Page 116 of 123 FirstFirst ... 1666106114115116117118 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,160 of 1226

Thread: Cruz, Palin join protesters at WWII Memorial[W:793:1010:1190]

  1. #1151
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:53 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,735
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Cruz, Palin join protesters at WWII Memorial

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    You have no idea what the argument was.

    The argument was:



    Which I argue is false. The bagger ideology is RWA which is inherently racist. Baggerism is extremely reactionary. Most bagger groups have slowly abandoned their libertarian roots and have become more socially conservative, focusing more and more on "traditional values":




    Conclusion

    The present paper examined possible causes and consequences of identification with the Tea Party movement. We measured longitudinal change in Tea Party identification and an array of constructs relevant to three approaches to the relationship between racial thinking and political judgment–namely, the outgroup-focused, ingroup-focused, and ideological perspectives.

    Broadly, the data support claims that the Tea Party is–for some White supporters, at least–a racially motivated movement. Anti-Black sentiment was associated with Tea Party identification across time points. This relationship, however, appeared to be masked by assertions of national decline and the embrace of libertarian ideology.

    The findings also suggest that identification with the Tea Party movement is related to racial identity, but not in the manner suggested by traditional models of racialized politics. Rather than causing affiliation with the Tea Party, White identity appears to be a product of immersion in the movement [41]. This phenomenon, which we term political racialization, merits further study to reveal the precise mechanisms by which identification with a political movement can shape racial attitudes and identities.

    Our findings concerning libertarianism and social conservatism shed light on the ideological dynamics of the Tea Party movement during an important time in its history. Although support for the Tea Party movement tended to fall over the study period–from June 2010 to April-May 2011–the movement retained greater appeal for social conservatives than for libertarians. Thus, it may be that Republican attempts to exploit enthusiasm for the Tea Party succeeded in shifting the movement (in popular perception, at least) from economic to culturally conservative themes.
    PLOS ONE: Race, Ideology, and the Tea Party: A Longitudinal Study


    The argument was not whether there are racist elements within Democrats, the argument was whether the bagger ideology contains racist elements.

    It does.
    It's an interesting research product, although I suspect the authors found the conclusions very congenial. The fact remains that despite agglomerations of non-TP elements over time (probably attracted by TP success) TP ideology per se remains colorblind.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  2. #1152
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Cruz, Palin join protesters at WWII Memorial

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    Hmmm. What political ideology does Jennifer Rubin ascribe too?
    Who cares?

  3. #1153
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Cruz, Palin join protesters at WWII Memorial

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    It's an interesting research product, although I suspect the authors found the conclusions very congenial.
    By all means Jack, show how the authors personal preferences influenced not only the research but the conclusion.

    You are becoming famous here for your seeds of doubt argument.



    The fact remains that despite agglomerations of non-TP elements over time (probably attracted by TP success) TP ideology per se remains colorblind.
    Um, in and of itself, baggerism is extremely reactionary and the rise and influence of social conservatives has molded it into a more racist organization. A person can try to argue (falsely) what it was, but sadly for your argument, the movement is going South, literally and figuratively.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  4. #1154
    Professor
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    11-30-13 @ 07:05 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,293

    Re: Cruz, Palin join protesters at WWII Memorial

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post

    The argument was not whether there are racist elements within Democrats, the argument was whether the bagger ideology contains racist elements.
    Well if you want to play games, here's mine. The part of the quote I replied to was this:
    12. Prejudice. Studies have found that authoritarian followers are among the most prejudiced
    people in society. It is the nastiest aspect of their ethnocentrism, and one they insistently deny—to
    others and to themselves. And they really do not realize how prejudiced they are, compared with
    others, because they associate so much with other prejudiced people. So their prejudices seem
    normal and perfectly justified to them.
    and the Democrats actions.

    So, I've show my words to be tied directly to the topic. Feel free to comment on the "inherently racist" Democrats as you did on the Tea Party using your same standards of evidence.
    Last edited by ItAin'tFree; 10-23-13 at 10:21 AM.
    "“If we don’t deepen our ports all along the Gulf — places like Charleston, South Carolina; or Savannah, Georgia; or Jacksonville, Florida…” -Obama

  5. #1155
    Professor
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    11-30-13 @ 07:05 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,293

    Re: Cruz, Palin join protesters at WWII Memorial

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael66 View Post
    It's as phony and disingenuous as is Palin's death panels. Miserable lowlife cow!
    Funny. A person claiming to be from Canada (maybe he is) pretends to be an expert on the IPAB and the Sec of Health and Human services in America in as far as what they can do. But then wouldn't you know it, this very morning this article shows up about death panels in the Canadian heath system. Canada has death panels, and that’s a good thing.

    Granted it is sugar coated because of the mag it is in but it points out what government can and will do. Pretty much like what Palin was talking about here in the USA. Nothing like having a nameless, faceless government employee decide who lives and dies, here or in Canada.
    "“If we don’t deepen our ports all along the Gulf — places like Charleston, South Carolina; or Savannah, Georgia; or Jacksonville, Florida…” -Obama

  6. #1156
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,249

    Re: Cruz, Palin join protesters at WWII Memorial

    Quote Originally Posted by upsideguy View Post
    I find it hard to believe many people would the Palin/Cruz would be improvement over the sitting president. Many do not like the president or his policies, but few would endorse the dynamic duo of nutjobs to be his replacement. Why don't you run a poll as see how badly that combo does?
    The sitting President has a record, one that you want to ignore. Palin had a record in Alaska, one that you want to ignore. Cruz is a reformer and stands on principles, again something you want to know. I don't care what the polls say because the polls have a way of brainwashing people which you show ever day especially the ones you want to accept, i.e. Congressional approval ratings which mean nothing and Obamacare polling so low which you ignore.

  7. #1157
    Pragmatic Idealist
    upsideguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Rocky Mtn. High
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,053

    Re: Cruz, Palin join protesters at WWII Memorial

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    The sitting President has a record, one that you want to ignore. Palin had a record in Alaska, one that you want to ignore. Cruz is a reformer and stands on principles, again something you want to know. I don't care what the polls say because the polls have a way of brainwashing people which you show ever day especially the ones you want to accept, i.e. Congressional approval ratings which mean nothing and Obamacare polling so low which you ignore.
    Alaska is a state with no people and plenty of land (much of it federally owned), bear, moose, deer, salmon and misquitoes. The population of Alaska is about 700,000, which makes it about the size of El Paso, Texas. Sorry, Sarah Palin is little more than a glorified park ranger. (BTW. Did we mention she couldn't even complete her term managing this tiny state?). She quit that just like she quit 4 pedestrian colleges enroute to a degree in communications....

    Feel free to tell us who good leaders are (Obama has his shortcomings); but if you think Palin is a leader, you have no credibility on the subject. If she is your idea of leadership, then human resources may have been your profession, but it was not your forte.

  8. #1158
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,249

    Re: Cruz, Palin join protesters at WWII Memorial

    Quote Originally Posted by upsideguy View Post
    Alaska is a state with no people and plenty of land (much of it federally owned), bear, moose, deer, salmon and misquitoes. The population of Alaska is about 700,000, which makes it about the size of El Paso, Texas. Sorry, Sarah Palin is little more than a glorified park ranger. (BTW. Did we mention she couldn't even complete her term managing this tiny state?). She quit that just like she quit 4 pedestrian colleges enroute to a degree in communications....

    Feel free to tell us who good leaders are (Obama has his shortcomings); but if you think Palin is a leader, you have no credibility on the subject. If she is your idea of leadership, then human resources may have been your profession, but it was not your forte.
    What exactly is your point, Alaska regardless of size has people, a state govt, a budget that has to be managed. It has an economy and relationships that have to be managed. Those 700,000 people are more people than Obama had ever managed and is lack of executive experience and leadership skills are evident. I still don't understand why the Obama record and resume was never vetted by people like you who profess to be in business?

    You voted for Obama because of what he said in 2008 and again in 2012 for what he said. He had no record in 2008 so you took a chance. He had a record in 2012 and you ignored it. Palin was never running against Obama but rather Biden but that doesn't seem to matter for all you want to do and everyone else that supports Obama wants to do is divert from that Obama record.

    I wasn't in human resources, I was in management and operations. I would put my resume up against everyone else here. My human resources expertise however came from college and actual business experience which led me to managing over 1200 employees and a 200 million dollar a year business. Obama would never have been hired in any management position in my company.

    Yes, Obama has his shortcomings and the American people are paying for that incompetence now

  9. #1159
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Cruz, Palin join protesters at WWII Memorial

    Sarah Palin is back in the news with a book review, explaining what many have grown to suspect.

    Exclusive

  10. #1160
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Cruz, Palin join protesters at WWII Memorial

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    What exactly is your point, Alaska regardless of size has people, a state govt, a budget that has to be managed. It has an economy and relationships that have to be managed. Those 700,000 people are more people than Obama had ever managed and is lack of executive experience and leadership skills are evident. I still don't understand why the Obama record and resume was never vetted by people like you who profess to be in business?

    You voted for Obama because of what he said in 2008 and again in 2012 for what he said. He had no record in 2008 so you took a chance. He had a record in 2012 and you ignored it. Palin was never running against Obama but rather Biden but that doesn't seem to matter for all you want to do and everyone else that supports Obama wants to do is divert from that Obama record.

    I wasn't in human resources, I was in management and operations. I would put my resume up against everyone else here. My human resources expertise however came from college and actual business experience which led me to managing over 1200 employees and a 200 million dollar a year business. Obama would never have been hired in any management position in my company.

    Yes, Obama has his shortcomings and the American people are paying for that incompetence now
    It seems remarkable that people would attack Sarah Palin and then defend Barrack Obama!

    Here's an outline of her experience. Notice how she was investigated while Obama's past was carefully hidden, and anyone wanting to take a closer look at his history was ridiculed, and often called racist.

    Palin: Schweizer Book a 'Slap Upside the Head' to Media's Blindness to D.C. Corruption

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •