Page 27 of 44 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast
Results 261 to 270 of 440

Thread: The Republican civil war is just getting started

  1. #261
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,617

    Re: The Republican civil war is just getting started

    Quote Originally Posted by solletica View Post
    Most HS debate teams know how to cite evidence from authoritative sources. But you apparently don't.

    ONCE AGAIN, for the 5th time, cite statistics/evidence from a credible source (i. e. govt. agency, economics professor, etc.) that the TOTAL FEDERAL TAX BURDEN, incorporating the payroll tax, and all deductions, subsidies, is more for the upper 5% than the lower 95%.

    Tick tock tick tock. . .
    your dishonesty is mounting. I said the FEDERAL INCOME TAX burden, not all taxes payable to the federal government

    that you ignore that point means you know you are wrong and that my point was sound



  2. #262
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    07-25-17 @ 12:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,878

    Re: The Republican civil war is just getting started

    Quote Originally Posted by solletica View Post
    What's obvious to most people is your inability to cite anything to back up your assertions.

    I ask again: cite actual evidence from an official source showing that the TOTAL federal tax burden for the upper 5% exceeds that of the lower 95%.

    We're still waiting. . .
    It appears you are having trouble discerning between payroll taxes and income taxes...this will help:

    Understanding Taxes - Module 1: Payroll Taxes and Federal Income Tax Withholding
    "The fact that we are here today to debate raising America's debt limit is a sign of leadership failure" - 2006 Senator Obama...leadership failure indeed!

  3. #263
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,617

    Re: The Republican civil war is just getting started

    Quote Originally Posted by Dickieboy View Post
    It appears you are having trouble discerning between payroll taxes and income taxes...this will help:

    Understanding Taxes - Module 1: Payroll Taxes and Federal Income Tax Withholding
    absolutely, I made it as clear as possible. and "payroll taxes" are claimed to be forced savings contributions etc, not "taxes" per se.



  4. #264
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    07-25-17 @ 12:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,878

    Re: The Republican civil war is just getting started

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    absolutely, I made it as clear as possible. and "payroll taxes" are claimed to be forced savings contributions etc, not "taxes" per se.
    Yes, but I provided a source...

    Hopefully the IRS is reliable enough...
    "The fact that we are here today to debate raising America's debt limit is a sign of leadership failure" - 2006 Senator Obama...leadership failure indeed!

  5. #265
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: The Republican civil war is just getting started

    Quote Originally Posted by Dickieboy View Post
    Sides?...but the tractors/combines don't drive themselves. Those who operate this equipment, raise the cattle, gather the eggs don't live in the 'blue' areas...or do they?
    Yeah, they're all going to abandon their family to fight in your nonsense "revolution"
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  6. #266
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,882

    Re: The Republican civil war is just getting started

    How did we get from taking about internecine GOP squabbling to actual civil war, anyway.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  7. #267
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,617

    Re: The Republican civil war is just getting started

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    How did we get from taking about internecine GOP squabbling to actual civil war, anyway.

    the potential body count was almost non existent in the first scenario?



  8. #268
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    07-25-17 @ 12:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,878

    Re: The Republican civil war is just getting started

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    Yeah, they're all going to abandon their family to fight in your nonsense "revolution"
    Did I say anything about them abandoning their family? or fighting? ...or even starting something?

    here's a hint; check the OP title
    "The fact that we are here today to debate raising America's debt limit is a sign of leadership failure" - 2006 Senator Obama...leadership failure indeed!

  9. #269
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: The Republican civil war is just getting started

    Quote Originally Posted by Dickieboy View Post
    Did I say anything about them abandoning their family? or fighting? ...or even starting something?

    here's a hint; check the OP title
    Yes, they'll just stay and home and starve while others take their job.

    That's about par for the course for the right wing nutters.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  10. #270
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    07-25-17 @ 12:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,878

    Re: The Republican civil war is just getting started

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    How did we get from taking about internecine GOP squabbling to actual civil war, anyway.
    Haymarket wanted to know...
    "The fact that we are here today to debate raising America's debt limit is a sign of leadership failure" - 2006 Senator Obama...leadership failure indeed!

Page 27 of 44 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •