Page 115 of 123 FirstFirst ... 1565105113114115116117 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,150 of 1226

Thread: Cruz, Palin join protesters at WWII Memorial[W:793:1010:1190]

  1. #1141
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Cruz, Palin join protesters at WWII Memorial

    Quote Originally Posted by DiavoTheMiavo View Post
    You could be right . . . or our country could finally get off its arse and remember we use to do great things. We did well during the computer revolution, but times change. If we seriously invested in finding the next . . . real renewable energy source, we could jettison right back to the top shelf. Someone earlier in the talked linked to one of those sites that tell you about how millions are spent studying fruit fly sex lives as an example of waste to be eliminated. Now . . . imagine we spent that money on something that could equal the Manhattan project, but instead we power the world. Budget cuts and sequesters would seem foolish and OPEC would remember what it was like to ride camels.

    I think we both agree the cuts have to be rational.
    I agree, but frankly, the only cuts that seem to be working are sequester cuts that no one likes....
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  2. #1142
    Pragmatic Idealist
    upsideguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Rocky Mtn. High
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,068

    Re: Cruz, Palin join protesters at WWII Memorial

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    You also stated that you didn't support Obama so why the change? How can anyone say that Palin/Cruz wouldn't be an improvement over what we have in the WH now? The economic results we have right now aren't worthy of any support yet for some reason you want to ignore those.
    I find it hard to believe many people would the Palin/Cruz would be improvement over the sitting president. Many do not like the president or his policies, but few would endorse the dynamic duo of nutjobs to be his replacement. Why don't you run a poll as see how badly that combo does?

  3. #1143
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Cruz, Palin join protesters at WWII Memorial

    Quote Originally Posted by upsideguy View Post
    I find it hard to believe many people would the Palin/Cruz would be improvement over the sitting president. Many do not like the president or his policies, but few would endorse the dynamic duo of nutjobs to be his replacement. Why don't you run a poll as see how badly that combo does?
    Couldn't do any worse than Captain not my fault, and his sidekick foot in mouth.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  4. #1144
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,755
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Cruz, Palin join protesters at WWII Memorial[W:793:1010]

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    There is one other faction that get's hijacked and it's not those who wish to go along... people can be unkowningly hijacked. Definitely seems to be the case here.
    As I said, in this context no one gets hijacked without consent.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  5. #1145
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    34,855

    Re: Cruz, Palin join protesters at WWII Memorial[W:793:1010]

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    As I said, in this context no one gets hijacked without consent.
    In what context do people who are hijack consent to being hijacked?
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  6. #1146
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,755
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Cruz, Palin join protesters at WWII Memorial[W:793:1010]

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    In what context do people who are hijack consent to being hijacked?
    When outsiders take over their group to redirect it, and they remain in the group.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  7. #1147
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    34,855

    Re: Cruz, Palin join protesters at WWII Memorial[W:793:1010]

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    When outsiders take over their group to redirect it, and they remain in the group.
    I see your point but there are these folks:

    1) They have to be knowledgable of the hijack... which I've shown even you weren't
    2) If they know and stay THIS:
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays
    No one can be "hijacked" without consent.
    ... still does not apply as you said "No one". Also those who stay may be staying as resistance. Not consent.

    Had you not spoke in absolutes you might have a small window of opportunity to try and weazel out of your self inflicted logic trap. But ya' didn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  8. #1148
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,755
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Cruz, Palin join protesters at WWII Memorial[W:793:1010]

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    I see your point but there are these folks:

    1) They have to be knowledgable of the hijack... which I've shown even you weren't
    2) If they know and stay THIS:

    ... still does not apply as you said "No one". Also those who stay may be staying as resistance. Not consent.

    Had you not spoke in absolutes you might have a small window of opportunity to try and weazel out of your self inflicted logic trap. But ya' didn't.
    There's no trap and no need to weasel out of anything. I'm satisfied that my point stands.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  9. #1149
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Cruz, Palin join protesters at WWII Memorial

    Quote Originally Posted by ItAin'tFree View Post
    By the standard you are using against the TEA Party the same has to hold true for the Democrats.
    You have no idea what the argument was.

    The argument was:

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    What I have said is that there is no racist component specific to Tea Party ideology (such as it is).
    Which I argue is false. The bagger ideology is RWA which is inherently racist. Baggerism is extremely reactionary. Most bagger groups have slowly abandoned their libertarian roots and have become more socially conservative, focusing more and more on "traditional values":




    Conclusion

    The present paper examined possible causes and consequences of identification with the Tea Party movement. We measured longitudinal change in Tea Party identification and an array of constructs relevant to three approaches to the relationship between racial thinking and political judgment–namely, the outgroup-focused, ingroup-focused, and ideological perspectives.

    Broadly, the data support claims that the Tea Party is–for some White supporters, at least–a racially motivated movement. Anti-Black sentiment was associated with Tea Party identification across time points. This relationship, however, appeared to be masked by assertions of national decline and the embrace of libertarian ideology.

    The findings also suggest that identification with the Tea Party movement is related to racial identity, but not in the manner suggested by traditional models of racialized politics. Rather than causing affiliation with the Tea Party, White identity appears to be a product of immersion in the movement [41]. This phenomenon, which we term political racialization, merits further study to reveal the precise mechanisms by which identification with a political movement can shape racial attitudes and identities.

    Our findings concerning libertarianism and social conservatism shed light on the ideological dynamics of the Tea Party movement during an important time in its history. Although support for the Tea Party movement tended to fall over the study period–from June 2010 to April-May 2011–the movement retained greater appeal for social conservatives than for libertarians. Thus, it may be that Republican attempts to exploit enthusiasm for the Tea Party succeeded in shifting the movement (in popular perception, at least) from economic to culturally conservative themes.
    PLOS ONE: Race, Ideology, and the Tea Party: A Longitudinal Study


    The argument was not whether there are racist elements within Democrats, the argument was whether the bagger ideology contains racist elements.

    It does.
    Last edited by Gimmesometruth; 10-22-13 at 11:18 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  10. #1150
    Pragmatic Idealist
    upsideguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Rocky Mtn. High
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,068

    Re: Cruz, Palin join protesters at WWII Memorial

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Couldn't do any worse than Captain not my fault, and his sidekick foot in mouth.
    Palin / Cruz

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •