Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 71

Thread: Lower 2014 income can net huge health care subsidy

  1. #31
    Professor
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    11-30-13 @ 07:05 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,293

    Re: Lower 2014 income can net huge health care subsidy

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    That would be the fault of stupidity not Obamacare. If someone chooses to make less money instead of maximizing their income while decreasing their taxes *and* qualifying themselves for a subsidy, then they got what they deserve for being morons.
    LOL. Now people are "morons" because Obamadon'tcare forced their employers to cut hours. The "stupidity" is in that law itself.
    "“If we don’t deepen our ports all along the Gulf — places like Charleston, South Carolina; or Savannah, Georgia; or Jacksonville, Florida…” -Obama

  2. #32
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Lower 2014 income can net huge health care subsidy

    Quote Originally Posted by ItAin'tFree View Post
    LOL. Now people are "morons" because Obamadon'tcare forced their employers to cut hours. The "stupidity" is in that law itself.
    The article clearly states that it's the couple who can choose to work less hours, not the employer.

    Try to address the point that was actually made instead of ranting
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  3. #33
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    01-22-17 @ 09:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    4,136

    Re: Lower 2014 income can net huge health care subsidy

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    That's not true either. Ever work with the Amish? Very socialistic, and full of hard workers. There are a lot of myths about all forms of government. But much depends on the who, the where, the why and how it was done. Such overarching statements as the one you made are simply not factually correct.
    You mean the group that still gets around like its Salem, 1692? Yeah, because that's the perfect example of not believing in holding society back.

  4. #34
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    01-22-17 @ 09:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    4,136

    Re: Lower 2014 income can net huge health care subsidy

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    You're changing your own words. Can't blame you for that. Your own words were stupid

    But here's what you said:


    Note how your words say nothing about forced equality
    Forced equality is socialism.
    Forced inequality is fascism.
    True capitalism is force-less.

    Hope that clears things up for you.

  5. #35
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,323

    Re: Lower 2014 income can net huge health care subsidy

    Quote Originally Posted by ReformCollege View Post
    The point was abundantly clear.
    For God's sake, it's for the children!!!!
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  6. #36
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,323

    Re: Lower 2014 income can net huge health care subsidy

    Quote Originally Posted by ReformCollege View Post
    Forced equality is socialism.
    Forced inequality is fascism.
    True capitalism is force-less.

    Hope that clears things up for you.
    You have generally two types of government....democratic/republican (citizens control their lives) based or totalitarian (govt controls your life). In order to facilitate the above types you must have a totalitarian regime. Show me where this hasn't happened. The Left wants to control every aspect of your life, and will have to take draconian measures eventually to get there. Even the current generation of liberals don't see it yet. It will take more time. They think that people will voluntarily give up their more fundamental freedoms. The piecemeal approach is occuring now, but I don't think it will be far down the road that increasingly draconian measure will ensue, unless people fight it. I doubt seriously that the Left will stop at the European model. Once achieved they will find a reason to go further. The fighting in Congress is an example of the fighting going on to stop the march of social justice based on guaranted equal outcome.

    Equal opportunity has long been abandoned by the Left, who saw that it existed but was not pursued by enough to satisfy them. By eliminating personal responsibility for life, for guaranteed equal outcome, they think that they will achieve their concept of social justice. I believe they will ultimately fail because like communism (or any other equal outcome based approach), if fails due to human nature.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  7. #37
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Lower 2014 income can net huge health care subsidy

    Quote Originally Posted by ReformCollege View Post
    You mean the group that still gets around like its Salem, 1692? Yeah, because that's the perfect example of not believing in holding society back.
    They are the purest practicing form of socialism. But don't skip the point just to make fun of a group.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  8. #38
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    01-22-17 @ 09:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    4,136

    Re: Lower 2014 income can net huge health care subsidy

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    They are the purest practicing form of socialism. But don't skip the point just to make fun of a group.
    You're the one skipping the point. Pure socialism means holding society back, which they do practice. Your example proved my original point exactly.

  9. #39
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    01-22-17 @ 09:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    4,136

    Re: Lower 2014 income can net huge health care subsidy

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    You have generally two types of government....democratic/republican (citizens control their lives) based or totalitarian (govt controls your life). In order to facilitate the above types you must have a totalitarian regime. Show me where this hasn't happened. The Left wants to control every aspect of your life, and will have to take draconian measures eventually to get there. Even the current generation of liberals don't see it yet. It will take more time. They think that people will voluntarily give up their more fundamental freedoms. The piecemeal approach is occuring now, but I don't think it will be far down the road that increasingly draconian measure will ensue, unless people fight it. I doubt seriously that the Left will stop at the European model. Once achieved they will find a reason to go further. The fighting in Congress is an example of the fighting going on to stop the march of social justice based on guaranted equal outcome.

    Equal opportunity has long been abandoned by the Left, who saw that it existed but was not pursued by enough to satisfy them. By eliminating personal responsibility for life, for guaranteed equal outcome, they think that they will achieve their concept of social justice. I believe they will ultimately fail because like communism (or any other equal outcome based approach), if fails due to human nature.
    You're preaching to the choir my friend.

  10. #40
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    01-22-17 @ 09:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    4,136

    Re: Lower 2014 income can net huge health care subsidy

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    The article clearly states that it's the couple who can choose to work less hours, not the employer.

    Try to address the point that was actually made instead of ranting
    Reducing income by a few hundred dollars to get thousands more in subsidies isn't some stupid choice being made by individuals. Its the incentives laid out by the structure of the law.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •