-10-16 @ 10:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    6,073

    Re: The Republican civil war is just getting started

    Quote Originally Posted by Dickieboy View Post
    OH GREAT! Now Washington Post and CTJ are 'official source'...you're kidding right?
    Because BOTH sources are taking their data from the ITEP, which is an authoritative source. . .

    The Institute on Taxation and Economic Policy (ITEP) is a non-profit, non-partisan think tank that works on state and federal tax policy issues. ITEP was founded in 1980, and is a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization. ITEP describes its mission as striving to “keep policymakers and the public informed of the effects of current and proposed tax polices on tax fairness, government budgets and sound economic policy.”

    The Institute on Taxation and Economic Policy (ITEP) is a non-profit, non-partisan think tank that works on state and federal tax policy issues. ITEP was founded in 1980, and is a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization. ITEP describes its mission as striving to “keep policymakers and the public informed of the effects of current and proposed tax polices on tax fairness, government budgets and sound economic policy.”

    Institute on Taxation and Economic Policy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

  2. #392
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    07-25-17 @ 12:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,878

    Re: The Republican civil war is just getting started

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    Its hilarious watching the diversion.
    What's even more funny is that HER link supports YOUR assertion. Note from the WP link:

    total-tax-bill-income.jpg

    Uh, 'top 1'=29% '95-99'=30.4...30.4+29=...59.4%

    Yep, looks like more to me...
    "The fact that we are here today to debate raising America's debt limit is a sign of leadership failure" - 2006 Senator Obama...leadership failure indeed!

  3. #393
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,766

    Re: The Republican civil war is just getting started

    Quote Originally Posted by Dickieboy View Post
    What's even more funny is that HER link supports YOUR assertion. Note from the WP link:

    total-tax-bill-income.jpg

    Uh, 'top 1'=29% '95-99'=30.4...30.4+29=...59.4%

    Yep, looks like more to me...
    I know, nothing is funny are "google experts" who don't bother reading what they google up.



  4. #394
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    07-25-17 @ 12:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,878

    Re: The Republican civil war is just getting started

    Quote Originally Posted by solletica View Post
    Because BOTH sources are taking their data from the ITEP, which is an authoritative source. . .
    'authoritative' =/= 'official'...try again

    ps: many 'Tea Party' groups are 501(c)...does that make them 'authoritative'?
    "The fact that we are here today to debate raising America's debt limit is a sign of leadership failure" - 2006 Senator Obama...leadership failure indeed!

  5. #395
    Sage

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Last Seen
    10-10-16 @ 10:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    6,073

    Re: The Republican civil war is just getting started

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    Its hilarious watching the diversion.
    Actually, nothing is as hilarious as you desperately that payroll taxes ARE NOT income taxes, even though it's money taken by the federal govt. based on income that IS NOT given back to the taxpayer.

    Pretty much EVERYONE is laughing at TD for that one. But even IF THAT WEREN'T THE CASE, it's alarmingly stupid how anyone could make an argument about the equitability (fairness) of the federal tax system without using the total federal tax burden as evidence.

    That one takes the case for the ultimate in stupid :roafl:

  6. #396
    Sage

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Last Seen
    10-10-16 @ 10:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    6,073

    Re: The Republican civil war is just getting started

    Quote Originally Posted by Dickieboy View Post
    What's even more funny is that HER link supports YOUR assertion. Note from the WP link:

    total-tax-bill-income.jpg

    Uh, 'top 1'=29% '95-99'=30.4...30.4+29=...59.4%

    Yep, looks like more to me...
    Uh, sorry to the burst the big bubble in your crainum, but the percentages at the bottom of that chart does not quote the pct. of taxes paid. . .

    a fact which becomes brutally obvious when adding up all the percentages at the bottom and seeing that it doesn't total to 100% ?!

    turtledude--the joke that keeps on giving

  7. #397
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,766

    Re: The Republican civil war is just getting started

    Quote Originally Posted by solletica View Post
    Actually, nothing is as hilarious as you desperately that payroll taxes ARE NOT income taxes, even though it's money taken by the federal govt. based on income that IS NOT given back to the taxpayer.

    Pretty much EVERYONE is laughing at TD for that one. But even IF THAT WEREN'T THE CASE, it's alarmingly stupid how anyone could make an argument about the equitability (fairness) of the federal tax system without using the total federal tax burden as evidence.

    That one takes the case for the ultimate in stupid :roafl:
    You seem to be unable to understand that The Federal Income Tax" does not include the payroll tax

    and since the payroll tax is not a real tax on income (someone earning 150K a year pays the same AMOUNT as someone earning 400K a year and unearned income is not figured into the equation) your silly braying is just plain stupid.

    and I was not making any argument other than noting that the top 5% pay more than half of the FEDERAL INCOME TAX.

    fairness is not part of a system that makes some people to pay more than others. My concept of fairness is not based on FROM EACH ACCORDING TO THEIR ABILITY but everyone pays the same amount for their citizenship.

    so you not only are dishonest when you try to frame my argument, you are wrong when you claim the payroll taxes are based purely on income like the Federal Income Tax



  8. #398
    Sage

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Last Seen
    10-10-16 @ 10:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    6,073

    Re: The Republican civil war is just getting started

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    You seem to be unable to understand that The Federal Income Tax" does not include the payroll tax
    WE seem to unable to understand how td can call himself sane when he attempts to claim that the upper 5% pays most of the total federal income tax (which he stated) by using data that excludes the portion of that tax paid mostly by the lower 95%.

  9. #399
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    07-25-17 @ 12:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,878

    Re: The Republican civil war is just getting started

    Quote Originally Posted by solletica View Post
    Actually, nothing is as hilarious as you desperately that payroll taxes ARE NOT income taxes, even though it's money taken by the federal govt. based on income that IS NOT given back to the taxpayer.
    So following your supposition, the 95%er's payroll taxes are included in the general fund for use by the government...? Ok now how much of that is returned to those same folks in the form of:

    Temporary Assistance for Needy Families
    Child Support
    Benefits for Immigrants
    Medicaid
    The Child Nutrition Programs
     The Food Stamp Program
    And I especially liked the next sentence:

    This is merely a small portion of the many Social Welfare Services available to you, and each and every one of these programs can offer various family assistance options for families in need.
    US Welfare System - Help for US Citizens

    Are these not 'given back to the taxpayer'...based on income?
    "The fact that we are here today to debate raising America's debt limit is a sign of leadership failure" - 2006 Senator Obama...leadership failure indeed!

  10. #400
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,766

    Re: The Republican civil war is just getting started

    Quote Originally Posted by solletica View Post
    WE seem to unable to understand how td can call himself sane when he attempts to claim that the upper 5% pays most of the total federal income tax (which he stated) by using data that excludes the portion of that tax paid mostly by the lower 95%.
    Why don't you quote my post where I said what you claim I did

    everyone else knows that I said FEDERAL INCOME TAX



Page 40 of 44 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •