Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
Results 91 to 96 of 96

Thread: House approves bill to end shutdown

  1. #91
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    35,099

    Re: House approves bill to end shutdown

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    we could never have defaulted....
    When you furlough contracted workers you are defaulting on payment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  2. #92
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    35,099

    Re: House approves bill to end shutdown

    Quote Originally Posted by Thrilla View Post
    I think the american people were played... again.

    the math doesn't add up to a default... it never did.
    well, unless the administration were to purposefully default... but i don't think they would do that.
    I think this was just the creating of a bigger showdown had it continued. Basically a battle over piecemeal funding over full funding of the government with the house arguing which programs they wish to fund and which ones they refuse to fund.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  3. #93
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: House approves bill to end shutdown

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    When you furlough contracted workers you are defaulting on payment.
    defaulted on our debt.........meaning...... those we borrow from...china, investors.

    the if the u.s. had defaulted on those lenders....if would be be able to borrow or it would have to pay very high rates to do so.

    however the u.s has enough revenue coming in very month to cover its mandatory spending, also it has the ability to cut its budget, and to sell assets it has...the federal government has billions of dollars worth of property.

  4. #94
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    35,099

    Re: House approves bill to end shutdown

    sooooo glad this shutdown ended. I was sweating bullets. The company where I work sells quite a bit to Los Alamos National Labs which was shutting down on Friday and they resolved this Thursday night.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  5. #95
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    35,099

    Re: House approves bill to end shutdown

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    defaulted on our debt.........meaning...... those we borrow from...china, investors.

    the if the u.s. had defaulted on those lenders....if would be be able to borrow or it would have to pay very high rates to do so.

    however the u.s has enough revenue coming in very month to cover its mandatory spending, also it has the ability to cut its budget, and to sell assets it has...the federal government has billions of dollars worth of property.
    Either way you are supposed to pay your debts. The only point you made is that defaulting on the little guy is just a-ok.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  6. #96
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: House approves bill to end shutdown

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    Either way you are supposed to pay your debts. The only point you made is that defaulting on the little guy is just a-ok.
    what I am saying it the u.s. would not have defaulted, on its debt obligations, thru borrowing.

    which is the fear that was being discussed, because to default on that would mean the endless borrowing the u.s. has been doing would come to an end.

    the u.s. has the ability to cut government and sell billions of dollars of property it holds, to continue operations of government, but those needed, not those for convenience.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •