Page 69 of 123 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179119 ... LastLast
Results 681 to 690 of 1226

Thread: Cruz, Palin join protesters at WWII Memorial[W:793:1010:1190]

  1. #681
    Sage



    Join Date
    May 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,257

    Re: Cruz, Palin join protesters at WWII Memorial

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain America View Post
    I agree 100% we should cut a LOT of fat out of government expenditures. It is out of hand and off the hook.

    But what I find puzzling is that some prefer to take the food out of babies mouths, cut education and/or infrastructure before we cut-off aid to foreign countries that aren't worth pissing on or closing tax loopholes (or outright hard-cash subsidies,) to some of the most profitable industries in the country.

    I think we all agree that the spending needs to be cut. It's WHERE we cut that has the people divided.
    You hit the nail on the head.

    Hell, just look at Eisenhower's predictions on the Military Industrial Complex.

  2. #682
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    11-12-13 @ 04:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    433

    Re: Cruz, Palin join protesters at WWII Memorial

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain America View Post
    I have always got a kick when the Obama hater's cry "Obama's trying to redistribute the wealth." When all they would have to do is take 5 minutes of study to learn that "wealth redistribution" has been taking place for well over 30 years, before we ever heard of Obama, with the wealth being redistributed from the lower and middle classes to the rich. I suppose, in their mind's, that kind of "wealth redistribution," is just fine and dandy. But any attempt to funnel the money back to the lower and middle classes is just pure blasphemy. Fools. All of them.
    It's encouraging to hear at least one American who has clued into the truth. And in fact there may be more but sadly there appears to be too few. Your post is right on the money and the facts in your country should be telling everybody that by now.

    Perhaps when Obama is finished his second term things will improve as the tea baggers don't have a black man to hate anymore. That's really what most of the trouble is all about and when it's gone so too will be Cruz's support. He depends on it to support his agenda of negativism and hate.

  3. #683
    Professor
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    11-30-13 @ 07:05 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,293

    Re: Cruz, Palin join protesters at WWII Memorial

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain America View Post
    I have always got a kick when the Obama hater's cry "Obama's trying to redistribute the wealth." When all they would have to do is take 5 minutes of study to learn that "wealth redistribution" has been taking place for well over 30 years, before we ever heard of Obama, with the wealth being redistributed from the lower and middle classes to the rich. I suppose, in their mind's, that kind of "wealth redistribution," is just fine and dandy. But any attempt to funnel the money back to the lower and middle classes is just pure blasphemy. Fools. All of them.
    Did you get a kick out of Obama when he said he wanted to redistribute the wealth in America? He's made attempts to do just that with predicable, horrible results. The income gap has risen to record levels under his leadership and will only get worse under his leadership.
    "“If we don’t deepen our ports all along the Gulf — places like Charleston, South Carolina; or Savannah, Georgia; or Jacksonville, Florida…” -Obama

  4. #684
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Cruz, Palin join protesters at WWII Memorial

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael66 View Post
    All you're really doing is advocating the stripping away of what remains in your country of socially responsible capitalism. Do you really think America can afford to go further in that direction now when your country has declined down the ranks of rich countries to near the bottom in nearly all respects?

    Your country's income inequality is second worst in the entire world. Doesn't that tell you what your push really should be? Do you want to make it worse and force America further down the list?
    No, actually what I am doing is returning the country to the vision our Founders had where social responsibility rests with the individual and the safety net at the state and local level where it belongs. Please tell me what a federal bureaucrat in D.C. knows about a social problem in your area or how to solve it?

    Income inequality in this country is a problem with the individual and isn't something a free society legislates. What is preventing you and others from getting a piece of that pie? The pie isn't finite, it continues to grow. When someone gets richer that doesn't mean someone else gets poorer. It is all up to you to be what you are capable of being. I quite frankly don't care what someone else makes or pays in taxes, why do you? The country was built on equal opportunity not equal outcome.

  5. #685
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Cruz, Palin join protesters at WWII Memorial

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Yes, apparently I do....
    FFS, you completely, totally ignored the fact that Lew had been warning Congress that the Treasury was heading towards a state of cash shortage.

    You did not read what you wrote, you did not read my response, you did not read the letter from Lew.
    You just had a complete breakdown of how to operate on a forum.

    Yesterday you claimed I was a paid Democratic operative. I think today you proved you are a piece of software.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  6. #686
    Jedi Master
    Captain America's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,671

    Re: Cruz, Palin join protesters at WWII Memorial

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    No, actually what I am doing is returning the country to the vision our Founders had where social responsibility rests with the individual and the safety net at the state and local level where it belongs. Please tell me what a federal bureaucrat in D.C. knows about a social problem in your area or how to solve it?

    Income inequality in this country is a problem with the individual and isn't something a free society legislates. What is preventing you and others from getting a piece of that pie? The pie isn't finite, it continues to grow. When someone gets richer that doesn't mean someone else gets poorer. It is all up to you to be what you are capable of being. I quite frankly don't care what someone else makes or pays in taxes, why do you? The country was built on equal opportunity not equal outcome.
    Now THERE'S some old school conservatism! DOUBLE-LIKE!

    Not a mention of gays, liberals, blacks or Mexicans.

    Stick with that brother!

    It's GREAT to be me. --- "45% liberal/55% conservative"
    Diplomacy is the art of saying 'nice doggy" until you can find a gun.

  7. #687
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Cruz, Palin join protesters at WWII Memorial

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    No, actually what I am doing is returning the country to the vision our Founders had...
    Wow.....all hail!
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  8. #688
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    11-12-13 @ 04:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    433

    Re: Cruz, Palin join protesters at WWII Memorial

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    No, actually what I am doing is returning the country to the vision our Founders had where social responsibility rests with the individual and the safety net at the state and local level where it belongs. Please tell me what a federal bureaucrat in D.C. knows about a social problem in your area or how to solve it?

    Income inequality in this country is a problem with the individual and isn't something a free society legislates. What is preventing you and others from getting a piece of that pie? The pie isn't finite, it continues to grow. When someone gets richer that doesn't mean someone else gets poorer. It is all up to you to be what you are capable of being. I quite frankly don't care what someone else makes or pays in taxes, why do you? The country was built on equal opportunity not equal outcome.
    The reason why people need to worry about what others are paying in taxes is because taxes need to be paid in order for a country to function. In your country your income inequality clearly points at the fact that the wealthy aren't paying their fair share.

    My bureaucrats are not in Washington. I'm a Canadian who is living under a system that works. Your system is not working. Your solution of somehow bringing back equal opportunity lacks specificity and substance. It's nothing more than parroting the agenda of the wealthy that has 9/10's of your country snookered into giving up their piece of the pie.

    Yes, I understand that your fellow Americans who are doing without are not important to you. You regard them as freeloaders.

  9. #689
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    11-12-13 @ 04:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    433

    Re: Cruz, Palin join protesters at WWII Memorial

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain America View Post
    Now THERE'S some old school conservatism! DOUBLE-LIKE!

    Not a mention of gays, liberals, blacks or Mexicans.

    Stick with that brother!
    The country may have been built on equal opportunity but it's surely not been continued that way. Government has been interfered with by lobby groups to the extent that all the wealth has been transferred into the hands of the wealthy. Supporting the agendas of the wealthy and the tea baggers is doing nothing but ensuring that doesn't change.

    It's just amazing how so many ordinary people are supportive of the bagger agenda and working against their own best interests. Obama hate has to be the biggest problem and that won't disappear until Obama does. When that happens the bagger agenda will be defused completely I predict.

    This could happen as early as when there is a prospect of a new president. Perhaps when the presidential campaigns get in full swing. The baggers and their supporters will be left with nothing to hate anymore and that will turn them into ordinary people who can understand that they need to improve their lot in life. It doesn't take much intelligence to figure out how, and that won't involve supporting the agenda of the Koch brothers!!

  10. #690
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,274

    Re: Cruz, Palin join protesters at WWII Memorial

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain America View Post
    I agree 100% we should cut a LOT of fat out of government expenditures. It is out of hand and off the hook.
    I am glad we can find at least something to agree about....It is a start.

    But...
    Ah, there it is....Always a 'but'...

    ...what I find puzzling is that some prefer to take the food out of babies mouths, cut education and/or infrastructure before we cut-off aid to foreign countries that aren't worth pissing on or closing tax loopholes (or outright hard-cash subsidies,) to some of the most profitable industries in the country.
    Straight to the talking point mischaracterizations eh? No one want's to "take food out of babies mouths"....That is a horribly unfair go to when ever liberals perceive the slightest cut to the out of control entitlement society. Nor, do we want to cut education, or infrastructure. Education should be a local entity, and infrastructure is constitutionally mandated. As for aid to foreign countries, I say go for it, but it is a microscopically small part of the overall budget. As for subsidies, there could be a fair conversation, but to throw it out there like you did, many jump on it as anti corporate babble.

    I think we all agree that the spending needs to be cut. It's WHERE we cut that has the people divided.
    Well, everyone has their own sacred cow, the trick is to get back to the basics, and go from there.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •