Page 120 of 123 FirstFirst ... 2070110118119120121122 ... LastLast
Results 1,191 to 1,200 of 1226

Thread: Cruz, Palin join protesters at WWII Memorial[W:793:1010:1190]

  1. #1191
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,755
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Cruz, Palin join protesters at WWII Memorial

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael66 View Post
    You can wiggle all around the fact that you have admitted that there are racists amongst the baggers Jack, but I'm quite satisfied that I and others on this board have established that you're one of them.

    The only question remaining is why you would want to hide it? But that's not uncommon for a lot of people who are baggers and are ashamed of being so.

    Undoubtedly you will continue to strengthen that belief among others as you have been notorious for doing on this board.
    I have no political affiliation of any kind, and in fact I believe that TP excesses have hurt the Repubs, especially in candidate selection. I'm completely indifferent to what you and others believe you have established. It has become clear to me that unexamined assumptions and unsupported conclusions form the basis of most of your posts.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  2. #1192
    Pragmatic Idealist
    upsideguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Rocky Mtn. High
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,067

    Re: Cruz, Palin join protesters at WWII Memorial

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    In fact Sarah Palin was a leader and had a very high approval rating among the electorate. Who did Barry Obama ever lead? What administration experience did he have? What corruption has he ever exposed?
    4 out of 5 moose approve of Sarah Palin...




    ... as if she ever made a serious decision in her 1+ years in 'state' government......Most people have no problem with their park ranger.

    Sorry, serious people do not take this woman seriously....
    Last edited by upsideguy; 10-23-13 at 07:00 PM.

  3. #1193
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,755
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Cruz, Palin join protesters at WWII Memorial

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    By all means Jack, show how the authors personal preferences influenced not only the research but the conclusion.

    You are becoming famous here for your seeds of doubt argument.



    Um, in and of itself, baggerism is extremely reactionary and the rise and influence of social conservatives has molded it into a more racist organization. A person can try to argue (falsely) what it was, but sadly for your argument, the movement is going South, literally and figuratively.
    What you describe as a "seeds of doubt argument" is only a commitment to precision and accuracy.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  4. #1194
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Cruz, Palin join protesters at WWII Memorial

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    What you describe as a "seeds of doubt argument" is only a commitment to precision and accuracy.
    Your imprecise language continues unabated, you were providing doubt on others precision without evidence to the contrary.

    Let me know when you have anything of substance to counter the study provided (this is the second request to prove your doubts).
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  5. #1195
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,250

    Re: Cruz, Palin join protesters at WWII Memorial

    Quote Originally Posted by upsideguy View Post
    4 out of 5 moose approve of Sarah Palin...




    ... as if she ever made a serious decision in her 1+ years in 'state' government......Most people have no problem with their park ranger.

    Sorry, serious people do not take this woman seriously....
    Seriously, this is the issue that a business person like you wants to discuss? Amazing, we have a 17 trillion dollar debt, 22 million unemployed/under employed/discouraged workers, stagnant economic growth, a disastrous Obamacare rollout, massive dependence on the federal govt., and the best you can do is attack a former governor that isn't running for office and one who wasn't running for President yet had more experience than the guy you voted for and a better record?

  6. #1196
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Cruz, Palin join protesters at WWII Memorial

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    I'm completely indifferent to what you and others believe you have established. It has become clear to me that unexamined assumptions and unsupported conclusions form the basis of most of your posts.
    A lie...followed by complete irony.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  7. #1197
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Cruz, Palin join protesters at WWII Memorial

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Your imprecise language continues unabated, you were providing doubt on others precision without evidence to the contrary.

    Let me know when you have anything of substance to counter the study provided (this is the second request to prove your doubts).

    Just where was the methodology of this so called "study"? I looked and from what I read, it looked like 4 academics writing a conclusion based fantasy. Quite the smear job.

    Remember, these are the hacks teaching your kids.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  8. #1198
    Pragmatic Idealist
    upsideguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Rocky Mtn. High
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,067

    Re: Cruz, Palin join protesters at WWII Memorial

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Seriously, this is the issue that a business person like you wants to discuss? Amazing, we have a 17 trillion dollar debt, 22 million unemployed/under employed/discouraged workers, stagnant economic growth, a disastrous Obamacare rollout, massive dependence on the federal govt., and the best you can do is attack a former governor that isn't running for office and one who wasn't running for President yet had more experience than the guy you voted for and a better record?
    You were the one that boasted of Sarah's leadership. I take your changing the subject as admitting that she is a lightweight. You are smart guy, you know that to be true.

    But, we are back to your stating of other events: Disastrous rollout? The federal website does not work correctly. Embarrassing, yes. Disastrous, hardly. In the states that used their time to figure out how to make the PPACA work, the roll-out is going quite well, thank you. Those states that worked to sabotage the plan; well, those states can be proud.... just as the conservative caucus can be proud of the slow recovery as they have worked so hard to sabotage it every step of the way.... and you should be proud of your party, since you, like most conservatives, show now affirmation of being proud of your f country.

    Massive dependence on the government? Seriously? Our social safety is pathetically thin. Not too many that can survive on government hand-outs much less be dependent on it.

  9. #1199
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Cruz, Palin join protesters at WWII Memorial

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Just where was the methodology of this so called "study"? I looked and from what I read, it looked like 4 academics writing a conclusion based fantasy. Quite the smear job.

    Remember, these are the hacks teaching your kids.
    Seriously, you went to the link and could not find the "methods" section? That's sad!

    Here comes the airplane....open wide....!

    PLOS ONE: Race, Ideology, and the Tea Party: A Longitudinal Study
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  10. #1200
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,250

    Re: Cruz, Palin join protesters at WWII Memorial

    upsideguy;1062459846]You were the one that boasted of Sarah's leadership. I take your changing the subject as admitting that she is a lightweight. You are smart guy, you know that to be true.
    What I posted was factual, she was a Governor with executive responsibilities something that Obama never had. What I know is you said you didn't vote for Obama in 08 but after seeing his results in 2012 did. I wouldn't call that good judgment or responding well to the results. You re-elected a community agitator who is good at one thing and one thing only, campaigning.

    But, we are back to your stating of other events: Disastrous rollout? The federal website does not work correctly. Embarrassing, yes. Disastrous, hardly. In the states that used their time to figure out how to make the PPACA work, the roll-out is going quite well, thank you. Those states that worked to sabotage the plan; well, those states can be proud.... just as the conservative caucus can be proud of the slow recovery as they have worked so hard to sabotage it every step of the way.... and you should be proud of your party, since you, like most conservatives, show now affirmation of being proud of your f country.
    So apparently you have a different definition of disastrous than I do. I would think having 3 years to prepare for the rollout and having a website that doesn't work being disastrous. You and others keep pointing to states making the PPACA work then why do we need a Federal Program? You claim the rollout is going well, by what standards? How many have enrolled? not how many have been curious and logged on. Apparently you know more than the govt. is letting us know. Do you honestly think that this Administration that takes credit for everything wouldn't be touting successes if there were any?

    It isn't my party but I am proud of Cruz for what he tried to do, educate the American people. Some are incapable of being educated however. I don't know what it takes to get people like you to admit you are wrong because obviously the terrible economic results and the rollout failures aren't going to do it. That means you and I have absolutely nothing in common because for me results matter. Nice rant though, because I point out the failures and economic results I am not proud of my country. I am not proud of what Obama is doing to our country nor should any American.

    Massive dependence on the government? Seriously? Our social safety is pathetically thin. Not too many that can survive on government hand-outs much less be dependent on it.
    Not sure where you get your information but there are 48 million on food stamps, over 100 million dependent on some form of taxpayer assistance and you don't call that massive dependence? What in your world then is massive dependence and don't you see that as a problem? Not sure what information you get in your area but it seems to be very poor and biased.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •