Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 248

Thread: Insurers reportedly receiving faulty data from ObamaCare exchanges [W:143:248]

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    12-08-13 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,114

    Insurers reportedly receiving faulty data from ObamaCare exchanges [W:143:248]

    Insurers say faulty data from ObamaCare marketplaces is straining their ability to handle even the first wave of consumers who were able to sign up for health insurance using federally run exchanges during the glitch-ridden rollout of the new law.

    Executives at more than a dozen health insurance companies say they have received data from online marketplaces that is riddled with errors, including duplicate enrollments, missing data fields and spouses reported as children, The Wall Street Journal reported Thursday.
    Insurers reportedly receiving faulty data from ObamaCare exchanges | Fox News

    so even with the dismal amount that were able to enroll that is even screwed up
    so when are you liberal going to come to the inevitable conclusion this is not working it will never work and all your doing at this point is allowing your pride and your reluctance to admit failure get in the way of doing the right thing and that is repeal and replace. you rather see millions suffer so to keep from that realization that Obama care is a total unmitigated disaster
    And you want to call the Tea Party terrorist and hostage takers?

  2. #2
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,322

    re: Insurers reportedly receiving faulty data from ObamaCare exchanges [W:143]

    What gets me is that the statements made by people like Sebilius [sic] that were along the lines of, even if the exchanges were not up by December, they would still keep the individual mandate in place....This is unbelievable.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  3. #3
    Guru
    sawdust's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    03-04-16 @ 09:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,177

    re: Insurers reportedly receiving faulty data from ObamaCare exchanges [W:143]

    Their theory was that if they could get people to buy into their program that it would last forever. That's why individuals weren't allowed to delay enrollment. I don't think they understood the punishment that Obamacare is inflicting on voters.
    "A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the majority discovers it can vote itself largess out of the public treasury." Attributed to Alexander Tytler

  4. #4
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,243
    Blog Entries
    43

    re: Insurers reportedly receiving faulty data from ObamaCare exchanges [W:143]

    Quote Originally Posted by trfjr View Post
    Insurers reportedly receiving faulty data from ObamaCare exchanges | Fox News

    so even with the dismal amount that were able to enroll that is even screwed up
    so when are you liberal going to come to the inevitable conclusion this is not working it will never work and all your doing at this point is allowing your pride and your reluctance to admit failure get in the way of doing the right thing and that is repeal and replace. you rather see millions suffer so to keep from that realization that Obama care is a total unmitigated disaster
    And you want to call the Tea Party terrorist and hostage takers?
    Another thing that bothers me about this exchange is the fact that it takes insurance salespeople out of the mix. The greater majority of people need someone to interpret insurance legalese. Even though these programs are supposed to be idiot proof? When I was able to briefly view options, they were confusing to me. I've learned that if I'm confused, the greater majority of people are as well.

    Insurance salespeople are able to cut through the baloney and compare features. There's a huge assumption being made that people are going to take the time and have the smarts to wade through the exchange and determine what policy is most advantageous for them. That, in my opinion, is a mistake.

  5. #5
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,322

    re: Insurers reportedly receiving faulty data from ObamaCare exchanges [W:143]

    Quote Originally Posted by sawdust View Post
    Their theory was that if they could get people to buy into their program that it would last forever. That's why individuals weren't allowed to delay enrollment. I don't think they understood the punishment that Obamacare is inflicting on voters.
    The problem was that it was too ambitious, and past through a one party vote that makes people feel like a.) they don't understand the entire bill, and b.) like they are forced to take it.

    That isn't how you get things done in this country.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    12-08-13 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,114

    re: Insurers reportedly receiving faulty data from ObamaCare exchanges [W:143]

    Quote Originally Posted by sawdust View Post
    Their theory was that if they could get people to buy into their program that it would last forever. That's why individuals weren't allowed to delay enrollment. I don't think they understood the punishment that Obamacare is inflicting on voters.
    and I hate to say it their theory has historical backing name one welfare program that has ever been repealed after roll out
    Liberals know this and it is why they forced rollout before 2014 so even if they lost the senate it will be to late to turn back
    liberals are just like drug dealers and their drug the are pushing is the slavery of dependency the more they can get hooked on that drug the better chance they have to stay in power

  7. #7
    Sage
    reinoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Out West
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    16,120
    Blog Entries
    1

    re: Insurers reportedly receiving faulty data from ObamaCare exchanges [W:143]

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    Another thing that bothers me about this exchange is the fact that it takes insurance salespeople out of the mix. The greater majority of people need someone to interpret insurance legalese. Even though these programs are supposed to be idiot proof? When I was able to briefly view options, they were confusing to me. I've learned that if I'm confused, the greater majority of people are as well.

    Insurance salespeople are able to cut through the baloney and compare features. There's a huge assumption being made that people are going to take the time and have the smarts to wade through the exchange and determine what policy is most advantageous for them. That, in my opinion, is a mistake.
    I agree, people are dumb! I mean c'mon? Co-pays? Deductibles? People want to get THE FREE HEALTH INSURANCE!

  8. #8
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,243
    Blog Entries
    43

    re: Insurers reportedly receiving faulty data from ObamaCare exchanges [W:143]

    Quote Originally Posted by reinoe View Post
    I agree, people are dumb! I mean c'mon? Co-pays? Deductibles? People want to get THE FREE HEALTH INSURANCE!
    People aren't dumb. People just aren't insurance experts.

  9. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    12-08-13 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,114

    re: Insurers reportedly receiving faulty data from ObamaCare exchanges [W:143]

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    Another thing that bothers me about this exchange is the fact that it takes insurance salespeople out of the mix. The greater majority of people need someone to interpret insurance legalese. Even though these programs are supposed to be idiot proof? When I was able to briefly view options, they were confusing to me. I've learned that if I'm confused, the greater majority of people are as well.

    Insurance salespeople are able to cut through the baloney and compare features. There's a huge assumption being made that people are going to take the time and have the smarts to wade through the exchange and determine what policy is most advantageous for them. That, in my opinion, is a mistake.
    reason why Maggie is so not to give up power and control. liberals want to control the message so to hide the failures and only allow the people to see the nice shinny candy
    it is like giving a piece of junk a nice shinny paint job but not allow anyone to look under the hood when you try to sell it
    Insurance companies would allow you to look under the hood

  10. #10
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,574

    re: Insurers reportedly receiving faulty data from ObamaCare exchanges [W:143]

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    People aren't dumb. People just aren't insurance experts.
    which is why we need to have regulation to keep worthless policies off of the market.
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •