Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 249

Thread: Patients Pay Before Seeing Doctor as Deductibles Spread

  1. #71
    Hot Flash Mama
    Summerwind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Last Seen
    01-23-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,010

    Re: Patients Pay Before Seeing Doctor as Deductibles Spread

    Quote Originally Posted by sawyerloggingon View Post
    I had a thread on this a while back. My mom and dad both retired from IBM and are losing their old insurance due to Obama care. Her old doc won't accept medicare patients at all and the new one demands they pay the deductible up front and she will soon be on medicare instead of Kaiser. Thanks Obama.
    I don't see how Obama is responsible for you mother being of age to enter Medicare, and it seems that's where your primary beef is. And from I heard, IBM was looking to unload that regardless of Obama care. My ex- is a mainframe guru and was at IBM for decades, they put us in Boise as a matter of fact. Anyway though he is independent-ish now, but even back 10 years ago it was clear enough that IBM was going to try to unload benefits for retired employees that my ex- set up considerable accounts to cover that day. Good thing he did because he needed that savings to buy independent insurance when he went independent. Anyway, you can blame Obamacare, but based on the hearsay I hear, and evidenced by what many other large corps have been doing long before Obamacare (abandoning the promises to retirees), I have no doubt it is simply the scapegoat for you and perhaps even for IBM.
    jallman: "It's all good. At least you have a thick skin and can take being poked fun back at without crying. "

  2. #72
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Where they have FOX on in bars and restaurants
    Last Seen
    09-14-14 @ 02:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,700

    Re: Patients Pay Before Seeing Doctor as Deductibles Spread

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    Am I to assume that the "thanks Obama" comment was poking fun at those who blame everything on Obama? Because IBM has been screwing their employees for over twenty years now.
    They had great insurance through IBM for twenty years, it wasn't until Obama care that IBM and many other companies did this just like the "crazy right wingers" predicted would happen.

  3. #73
    Almost respectable

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    35,013

    Re: Patients Pay Before Seeing Doctor as Deductibles Spread

    Quote Originally Posted by Summerwind View Post
    I don't see how Obama is responsible for you mother being of age to enter Medicare, and it seems that's where your primary beef is. And from I heard, IBM was looking to unload that regardless of Obama care. My ex- is a mainframe guru and was at IBM for decades, they put us in Boise as a matter of fact. Anyway though he is independent-ish now, but even back 10 years ago it was clear enough that IBM was going to try to unload benefits for retired employees that my ex- set up considerable accounts to cover that day. Good thing he did because he needed that savings to buy independent insurance when he went independent. Anyway, you can blame Obamacare, but based on the hearsay I hear, and evidenced by what many other large corps have been doing long before Obamacare (abandoning the promises to retirees), I have no doubt it is simply the scapegoat for you and perhaps even for IBM.
    Twenty years before anyone knew who Obama was IBM was shipping all their jobs to India. So IBM didn't need Obamacare to be awful, all they needed to do was continue to be the horrible assholes that they already are.

  4. #74
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Where they have FOX on in bars and restaurants
    Last Seen
    09-14-14 @ 02:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,700

    Re: Patients Pay Before Seeing Doctor as Deductibles Spread

    Quote Originally Posted by Summerwind View Post
    I don't see how Obama is responsible for you mother being of age to enter Medicare, and it seems that's where your primary beef is. And from I heard, IBM was looking to unload that regardless of Obama care. My ex- is a mainframe guru and was at IBM for decades, they put us in Boise as a matter of fact. Anyway though he is independent-ish now, but even back 10 years ago it was clear enough that IBM was going to try to unload benefits for retired employees that my ex- set up considerable accounts to cover that day. Good thing he did because he needed that savings to buy independent insurance when he went independent. Anyway, you can blame Obamacare, but based on the hearsay I hear, and evidenced by what many other large corps have been doing long before Obamacare (abandoning the promises to retirees), I have no doubt it is simply the scapegoat for you and perhaps even for IBM.
    Just a coincidence that IBM, UPS and others all did this as Obama care comes on line huh.

  5. #75
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    12-08-13 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,114

    Re: Patients Pay Before Seeing Doctor as Deductibles Spread

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    Way too early to say. Arriving at a conclusion right now is moronic.
    and your the type that will take the last bite of a crap sandwich before you declare it taste like crap. are you willing for this train wreck to drive America to its knees before you admit it is a train wreck. how much damage are you willing to ignore? what is it going to take?

  6. #76
    Almost respectable

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    35,013

    Re: Patients Pay Before Seeing Doctor as Deductibles Spread

    Quote Originally Posted by sawyerloggingon View Post
    They had great insurance through IBM for twenty years, it wasn't until Obama care that IBM and many other companies did this just like the "crazy right wingers" predicted would happen.
    They had great insurance (and quite a few other perks) back in the early 80's. After that new management took over IBM and all their employees took it up the ass.

  7. #77
    Guru

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Nevada
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,838

    Re: Patients Pay Before Seeing Doctor as Deductibles Spread

    If you are a middle income family or a young person, you have lost big time. Your purpose in Democrat political life is now to support Mexican immigrants and all of the other dependents who use Obamacare and cannot/refuse to pay for it. Obamacare money will be taken from your family to support the medical care and maintenance of these people, which will buy Democrat votes forever.

  8. #78
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Where they have FOX on in bars and restaurants
    Last Seen
    09-14-14 @ 02:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,700

    Re: Patients Pay Before Seeing Doctor as Deductibles Spread

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    Twenty years before anyone knew who Obama was IBM was shipping all their jobs to India. So IBM didn't need Obamacare to be awful, all they needed to do was continue to be the horrible assholes that they already are.
    My mom and dad both had great careers there and great med retirement benefits until this new "law of the land" called Obama care. Now they have been pushed onto Medicare. Thanks Obama.

  9. #79
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Where they have FOX on in bars and restaurants
    Last Seen
    09-14-14 @ 02:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,700

    Re: Patients Pay Before Seeing Doctor as Deductibles Spread

    Quote Originally Posted by Ray410 View Post
    If you are a middle income family or a young person, you have lost big time. Your purpose in Democrat political life is now to support Mexican immigrants and all of the other dependents who use Obamacare and cannot/refuse to pay for it. Obamacare money will be taken from your family to support the medical care and maintenance of these people, which will buy Democrat votes forever.
    Sadly I think you are correct. This may be the end of any viable Republican party. I think the Dem's have finally won for good.

  10. #80
    Almost respectable

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    35,013

    Re: Patients Pay Before Seeing Doctor as Deductibles Spread

    Quote Originally Posted by sawyerloggingon View Post
    My mom and dad both had great careers there and great med retirement benefits until this new "law of the land" called Obama care. Now they have been pushed onto Medicare. Thanks Obama.
    I hate to tell you this, Sawyer, but your parents weren't the victims of Obama, but of the direction that IBM set in motion a very long time ago.

Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •