Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 248

Thread: Insurers reportedly receiving faulty data from ObamaCare exchanges [W:143:248]

  1. #71
    Pragmatist
    AlabamaPaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 11:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,834

    re: Insurers reportedly receiving faulty data from ObamaCare exchanges [W:143]

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael66 View Post
    And that will be the last of your comments that I'll respond to. Because, your health care system has failed the people and that's the reason both of the political parties embarked on a plan to fix it. The rest of the wealthy first world countries have highly rated affordable health care expressly because they are universal health care systems run principally by their governments.

    suit yourselves, it's your own people that are going to suffer if they continue to not fight for their basic human rights.
    I really don't care if you respond or not, thank you...
    I don't often change my signature, but this was just too over the top to let anyone forget with what this country is up against...
    Quote Originally Posted by James D Hill View Post
    I am for gay marriage because it ticks off Jesus freaks and social conservatives. Gays are also good voters because the vote for my side so I fight next to them.

  2. #72
    Sage
    Mycroft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    25,878

    re: Insurers reportedly receiving faulty data from ObamaCare exchanges [W:143]

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael66 View Post
    And you're wrong again. Rights are granted to individuals and if they are not then individuals fight for rights. Or in other words, they fight for rights and force others to grant them rights. In Canada we fought for our right to good and affordable health care but we didn't have to resort to physical force. We forced our politicians to grant us our rights through the political process that is capitalism.

    Americans will do the same some day but first they have to value themselves to the point of understanding that they too deserve affordable health care. At the moment they are under the illusion that your profess that is not understanding that they are worthy.
    Maybe things are different in Canada, but here in the US, our Constitution...from the day it was signed...dealt solely with preventing the federal government from denying certain specified rights. Now...if our people want the government to be prevented from denying any other rights, we have an amendment process. Nowhere in the Constitution does it say...or allow for...the government to force any rights...especially rights that are not mentioned...on the people. For example, the Constitution says the government cannot deny the right to free speech. Nowhere does it say that anyone is forced to engage in free speech. The government cannot deny anyone the right to bear arms. Nowhere does it say the government can force people to bear arms. And...nowhere does it mention heath care as being a right at all. If it did, it would only prevent the government from denying a right to health care. It won't force people to engage in health care.

    Now...the Democrats have turned the Constitution on its head...have departed from the Constitution...by passing a LAW that forces people to, at least, buy health insurance. Health care is still not a right.
    TANSTAAFL

    “An armed society is a polite society.”
    ― Robert A. Heinlein, Beyond This Horizon

  3. #73
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    re: Insurers reportedly receiving faulty data from ObamaCare exchanges [W:143]

    Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
    Maybe things are different in Canada, but here in the US, our Constitution...from the day it was signed...dealt solely with preventing the federal government from denying certain specified rights.
    According to the constitution itself, you are wrong about it dealing solely with preventing the feds from denying certain rights

    We the people of the United States, in order to form a more perfect union, establish justice, insure domestic tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general welfare, and secure the blessings of liberty to ourselves and our posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.
    Securing the blessings of liberty is just one of several goals the constitution serves
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  4. #74
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    11-12-13 @ 04:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    433

    re: Insurers reportedly receiving faulty data from ObamaCare exchanges [W:143]

    Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
    Maybe things are different in Canada, but here in the US, our Constitution...from the day it was signed...dealt solely with preventing the federal government from denying certain specified rights. Now...if our people want the government to be prevented from denying any other rights, we have an amendment process. Nowhere in the Constitution does it say...or allow for...the government to force any rights...especially rights that are not mentioned...on the people. For example, the Constitution says the government cannot deny the right to free speech. Nowhere does it say that anyone is forced to engage in free speech. The government cannot deny anyone the right to bear arms. Nowhere does it say the government can force people to bear arms. And...nowhere does it mention heath care as being a right at all. If it did, it would only prevent the government from denying a right to health care. It won't force people to engage in health care.

    Now...the Democrats have turned the Constitution on its head...have departed from the Constitution...by passing a LAW that forces people to, at least, buy health insurance. Health care is still not a right.
    You're not understanding the political process. Your president campaigned on his health care scheme and he won. He had the majority of the people's support, based on his priorities. Had he not followed through with his promises on health care then he would have been guilty of reneged on his political promises.

    Had the majority of the people not been in favour of his promised agenda then they would have elected Romney.

    Therefore, the majority of the people have the right to demand to demand Obama fulfill his promises. They have in fact said, through the political process, that they regard it as their right to have affordable health care for all.

    This is as simple as understanding that your congress enacts laws that afford rights to your country's citizens. To not obey those laws would be to trample on the rights of your country's citizens. You have a right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. Now your citizens have shown through a majority vote that they claim the right to affordable health care too. It's a simple concept really. It's above and beyond your constitution as are many rights and liberties that aren't expressly mentioned. You may someday also claim the right to equality under the law as have the people of France.

    Do you propose to separate the rights of citizens that the law grants them? Do you somehow separate the ACA from other laws? If you do then your actions would be seen as treasonous.

  5. #75
    Pragmatist
    AlabamaPaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 11:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,834

    re: Insurers reportedly receiving faulty data from ObamaCare exchanges [W:143]

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael66 View Post
    You're not understanding the political process. Your president campaigned on his health care scheme and he won. He had the majority of the people's support, based on his priorities. Had he not followed through with his promises on health care then he would have been guilty of reneged on his political promises.

    Had the majority of the people not been in favour of his promised agenda then they would have elected Romney.

    Therefore, the majority of the people have the right to demand to demand Obama fulfill his promises. They have in fact said, through the political process, that they regard it as their right to have affordable health care for all.

    This is as simple as understanding that your congress enacts laws that afford rights to your country's citizens. To not obey those laws would be to trample on the rights of your country's citizens. You have a right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. Now your citizens have shown through a majority vote that they claim the right to affordable health care too. It's a simple concept really. It's above and beyond your constitution as are many rights and liberties that aren't expressly mentioned. You may someday also claim the right to equality under the law as have the people of France.

    Do you propose to separate the rights of citizens that the law grants them? Do you somehow separate the ACA from other laws? If you do then your actions would be seen as treasonous.
    And through the Representatives elected to the House, it has shown that citizens do not want this...
    I don't often change my signature, but this was just too over the top to let anyone forget with what this country is up against...
    Quote Originally Posted by James D Hill View Post
    I am for gay marriage because it ticks off Jesus freaks and social conservatives. Gays are also good voters because the vote for my side so I fight next to them.

  6. #76
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    re: Insurers reportedly receiving faulty data from ObamaCare exchanges [W:143]

    Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
    Maybe things are different in Canada, but here in the US, our Constitution...from the day it was signed...dealt solely with preventing the federal government from denying certain specified rights. Now...if our people want the government to be prevented from denying any other rights, we have an amendment process. Nowhere in the Constitution does it say...or allow for...the government to force any rights...especially rights that are not mentioned...on the people. For example, the Constitution says the government cannot deny the right to free speech. Nowhere does it say that anyone is forced to engage in free speech. The government cannot deny anyone the right to bear arms. Nowhere does it say the government can force people to bear arms. And...nowhere does it mention heath care as being a right at all. If it did, it would only prevent the government from denying a right to health care. It won't force people to engage in health care.

    Now...the Democrats have turned the Constitution on its head...have departed from the Constitution...by passing a LAW that forces people to, at least, buy health insurance. Health care is still not a right.
    Conscription certainly is a constitutional act of the govt, so yes, you can be forced to bear arms.

    But this "forcing" is a misnomer, it is characterizing the govt as having to conscript medical workers.
    The argument of a right to medical care is not an argument for said conscription.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  7. #77
    Guru

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:35 PM
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    2,942

    re: Insurers reportedly receiving faulty data from ObamaCare exchanges [W:143]

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael66 View Post
    That's just silly. In any case, enrollment problems have nothing to do with whether it will work for millions of Americans who are going without. You must know that at least. Doesn't honesty mean anything to you?

    Or is the honesty that's missing in fact because you don't want others to have affordable health care?
    I don't know why a person who wants people to have affordable health care would put in place a policy that drives up the costs of health care and needlessly complicates the process. It could be that they're lying about their intentions, so you just might be onto something. I was giving the benefit of the doubt, but if you want to call them liars, I'll go with it.

  8. #78
    Guru

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:35 PM
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    2,942

    re: Insurers reportedly receiving faulty data from ObamaCare exchanges [W:143]

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael66 View Post
    In wealthy first world countries affordable and good health care is a right of 'all' the people.
    You don't have a right to force someone else to provide something to you. In a free country, we call that theft.

  9. #79
    Sage
    Mycroft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    25,878

    re: Insurers reportedly receiving faulty data from ObamaCare exchanges [W:143]

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    According to the constitution itself, you are wrong about it dealing solely with preventing the feds from denying certain rights



    Securing the blessings of liberty is just one of several goals the constitution serves
    LOL!!

    So...you think securing the blessings of liberty is some sort of blanket statement that'll allow the government to demand the people do anything it wants? I don't think so. I think that phrase means that the desire is to protect the people from the government...or any person...from taking away the blessings of liberty.

    What does 'to secure the blessings of liberty to ourselves and our posterity' mean?

    It means to guarantee to the people of the United States at that time, and to their descendents (their posterity) all of the advantages of freedom.
    The question contains a small but significant error. It's "blessings" not "blessing." The entire clause is "...to secure the blessings of liberty to ourselves and our posterity..."
    The blessings of liberty refers to all of the benefits that are afforded by having liberty. Free speech, the right to peacably assemble, freedom of religion, the right to own property, the right to travel freely within and between states, etc. These and many others are the blessings of liberty. It goes beyond the mere implication that liberty is a blessing.

    read more at: What does 'to secure the blessings of liberty to ourselves and our posterity' mean
    Do you contend that, somehow, health care is a blessing of liberty?
    TANSTAAFL

    “An armed society is a polite society.”
    ― Robert A. Heinlein, Beyond This Horizon

  10. #80
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    re: Insurers reportedly receiving faulty data from ObamaCare exchanges [W:143]

    Quote Originally Posted by AlabamaPaul View Post
    And through the Representatives elected to the House, it has shown that citizens do not want this...
    Citizens have been propagandized with falsehoods of what the ACA is. Opinion polls are not a reflection of knowing.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •