Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 53

Thread: Most Exhaustive Compilation of GMO Studies Concludes... Safe... Duh

  1. #41
    Sage
    Sherman123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Northeast US
    Last Seen
    11-23-17 @ 11:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    7,774

    Re: Most Exhaustive Compilation of GMO Studies Concludes... Safe... Duh

    Quote Originally Posted by What if...? View Post
    At least some GMO crops are fertile. Hence that guy who was successfully sued for copyright infringement when his organic farm got contaminated by an adjacent GMO field. And the more recent wheat incident.
    I'm not sure what you mean. At present all commercially available GMO crops can reproduce. Also the case in question was obviously not simple transgenic contamination. They were successful in their suit because he palpably stole the crop and replanted it.

  2. #42
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Seen
    01-03-16 @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,761

    Re: Most Exhaustive Compilation of GMO Studies Concludes... Safe... Duh

    Quote Originally Posted by Sherman123 View Post
    That was a refutation not an agreement.
    Your refutation was addresses before you made it... The seralini study had GMO lobbies refuting the paper within HOURS of it being published, for example.

    You were partly right about the liability protection though... It allows the GMO seeds to be grown even if it's not found to be safe... Until it is found to be safe.

    Funny thing about open air experimentation like this; once they are planted in fields the pandoras box is open regardless of what it contains... And frankly, monsanto owns about 80% of food grown in north America as it is, so that box has already been opened.

    Beyond that, I'm not going into a GMO history lesson and the corruption circuitous way that these products were found to be safe in the first place.

  3. #43
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Seen
    01-03-16 @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,761

    Re: Most Exhaustive Compilation of GMO Studies Concludes... Safe... Duh

    Quote Originally Posted by What if...? View Post
    At least some GMO crops are fertile. Hence that guy who was successfully sued for copyright infringement when his organic farm got contaminated by an adjacent GMO field. And the more recent wheat incident.
    This happened ALOT... I have family whose farm was nearly shut down because of this process.

  4. #44
    Sage
    Sherman123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Northeast US
    Last Seen
    11-23-17 @ 11:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    7,774

    Re: Most Exhaustive Compilation of GMO Studies Concludes... Safe... Duh

    Quote Originally Posted by BmanMcfly View Post
    Your refutation was addresses before you made it... The seralini study had GMO lobbies refuting the paper within HOURS of it being published, for example.

    You were partly right about the liability protection though... It allows the GMO seeds to be grown even if it's not found to be safe... Until it is found to be safe.

    Funny thing about open air experimentation like this; once they are planted in fields the pandoras box is open regardless of what it contains... And frankly, monsanto owns about 80% of food grown in north America as it is, so that box has already been opened.

    Beyond that, I'm not going into a GMO history lesson and the corruption circuitous way that these products were found to be safe in the first place.
    Absolutely none of the things you just said are true. You are doing the same thing you did when you posited scientific evidence for the soul and parapsychology.

  5. #45
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Seen
    01-03-16 @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,761

    Re: Most Exhaustive Compilation of GMO Studies Concludes... Safe... Duh

    Quote Originally Posted by Sherman123 View Post
    I'm not sure what you mean. At present all commercially available GMO crops can reproduce. Also the case in question was obviously not simple transgenic contamination. They were successful in their suit because he palpably stole the crop and replanted it.
    No, that's not the case... They would go around, trespass, take samples, and then sue for the theft.

    Farmers aren't typically scientists and so lacked the knowledge to form a proper defense.

  6. #46
    Hot Flash Mama
    Summerwind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Last Seen
    01-23-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,010

    Re: Most Exhaustive Compilation of GMO Studies Concludes... Safe... Duh

    The thing that bothers me about GMOs is that unlike hybrids, which are similar and created for better taste, better shape, color, whatever, it is intended to improve the basic item with traits.... GMOs seem to be altered in order to be sprayed with chemicals without dying. So my issue is the chemicals it permits rather than the genetic alteration itself.
    jallman: "It's all good. At least you have a thick skin and can take being poked fun back at without crying. "

  7. #47
    Sage
    Sherman123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Northeast US
    Last Seen
    11-23-17 @ 11:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    7,774

    Re: Most Exhaustive Compilation of GMO Studies Concludes... Safe... Duh

    Quote Originally Posted by BmanMcfly View Post
    This happened ALOT... I have family whose farm was nearly shut down because of this process.
    No it doesn't. That isn't true on so many levels.

    Not only are GMO infringement cases incredibly rare they are never for trace amounts of material.

    NPR.org Top Five Myths Of Genetically Modified Seeds, Busted

    Moreover there is a binding injunction against such lawsuits.

    Court To Monsanto: You Said You Won't Sue, So You Can't : The Salt : NPR

  8. #48
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Seen
    01-03-16 @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,761

    Re: Most Exhaustive Compilation of GMO Studies Concludes... Safe... Duh

    Quote Originally Posted by Sherman123 View Post
    No it doesn't. That isn't true on so many levels.

    Not only are GMO infringement cases incredibly rare they are never for trace amounts of material.

    NPR.org Top Five Myths Of Genetically Modified Seeds, Busted

    Moreover there is a binding injunction against such lawsuits.

    Court To Monsanto: You Said You Won't Sue, So You Can't : The Salt : NPR
    Lol... If I was so inclined I could call the family for the court case specifics.

    I'm not going to call you a liar here, but you have clearly been misinformed... Honestly, the more you go on, the more you sound like a Monsanto spokesperson.

  9. #49
    Sage
    Sherman123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Northeast US
    Last Seen
    11-23-17 @ 11:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    7,774

    Re: Most Exhaustive Compilation of GMO Studies Concludes... Safe... Duh

    Quote Originally Posted by BmanMcfly View Post
    Lol... If I was so inclined I could call the family for the court case specifics.

    I'm not going to call you a liar here, but you have clearly been misinformed... Honestly, the more you go on, the more you sound like a Monsanto spokesperson.
    You are a fraud. You do this in every thread you ever involve yourself in. You spin up a personal anecdote and when confronted with evidence you throw out irrelevant nonsense.

  10. #50
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Seen
    01-03-16 @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,761

    Re: Most Exhaustive Compilation of GMO Studies Concludes... Safe... Duh

    Quote Originally Posted by Sherman123 View Post
    You are a fraud. You do this in every thread you ever involve yourself in. You spin up a personal anecdote and when confronted with evidence you throw out irrelevant nonsense.
    Ya, I have far more passion for topics that have / do hit close to home.

    Some stupid NPR article written by someone who gets money directly or indirectly from Monsanto claiming that they are the good guys in all this doesn't change the fact that pollen blows in the wind and lands where it lands "infecting" areas with their "intellectual property".

    The fact is that they have a strong armed approach against small farms... But they also got billions of dollars to spend on all sorts of advertisement to keep their image clean for people who have never seen farm equipment except in pictures.

    When I got more time I'll go and dig up a few more cases of this happening, of course it will never be enough because the people that brought you agent orange could never do anything wrong.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •