Page 57 of 123 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967107 ... LastLast
Results 561 to 570 of 1226

Thread: Cruz, Palin join protesters at WWII Memorial[W:793:1010:1190]

  1. #561
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,961
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Vets take down barricades in Washington

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    It's not misogynistic to think Michele Bachmann is insane. That's just people with a grasp on reality.

    I challenge you now to say something nice about Hillary Clinton. If you criticize her, you're a sexist. See how stupid that sounds?
    Hillary has had a sound, if unremarkable, career. The left's relentless attacks on women and African Americans who stray from liberal orthodoxy forms a pattern of special animus.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  2. #562
    Sage
    Crosscheck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:29 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,485

    Re: Vets take down barricades in Washington

    Quote Originally Posted by Blue_State View Post
    Veteran's come from many different parties. By the politicians showing up, it makes a statement for all the veterans. A statement they may or may not agree with. They are there to protest the closing of the memorials, not assign blame to one party or another.

    In my opinion, the politicians showing up cheapened what the vets were trying to do.
    The vets don't need a politician yapping their mouth for the photo op. I think the event would have made more of a statement if a WWII vet got up to speak to the news media. We don't need a Hollywood celeb or a attention starved politician speaking for the vets.

  3. #563
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Vets take down barricades in Washington

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Palin never gets attacked on her policies because she doesn't have any. She has catchphrases. "Smaller government, less spending, socialism bad!" Those aren't policies.

    Bachmann gets attacked as a human being because she's nuts.
    No, they'll get attacked because they are women who dare to be Republican, just as Republican Blacks are attacked.

    Leftists claim to be supportive of woman and Blacks but only as an electoral base, and will bribe both with public money in order to maintain that base. Of course claiming that there is a War on Women, or that Republicans are racist, is their single most important strategy - and the poorly informed buy into it..

    Blacks and women are their base so they can't have either stray far from the plantation. That's why leftists attack any of their base who tries to break free from it.

  4. #564
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,191

    Re: Vets take down barricades in Washington

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    No, they'll get attacked because they are women who dare to be Republican, just as Republican Blacks are attacked.

    Leftists claim to be supportive of woman and Blacks but only as an electoral base, and will bribe both with public money in order to maintain that base. Of course claiming that there is a War on Women, or that Republicans are racist, is their single most important strategy - and the poorly informed buy into it..

    Blacks and women are their base so they can't have either stray far from the plantation. That's why leftists attack any of their base who tries to break free from it.
    Because Cons are SO nice to women who are Democrats. I can't tell you how many times they've said "Wow, that Nancy Pelosi is great" or "Barbara Boxer is a wonderful Senator."

    This charge is as idiotic as the "Critcize Obama = racism" charge. Congratulations, you rank right up there in the pantheon with a whole bunch of Liberals.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  5. #565
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,343

    Re: Vets take down barricades in Washington

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    Because Cons are SO nice to women who are Democrats. I can't tell you how many times they've said "Wow, that Nancy Pelosi is great" or "Barbara Boxer is a wonderful Senator."

    This charge is as idiotic as the "Critcize Obama = racism" charge. Congratulations, you rank right up there in the pantheon with a whole bunch of Liberals.
    False equivalency.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  6. #566
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Vets take down barricades in Washington

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    Because Cons are SO nice to women who are Democrats. I can't tell you how many times they've said "Wow, that Nancy Pelosi is great" or "Barbara Boxer is a wonderful Senator."

    This charge is as idiotic as the "Critcize Obama = racism" charge. Congratulations, you rank right up there in the pantheon with a whole bunch of Liberals.
    Both have been attacked for their policies, or saying lawmakers must pass a bill before they can read it, and for which the country is still suffering today. Barbara Boxer receives less criticism than Pelosi and rightly so it seems. But those criticisms tend to be against their policies, not generalizations.

  7. #567
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,191

    Re: Vets take down barricades in Washington

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    False equivalency.
    Do you not get that it's partisan? The reason the left doesn't like women and blacks who are Republicans is in the second part of the equation, not the first. They don't really like white men who are Republicans either. A reasonable conclusion would be that they don't like Republicans, but that's apparently above the heads of some.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  8. #568
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,343

    Re: Vets take down barricades in Washington

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    Do you not get that it's partisan? The reason the left doesn't like women and blacks who are Republicans is in the second part of the equation, not the first. They don't really like white men who are Republicans either. A reasonable conclusion would be that they don't like Republicans, but that's apparently above the heads of some.
    However, that wasn't what you said, but I see your point..
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  9. #569
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Vets take down barricades in Washington

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    False equivalency.
    Sure, it is but Liberals go with their feelings and use a different part of their brain than conservatives. They can't help it. They must protect their beliefs no matter how spurious they might be. They often, but not always, grow out of it as their brain matures.

  10. #570
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Vets take down barricades in Washington

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    Do you not get that it's partisan? The reason the left doesn't like women and blacks who are Republicans is in the second part of the equation, not the first. They don't really like white men who are Republicans either. A reasonable conclusion would be that they don't like Republicans, but that's apparently above the heads of some.
    They only like and accept people of their own tribe and if you reject the tribe it is personal, not political. Is that pretty much it?

    That would explain part of it but not the venom directed at those who might hold different political positions. It's almost feral sometimes.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •