Page 38 of 123 FirstFirst ... 2836373839404888 ... LastLast
Results 371 to 380 of 1226

Thread: Cruz, Palin join protesters at WWII Memorial[W:793:1010:1190]

  1. #371
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Cruz, Palin join protesters at WWII Memorial

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    The challenge was to produce a Boehner quote. No Boehner quote was provided.
    As stated in the video, Bohner in a caucus meeting was promoting the tactic of shutdown.

    PS...not going to defend the Collin's bill in your thread?
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  2. #372
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,725
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Cruz, Palin join protesters at WWII Memorial

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    As stated in the video, Bohner in a caucus meeting was promoting the tactic of shutdown.

    PS...not going to defend the Collin's bill in your thread?
    The challenge was to produce a Boehner quote. No quote was provided. Fail.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  3. #373
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Cruz, Palin join protesters at WWII Memorial

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Then do some research and find out what the 2011 debt negotiations and commitments were.
    I remember more of the '11 debt default debate than you do, but the point was that you think being a deadbeat is "financial responsible". Until you see the error of your argument, there is not much point in going forward.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  4. #374
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Cruz, Palin join protesters at WWII Memorial

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    A shutdown of the Govt. wouldn't happen if the Democrats negotiated, the House did its job and Republicans won because of their stance on Obamacare and fiscal responsibility something you apparently don't understand
    We don't negotiate with terrorists holding the credit of the US hostage.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  5. #375
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,725
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Cruz, Palin join protesters at WWII Memorial

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    As stated in the video, Bohner in a caucus meeting was promoting the tactic of shutdown.

    PS...not going to defend the Collin's bill in your thread?
    When the Dems put the Collins bill to a vote, we'll see.

    "Republicans would support a continuing resolution that funds the government for six months at the “sequester” levels of the Budget Control Act of 2011, which was produced by that year’s debt-ceiling negotiations. Republicans would also support raising the debt ceiling to enable the government to borrow enough to finance the substantial deficit spending involved in even sequester-level spending. (The sequester’s supposed severity does not come close to balancing the budget.) Republicans also would grant agencies greater flexibility in administering the sequester’s cuts.





    In exchange, Collins asked for only two things. First, a mere delay, and for just two years, of Obamacare’s medical-device tax, which is so “stupid” — Sen. Harry Reid’s characterization — that bipartisan majorities in both houses of Congress favor outright repeal. Second, enforcement of income-verification criteria for those seeking Obamacare’s insurance subsidies — criteria the administration wrote but waived."
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  6. #376
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Cruz, Palin join protesters at WWII Memorial

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    When the Dems put the Collins bill to a vote, we'll see.
    I just knew you would do this.....you can't respond IN YOUR OWN THREAD TO CHALLENGES THERE>>>>YOU DO IT IN A DIFFERENT THREAD!

    FFS Jack, stop derailing in one thread and ignoring YOUR OWN THREAD.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  7. #377
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Colorado mountains
    Last Seen
    01-03-15 @ 08:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,729

    Re: Cruz, Palin join protesters at WWII Memorial

    Quote Originally Posted by BmanMcfly View Post
    Wait... "not rul(ing) out a government shutdown" is now a threat?
    When one holds the power of implementing what is threatened ...Yes.

  8. #378
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    36,762

    Re: Cruz, Palin join protesters at WWII Memorial

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    When the Dems put the Collins bill to a vote, we'll see.
    What difference does it make when the grown-ups clean up the House mess when the House votes for their colloidal CR and then skips town before Thursday..
    See ya, wouldn't want . . .
    Physics is Phun

  9. #379
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    36,762

    Re: Cruz, Palin join protesters at WWII Memorial

    Another one catches on..
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    I just knew you would do this.....you can't respond IN YOUR OWN THREAD TO CHALLENGES THERE>>>>YOU DO IT IN A DIFFERENT THREAD!

    FFS Jack, stop derailing in one thread and ignoring YOUR OWN THREAD.
    Physics is Phun

  10. #380
    Educator

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Kingdom of Nigh
    Last Seen
    10-13-17 @ 11:25 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,152

    Re: Cruz, Palin join protesters at WWII Memorial

    Quote Originally Posted by upsideguy View Post
    The Cons shut down the government; the administration of the government then has to decide priority of use of very limited funds; the CONS must accept and bear responsibility for the CONSequences, which they never do.
    The "Cons" as you put it have have passed several several budget resolutions, a lot of which do not have any strings attached at all...Harry Reid wont let the bills be voted on in the Senate.

    The Dems in the House filed a "Cancellation Petition" which if passed by the majority would have brought forth a "clean" budget resolution to the floor for a vote.

    You would think that if the claimed majority want a clean resolution passed then the cancellation petition would have passed...it didnt. So there goes the claim that a clean bill would pass the House. Even some Dems in the House are siding with the "Cons" in this fight.

    And as far as your comment; "the administration of the government then has to decide priority of use of very limited funds"
    Doesnt it cost MORE of those very limited funds to bring barricades in, pay people to erect those barricades, pay someone to stand guard over those barricades...when no one ever did this before when it was opened...

    Doesnt it cost MORE of those very limited funds to close portions of a highway on a mountain side to stop people from viewing a monument - miles away from the monument?

    Really? You are actually trying to defend this "closings" of monuments horse squeeze AND blame this on Repubs.
    Know the truth and the truth will make you mad, because the truth has no agenda.

Page 38 of 123 FirstFirst ... 2836373839404888 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •