Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 248

Thread: Insurers reportedly receiving faulty data from ObamaCare exchanges [W:143:248]

  1. #81
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    re: Insurers reportedly receiving faulty data from ObamaCare exchanges [W:143]

    Quote Originally Posted by FederalRepublic View Post
    You don't have a right to force someone else to provide something to you. In a free country, we call that theft.
    Are you talking about taxation...or conscripting medical workers?
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  2. #82
    Guru

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:35 PM
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    2,942

    re: Insurers reportedly receiving faulty data from ObamaCare exchanges [W:143]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    The state is mandated to care for its population, we mandated that we care for all of us.
    Keep repeating that line into the telescreen.

  3. #83
    Sage
    Mycroft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    25,867

    re: Insurers reportedly receiving faulty data from ObamaCare exchanges [W:143]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Conscription certainly is a constitutional act of the govt, so yes, you can be forced to bear arms.

    But this "forcing" is a misnomer, it is characterizing the govt as having to conscript medical workers.
    The argument of a right to medical care is not an argument for said conscription.
    Actually, conscription doesn't force one to bear arms. A person may refuse to bear arms even if conscripted...they were once called conscientious objectors and the military accommodated them.

    "Forcing" has nothing to do with medical workers...but medical insurance consumers.
    TANSTAAFL

    “An armed society is a polite society.”
    ― Robert A. Heinlein, Beyond This Horizon

  4. #84
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    re: Insurers reportedly receiving faulty data from ObamaCare exchanges [W:143]

    Quote Originally Posted by FederalRepublic View Post
    Keep repeating that line into the telescreen.
    Um, it is the polar opposite of a totalitarian state.

    You didn't have to make your argument so false.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  5. #85
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    re: Insurers reportedly receiving faulty data from ObamaCare exchanges [W:143]

    Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
    Actually, conscription doesn't force one to bear arms. A person may refuse to bear arms even if conscripted...they were once called conscientious objectors and the military accommodated them.
    yes, they were "accommodated" in prisons. This "exception" argument is not countering the principle.

    "Forcing" has nothing to do with medical workers...but medical insurance consumers.
    Well, if you are going that route, the SC dealt with that.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  6. #86
    Guru

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:35 PM
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    2,942

    re: Insurers reportedly receiving faulty data from ObamaCare exchanges [W:143]

    Quote Originally Posted by Summerwind View Post
    Then how come others are paying or have paid for your police, your firemen, your roads, your electric grid, your dams, your military, your water system, your street lights, your childrens' schools and parks, ... you didn't provide all that individually. We all pay for the rights of all of us. For some reason though, being healthy has been determined not to be a right, but driving on paved roads is. Go figure.
    None of those things are rights either.

  7. #87
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    re: Insurers reportedly receiving faulty data from ObamaCare exchanges [W:143]

    Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
    LOL!!

    So...you think securing the blessings of liberty is some sort of blanket statement that'll allow the government to demand the people do anything it wants? I don't think so. I think that phrase means that the desire is to protect the people from the government...or any person...from taking away the blessings of liberty.



    Do you contend that, somehow, health care is a blessing of liberty?
    You claimed that the constitution dealt solely with one thing. I proved you were wrong by quoting from the constitution itself

    Your attempt to divert attention from you foolish and easily refuted claims is a waste of time
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  8. #88
    Sage
    Mycroft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    25,867

    re: Insurers reportedly receiving faulty data from ObamaCare exchanges [W:143]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    yes, they were "accommodated" in prisons. This "exception" argument is not countering the principle.

    Well, if you are going that route, the SC dealt with that.
    Again, you are pretty much wrong. During the Civil War and up to WWI, men could be imprisoned. Things changed after that and until the draft ended conscientious objectors were not imprisoned. So...your example of the government forcing men to bear arms hasn't been a reality for almost 100 years.

    The Supreme Court did nothing to establish any right to health care.
    TANSTAAFL

    “An armed society is a polite society.”
    ― Robert A. Heinlein, Beyond This Horizon

  9. #89
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    re: Insurers reportedly receiving faulty data from ObamaCare exchanges [W:143]

    Quote Originally Posted by trfjr View Post
    Insurers reportedly receiving faulty data from ObamaCare exchanges | Fox News

    so even with the dismal amount that were able to enroll that is even screwed up
    so when are you liberal going to come to the inevitable conclusion this is not working it will never work and all your doing at this point is allowing your pride and your reluctance to admit failure get in the way of doing the right thing and that is repeal and replace. you rather see millions suffer so to keep from that realization that Obama care is a total unmitigated disaster
    And you want to call the Tea Party terrorist and hostage takers?
    I miss the old days before Obamacare, when people always filled out their forms completely and accurately and the insurance companies never screwed up the paperwork
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  10. #90
    Sage
    Mycroft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    25,867

    re: Insurers reportedly receiving faulty data from ObamaCare exchanges [W:143]

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    You claimed that the constitution dealt solely with one thing. I proved you were wrong by quoting from the constitution itself

    Your attempt to divert attention from you foolish and easily refuted claims is a waste of time
    You proved me wrong??? How? By quoting the Preamble to the Constitution? That was no proof.

    I proved you wrong by presenting an explanation of what that phrase in the Preamble means...and it doesn't mean what you seem to think it does.

    If my proof is so easily refuted, the do so. Otherwise, admit you were wrong...or just slink away.
    TANSTAAFL

    “An armed society is a polite society.”
    ― Robert A. Heinlein, Beyond This Horizon

Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •