Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 248

Thread: Insurers reportedly receiving faulty data from ObamaCare exchanges [W:143:248]

  1. #111
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    60,111

    re: Insurers reportedly receiving faulty data from ObamaCare exchanges [W:143]

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    And I'm sure they'll be every bit as helpful as my Dept of Motor Vehicles personnel are here in Illinois.
    Well, if you're convinced in the complete absence of any evidence, then I doubt I can say anything that will change your mind
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  2. #112
    Wee Nyeff
    GottaGo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    In the now
    Last Seen
    05-23-17 @ 02:58 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,311

    re: Insurers reportedly receiving faulty data from ObamaCare exchanges [W:143]

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    By one estimate, 36,000 people signed up. Do you think they spoke to 36,000 Navigators? There is nothing like a voice with a face. What is the equivalent of a telemarketer cannot possibly give someone the attention that a person sitting across from them in their living room can give them. Nor do they care.
    I would rather speak with someone face to face also. Fortunately, I have no need to even mess with it.

    But the planned grand scale of things won't allow for it. Navigators is their best hope, I guess.
    Building block or stumbling block.... choose.

  3. #113
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    re: Insurers reportedly receiving faulty data from ObamaCare exchanges [W:143]

    Quote Originally Posted by FederalRepublic View Post
    You don't have a right to have poll workers.
    Straw, i did not say you did
    You don't have a right to have someone pick up your trash.
    More straw, I never claimed you did.
    You don't have a right to have someone bring you food,
    more straw.
    and you don't have a right to be provided with health care.
    I disagree. I think it is a fundamental mandate for the state to provide for the general welfare of a population, which at base is the right to basic medical care. This does not preclude that caregivers are slaves, anymore than poll workers when providing the operation of a voting site are slaves.

    It is a specious argument meant only to derail.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  4. #114
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,244
    Blog Entries
    43

    re: Insurers reportedly receiving faulty data from ObamaCare exchanges [W:143]

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    Well, if you're convinced in the complete absence of any evidence, then I doubt I can say anything that will change your mind
    Don't mean to insult you, Sangha. (But you know that.)

    The only evidence I have is my own impressions of almost every government bureaucrat I've ever had the pleasure to interact with. That would include those on the phones within the Internal Revenue Service (including the Problem Resolution Department), my county so-called experts, business licensing questions, Dept of Motor Vehicles, Dept of Insurance, Depts of Zoning, Senior Services people (for my mom's needs). Hell, even postal employees when it came to Bulk Mail questions. You know, those people who are supposed to have the answers and serve us? Well, it's been my personal experience that even getting one to answer their PHONE is a chore. Perhaps I'm cynical. But I seriously doubt these "Navigators" are much better.

    In my OPINION, they will have a cursory knowledge of the products being offered buttressed by Cliffs Notes. Perhaps if I dealt with them, I would be pleasantly surprised.

    Perhaps I am wrong. Perhaps your experience with Federal/state employees has been pleasantly different.

  5. #115
    Sage
    Mycroft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,917

    re: Insurers reportedly receiving faulty data from ObamaCare exchanges [W:143]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    I think it is a fundamental mandate for the state to provide for the general welfare of a population, which at base is the right to basic medical care.
    What else do you think the people have a right to under the general welfare clause?
    TANSTAAFL

    “An armed society is a polite society.”
    ― Robert A. Heinlein, Beyond This Horizon

  6. #116
    Sage
    Mycroft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,917

    re: Insurers reportedly receiving faulty data from ObamaCare exchanges [W:143]

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    Don't mean to insult you, Sangha. (But you know that.)

    The only evidence I have is my own impressions of almost every government bureaucrat I've ever had the pleasure to interact with. That would include those on the phones within the Internal Revenue Service (including the Problem Resolution Department), my county so-called experts, business licensing questions, Dept of Motor Vehicles, Dept of Insurance, Depts of Zoning, Senior Services people (for my mom's needs). Hell, even postal employees when it came to Bulk Mail questions. You know, those people who are supposed to have the answers and serve us? Well, it's been my personal experience that even getting one to answer their PHONE is a chore. Perhaps I'm cynical. But I seriously doubt these "Navigators" are much better.

    In my OPINION, they will have a cursory knowledge of the products being offered buttressed by Cliffs Notes. Perhaps if I dealt with them, I would be pleasantly surprised.

    Perhaps I am wrong. Perhaps your experience with Federal/state employees has been pleasantly different.
    You won't be pleasantly surprised, in my opinion. I think you'll talk to someone who got an 8 hour class on health insurance plans...and is looking up answers on a flip chart. Kind of like you get when you call some technical service centers about your computer.
    TANSTAAFL

    “An armed society is a polite society.”
    ― Robert A. Heinlein, Beyond This Horizon

  7. #117
    Sage
    Mycroft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,917

    re: Insurers reportedly receiving faulty data from ObamaCare exchanges [W:143]

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    Because the constitution says nothing about passing laws!
    Exactly. I've never said Obamacare is unconstitutional...but I've said repeatedly that it is a bad law.
    TANSTAAFL

    “An armed society is a polite society.”
    ― Robert A. Heinlein, Beyond This Horizon

  8. #118
    Sage
    Mycroft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,917

    re: Insurers reportedly receiving faulty data from ObamaCare exchanges [W:143]

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    I've already posted the Preamble
    Sure you did. But that's all you did. You provided no evidence that it has anything to do with some supposed right to health care.
    TANSTAAFL

    “An armed society is a polite society.”
    ― Robert A. Heinlein, Beyond This Horizon

  9. #119
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    re: Insurers reportedly receiving faulty data from ObamaCare exchanges [W:143]

    Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
    What else do you think the people have a right to under the general welfare clause?
    Oh, I think that in and of itself is enough to debate within this thread.....that is unless one feels the need to divert and distract while using some foreign tongue.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  10. #120
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,773

    re: Insurers reportedly receiving faulty data from ObamaCare exchanges [W:143]

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    No insurance company is being forced to offer coverage in the exchanges
    You're right. It is the other way around....People are being forced into the exchanges.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •