Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 248

Thread: Insurers reportedly receiving faulty data from ObamaCare exchanges [W:143:248]

  1. #131
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,596

    re: Insurers reportedly receiving faulty data from ObamaCare exchanges [W:143]

    Quote Originally Posted by FederalRepublic View Post
    Sure. We're forcing you to buy something you don't want to buy, and telling you that it's the opposite of a totalitarian state. War is peace. Freedom is slavery. Keep repeating the lines until you believe them.
    and we have no right to tell anyone that they must purchase insurance that they don't want, as long as we're willing to just let them do without.
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  2. #132
    Guru

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:35 PM
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    2,942

    re: Insurers reportedly receiving faulty data from ObamaCare exchanges [W:143]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Straw, i did not say you did More straw, I never claimed you did. more straw.I disagree. I think it is a fundamental mandate for the state to provide for the general welfare of a population, which at base is the right to basic medical care. This does not preclude that caregivers are slaves, anymore than poll workers when providing the operation of a voting site are slaves.

    It is a specious argument meant only to derail.
    As was bringing up poll workers. The existence of poll workers has nothing to do with your rights. Now you want to discuss the issue?

  3. #133
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,343

    re: Insurers reportedly receiving faulty data from ObamaCare exchanges [W:143]

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    Nope

    No one is forced to purchase insurance, either
    Oh? So then what's all the flap about the mandate then?
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  4. #134
    Sage
    Mycroft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    25,899

    re: Insurers reportedly receiving faulty data from ObamaCare exchanges [W:143]

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    and we have no right to tell anyone that they must purchase insurance that they don't want, as long as we're willing to just let them do without.
    But you see, that's the problem.

    Conservatives are perfectly willing to let people make their own choices...knowing they will need to take the responsiblity of actually MAKING choices.

    Liberals, on the other hand are perfectly willing to to have the government make the choices and have the government assume the responsibility.

    And a whole lot of people don't want to make choices OR take responsibility.

    Such is the result in our society of nanny government.
    TANSTAAFL

    “An armed society is a polite society.”
    ― Robert A. Heinlein, Beyond This Horizon

  5. #135
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,596

    re: Insurers reportedly receiving faulty data from ObamaCare exchanges [W:143]

    Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
    But you see, that's the problem.

    Conservatives are perfectly willing to let people make their own choices...knowing they will need to take the responsiblity of actually MAKING choices.

    Liberals, on the other hand are perfectly willing to to have the government make the choices and have the government assume the responsibility.

    And a whole lot of people don't want to make choices OR take responsibility.

    Such is the result in our society of nanny government.
    That is the problem for sure, but nobody is willing to just let people die as a result of their irresponsibility. We wind up paying one way or another, either through taxes or higher rates. Therefore, we should have the right to insist that people provide their own insurance.
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  6. #136
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    re: Insurers reportedly receiving faulty data from ObamaCare exchanges [W:143]

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Oh? So then what's all the flap about the mandate then?
    Poutrage
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  7. #137
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    re: Insurers reportedly receiving faulty data from ObamaCare exchanges [W:143]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    I think it is a fundamental mandate for the state to provide for the general welfare of a population, which at base is the right to basic medical care. This does not preclude that caregivers are slaves, anymore than poll workers when providing the operation of a voting site are slaves.

    It is a specious argument meant only to derail.
    Quote Originally Posted by FederalRepublic View Post
    As was bringing up poll workers. The existence of poll workers has nothing to do with your rights. Now you want to discuss the issue?
    FFS, you lost track of your argument, you started this loop I am trying to close by saying:

    Quote Originally Posted by FederalRepublic View Post
    You can never have a right to a service that someone else provides, unless the providers of the service are slaves. Are you advocating slavery?
    Again, the provider of the service DOES not have to be a slave, the state via the citizens PAYS for the service, whether the service is provided by a poll worker or a medical worker.

    There is no need for "slaves". Rights are not dependent upon "slaves". It is a specious argument.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  8. #138
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,343

    re: Insurers reportedly receiving faulty data from ObamaCare exchanges [W:143]

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    Poutrage
    Not making the connection. You'd need to explain further.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  9. #139
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    re: Insurers reportedly receiving faulty data from ObamaCare exchanges [W:143]

    Quote Originally Posted by FederalRepublic View Post
    Sure. We're forcing you to buy something you don't want to buy, and telling you that it's the opposite of a totalitarian state. War is peace. Freedom is slavery. Keep repeating the lines until you believe them.
    The immaturity of a libertarian argument. You don't "want" it.....until you are lying in your own blood, unconscious.

    Your next argument will be to leave you lying there.....or that you are immortal.

    Try learning sometime before you get yourself in trouble the difference between "want" and "need".

    The kicker is....you don't have to buy it, you can remain as irresponsible as you desire. Your desire is not free....but some have such high levels of paranoia and infantilism as to call this "totalitarianism".
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  10. #140
    Student francois60's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Coral Springs, FL
    Last Seen
    02-12-15 @ 03:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    251

    re: Insurers reportedly receiving faulty data from ObamaCare exchanges [W:143]

    It's not totalitarianism, but it would be if it was actually effective. The individual mandate is unenforceable and will not actually result in everyone buying insurance, or even most people.

    At some point, there is going to be a choice to make: abandon the project or impose draconian penalties for failure to acquire insurance.

Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •