Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 248

Thread: Insurers reportedly receiving faulty data from ObamaCare exchanges [W:143:248]

  1. #51
    Hot Flash Mama
    Summerwind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Last Seen
    01-23-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,010

    re: Insurers reportedly receiving faulty data from ObamaCare exchanges [W:143]

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    Another thing that bothers me about this exchange is the fact that it takes insurance salespeople out of the mix. The greater majority of people need someone to interpret insurance legalese. Even though these programs are supposed to be idiot proof? When I was able to briefly view options, they were confusing to me. I've learned that if I'm confused, the greater majority of people are as well.

    Insurance salespeople are able to cut through the baloney and compare features. There's a huge assumption being made that people are going to take the time and have the smarts to wade through the exchange and determine what policy is most advantageous for them. That, in my opinion, is a mistake.
    They have people via phone to assist and explain, that aren't expensive middlemen salesmen. So comparing buying insurance online to talking to an individual is disingenuous. Try talking to an individual and then compare.

    As for the OP topic...
    OH, horrors, you mean people who are using on-line forms aren't using them fully and correctly, which may or may not be on purpose (I have no doubt some folks are online just trying to f' with the system so it appears to have even more problems than it does). Gee who'd have figured that people who may never had insurance before, might not get everything perfect the first time out. Even those that had insurance before rarely had choices, being it was whatever the boss decided.
    jallman: "It's all good. At least you have a thick skin and can take being poked fun back at without crying. "

  2. #52
    Pragmatist
    AlabamaPaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 11:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,834

    re: Insurers reportedly receiving faulty data from ObamaCare exchanges [W:143]

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    That is different....But you know that.
    Some posters don't deserve a response because their mind is already made up...
    I don't often change my signature, but this was just too over the top to let anyone forget with what this country is up against...
    Quote Originally Posted by James D Hill View Post
    I am for gay marriage because it ticks off Jesus freaks and social conservatives. Gays are also good voters because the vote for my side so I fight next to them.

  3. #53
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    re: Insurers reportedly receiving faulty data from ObamaCare exchanges [W:143]

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    That is different....But you know that.
    Different than what? Are you unclear about what you are trying to argue?
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  4. #54
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    re: Insurers reportedly receiving faulty data from ObamaCare exchanges [W:143]

    Quote Originally Posted by AlabamaPaul View Post
    Some posters don't deserve a response because their mind is already made up...
    Oh...the irony!

    I suppose next the argument will be that you don't have your mind "made up", that you have not come to some conclusion on a question.

    Pfft.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  5. #55
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,274

    re: Insurers reportedly receiving faulty data from ObamaCare exchanges [W:143]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Different than what? Are you unclear about what you are trying to argue?
    I won't go back to educate you...This argument has been around for three years now, I am sure you are a smart guy, and can follow the logic, when I say look it up.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  6. #56
    Hot Flash Mama
    Summerwind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Last Seen
    01-23-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,010

    re: Insurers reportedly receiving faulty data from ObamaCare exchanges [W:143]

    Quote Originally Posted by AlabamaPaul View Post
    Rights are inherent to the individual, not something another individual is forced to provide to another...
    Then how come others are paying or have paid for your police, your firemen, your roads, your electric grid, your dams, your military, your water system, your street lights, your childrens' schools and parks, ... you didn't provide all that individually. We all pay for the rights of all of us. For some reason though, being healthy has been determined not to be a right, but driving on paved roads is. Go figure.
    jallman: "It's all good. At least you have a thick skin and can take being poked fun back at without crying. "

  7. #57
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    re: Insurers reportedly receiving faulty data from ObamaCare exchanges [W:143]

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    I won't go back to educate you...This argument has been around for three years now, I am sure you are a smart guy, and can follow the logic, when I say look it up.
    You can't even be bothered to flesh out the arguments being made here or to explain what is "different".

    The argument on the right to medical care is much older than "3 years".
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  8. #58
    Pragmatist
    AlabamaPaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 11:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,834

    re: Insurers reportedly receiving faulty data from ObamaCare exchanges [W:143]

    Quote Originally Posted by Summerwind View Post
    Then how come others are paying or have paid for your police, your firemen, your roads, your electric grid, your damns, your military, your water system, your street lights, your childrens' schools and parks, ... you didn't provide all that individually. We all pay for the rights of all of us. For some reason though, being healthy has been determined not to be a right, but driving is. Go figure.
    Do you have a right to any of these examples put forth?
    I don't often change my signature, but this was just too over the top to let anyone forget with what this country is up against...
    Quote Originally Posted by James D Hill View Post
    I am for gay marriage because it ticks off Jesus freaks and social conservatives. Gays are also good voters because the vote for my side so I fight next to them.

  9. #59
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    11-12-13 @ 04:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    433

    re: Insurers reportedly receiving faulty data from ObamaCare exchanges [W:143]

    Quote Originally Posted by AlabamaPaul View Post
    Rights are inherent to the individual, not something another individual is forced to provide to another...
    And you're wrong again. Rights are granted to individuals and if they are not then individuals fight for rights. Or in other words, they fight for rights and force others to grant them rights. In Canada we fought for our right to good and affordable health care but we didn't have to resort to physical force. We forced our politicians to grant us our rights through the political process that is capitalism.

    Americans will do the same some day but first they have to value themselves to the point of understanding that they too deserve affordable health care. At the moment they are under the illusion that your profess that is not understanding that they are worthy.

  10. #60
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    re: Insurers reportedly receiving faulty data from ObamaCare exchanges [W:143]

    Quote Originally Posted by AlabamaPaul View Post
    Do you have a right to any of these examples put forth?
    No but the govt has the power to compel us to pay for those services

    Sort of like the way they have to power to compel us to pay for health insurance

    You were saying?
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •