Page 109 of 123 FirstFirst ... 95999107108109110111119 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,090 of 1226

Thread: Cruz, Palin join protesters at WWII Memorial[W:793:1010:1190]

  1. #1081
    Assassin
    Verax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    9,507

    Re: Cruz, Palin join protesters at WWII Memorial

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    I'll take your last and silliest point first. Two photo portraits have hung on my office wall for many years: W.T. Sherman and J.L. Chamberlain. I have never made any claims about the identities of any sign carriers. You are confused. There is no evidence whatsoever of a racist component to the Tea Party.
    LoL, no racist component to the Tea Party huh? Really?

    I see conservatives posting racist **** all over this forum every day. I live in Utah, I hear racist conservatives talking on a daily basis. Fox news pushes the absolute boundaries of sneaking borderline racist content into their programs to rile up the crazies every chance they get.

    Yet you think there is no evidence? Have you tried opening your eyes?

    I don't think most conservatives are racist at all, however there is damn well a significant "component" of the party that is.

  2. #1082
    Sage
    mak2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Indiana
    Last Seen
    07-08-16 @ 01:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,050

    Re: Cruz, Palin join protesters at WWII Memorial

    I was born and raised a very conservative person. All my neighbors and relatives are very, very conservative, there are dozens of dont tread on me flags in my neighborhood. Every single one of them I know personally well enough to know, and that is many, are overtly racist when it is just us around.
    Quote Originally Posted by Verax View Post
    LoL, no racist component to the Tea Party huh? Really?

    I see conservatives posting racist **** all over this forum every day. I live in Utah, I hear racist conservatives talking on a daily basis. Fox news pushes the absolute boundaries of sneaking borderline racist content into their programs to rile up the crazies every chance they get.

    Yet you think there is no evidence? Have you tried opening your eyes?

    I don't think most conservatives are racist at all, however there is damn well a significant "component" of the party that is.
    God Bless the Marine Corps.

  3. #1083
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: Cruz, Palin join protesters at WWII Memorial

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    Just to finish off the last of the silliness, what is it about my avatar that you find interesting? JH's standing as the greatest Texas Ranger? His work founding the city of Oakland, CA? Or his service on behalf of the federal government during the Civil War?

    Are you aware that northern Virginia is a reliably Democratic voting region?
    Out here in Oregon even I knew that. Does that mean you're voting for McAuliffe?

  4. #1084
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    34,998

    Re: Cruz, Palin join protesters at WWII Memorial

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Compared to what we have right now in the WH, I would take Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck as both have more leadership skills than those two bozos in the WH but I forgot results don't matter to the "American Idol" voter like you
    A voter like me huh? Well a person like me actually hates damn close to all "reality" tv. I've never watched one episode of American Idol or any of those kinds of shows.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  5. #1085
    Assassin
    Verax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    9,507

    Re: Cruz, Palin join protesters at WWII Memorial

    Quote Originally Posted by mak2 View Post
    I was born and raised a very conservative person. All my neighbors and relatives are very, very conservative, there are dozens of dont tread on me flags in my neighborhood. Every single one of them I know personally well enough to know, and that is many, are overtly racist when it is just us around.
    I know exactly what you're talking about. There's a trailer park down the road from me with a confederate flag in a broken out trailer window with a "don't tread on me" bumper sticker on the guy's old truck. My neighbors openly speak the most vile, racist crap they can think of both in person and on Facebook.

    Yet there's no racism? Hah!

  6. #1086
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,834
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Cruz, Palin join protesters at WWII Memorial

    Quote Originally Posted by Verax View Post
    LoL, no racist component to the Tea Party huh? Really?

    I see conservatives posting racist **** all over this forum every day. I live in Utah, I hear racist conservatives talking on a daily basis. Fox news pushes the absolute boundaries of sneaking borderline racist content into their programs to rile up the crazies every chance they get.

    Yet you think there is no evidence? Have you tried opening your eyes?

    I don't think most conservatives are racist at all, however there is damn well a significant "component" of the party that is.
    You're going to have to define your terms. There is racism among conservatives just as there is racism among every political persuasion on the spectrum. It's like smoking; it used to be widespread but is now largely a secret vice. What I have said is that there is no racist component specific to Tea Party ideology (such as it is). The TP was largely libertarian in origin.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  7. #1087
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,834
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Cruz, Palin join protesters at WWII Memorial

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    Out here in Oregon even I knew that. Does that mean you're voting for McAuliffe?
    I will probably sit this one out. Cuccinelli is a zealot and McAuliffe is a carpetbagging corporate cockroach. The Libertarian seems to be a decent fellow, but I won't voted for someone I can't actually imagine as Governor. Pity is that the Repubs had an amiable centrist available (current Lt. Governor) who would have rolled over McAuliffe by 20 points.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  8. #1088
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    11-12-13 @ 04:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    433

    Re: Cruz, Palin join protesters at WWII Memorial

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    You're going to have to define your terms. There is racism among conservatives just as there is racism among every political persuasion on the spectrum. It's like smoking; it used to be widespread but is now largely a secret vice. What I have said is that there is no racist component specific to Tea Party ideology (such as it is). The TP was largely libertarian in origin.
    Now you're changing your mind again Jack? The baggers who are carrying the racist signs are not baggers now? Again?
    What a piece of work!
    You're spending all your time defending the baggers yet you claim no affiliation whatsoever!

  9. #1089
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,834
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Cruz, Palin join protesters at WWII Memorial

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael66 View Post
    Now you're changing your mind again Jack? The baggers who are carrying the racist signs are not baggers now? Again?
    What a piece of work!
    You're spending all your time defending the baggers yet you claim no affiliation whatsoever!
    I have never made any claim of any kind about those carrying signs. I have said that public attendance at a public event proves nothing about the beliefs of a specified group. You don't handle nuance well, and you've already demonstrated a propensity to leap to conclusions. I indeed have no affiliation, but I have an aversion to unfairness.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  10. #1090
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,264

    Re: Cruz, Palin join protesters at WWII Memorial

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    A voter like me huh? Well a person like me actually hates damn close to all "reality" tv. I've never watched one episode of American Idol or any of those kinds of shows.
    You also stated that you didn't support Obama so why the change? How can anyone say that Palin/Cruz wouldn't be an improvement over what we have in the WH now? The economic results we have right now aren't worthy of any support yet for some reason you want to ignore those.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •