Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast
Results 151 to 160 of 164

Thread: Utah national parks to open Saturday with state aid

  1. #151
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Where they have FOX on in bars and restaurants
    Last Seen
    09-14-14 @ 02:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,700

    Re: Utah national parks to open Saturday with state aid

    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Thats fine with me, so whats your problem? Don't you want the oil drilling, fracking and strip mining near your house?
    So you admit you want all the resources that the industries you want to put out of business provide, doesn't that seem a bit odd to you? Don't you feel like a complete hypocrite?? As for me I log right in my back yard and I only wish I had an oil well there too.

  2. #152
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    36,781

    Re: Utah national parks to open Saturday with state aid

    You know the area well Sawyer..
    Should Idaho potato farmers own the water rights to Jackson Lake in Grand Teton Wyoming..
    Is the water still flowing to them..
    Do you know the story of tree disaster after they built Jackson Dam in Coulter Bay.
    Quote Originally Posted by sawyerloggingon View Post
    So you admit you want all the resources that the industries you want to put out of business provide, doesn't that seem a bit odd to you? Don't you feel like a complete hypocrite?? As for me I log right in my back yard and I only wish I had an oil well there too.
    Physics is Phun

  3. #153
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Where they have FOX on in bars and restaurants
    Last Seen
    09-14-14 @ 02:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,700

    Re: Utah national parks to open Saturday with state aid

    Quote Originally Posted by NIMBY View Post
    You know the area well Sawyer..
    Should Idaho potato farmers own the water rights to Jackson Lake in Grand Teton Wyoming..
    Is the water still flowing to them..
    Do you know the story of tree disaster after they built Jackson Dam in Coulter Bay.
    I'm in north Idaho, timber not taters and I know nothing about their issues.

  4. #154
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    36,781

    Re: Utah national parks to open Saturday with state aid

    20 years or so after the Idaho potato farmers built the Jackson Dam, there was a massive die-off of trees in the National Park and Forest that were submerged..
    I found a whole ****load of them when I was hiking around Coulter Bay, another incredible place in this Nation.
    Quote Originally Posted by sawyerloggingon View Post
    I'm in north Idaho, timber not taters and I know nothing about their issues.
    Physics is Phun

  5. #155
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Where they have FOX on in bars and restaurants
    Last Seen
    09-14-14 @ 02:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,700

    Re: Utah national parks to open Saturday with state aid

    Quote Originally Posted by NIMBY View Post
    20 years or so after the Idaho potato farmers built the Jackson Dam, there was a massive die-off of trees in the National Park and Forest that were submerged..
    I found a whole ****load of them when I was hiking around Coulter Bay, another incredible place in this Nation.
    I'm not a big fan of dams. They disrupt the natural order of things.

  6. #156
    Sage
    Moot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:03 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    27,460

    Re: Utah national parks to open Saturday with state aid

    Quote Originally Posted by sawyerloggingon View Post
    So you admit you want all the resources that the industries you want to put out of business provide, doesn't that seem a bit odd to you? Don't you feel like a complete hypocrite?? As for me I log right in my back yard and I only wish I had an oil well there too.
    I admit nothing of the sort. I'm fine with industry as long as its responsible.

  7. #157
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    36,781

    Re: Utah national parks to open Saturday with state aid

    Here's one for dams..
    The only dam on the Green River is the Flaming Gorge..
    The National Rec Area up there with Ashley Natl Forest is awesome..
    We followed the Green River back to its origin once in Wyoming--incredible.
    Quote Originally Posted by sawyerloggingon View Post
    I'm not a big fan of dams. They disrupt the natural order of things.
    Physics is Phun

  8. #158
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Where they have FOX on in bars and restaurants
    Last Seen
    09-14-14 @ 02:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,700

    Re: Utah national parks to open Saturday with state aid

    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    I admit nothing of the sort. I'm fine with industry as long as its responsible.
    You won't answer the question of how far you are OK with these industries from the borders of national parks other than to say clear to my house by the Canadian border. You don't seem fine with them at all.

  9. #159
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Where they have FOX on in bars and restaurants
    Last Seen
    09-14-14 @ 02:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,700

    Re: Utah national parks to open Saturday with state aid

    Quote Originally Posted by NIMBY View Post
    Here's one for dams..
    The only dam on the Green River is the Flaming Gorge..
    The National Rec Area up there with Ashley Natl Forest is awesome..
    We followed the Green River back to its origin once in Wyoming--incredible.
    So are you saying that area is awesome because the dam is there?

  10. #160
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    36,781

    Re: Utah national parks to open Saturday with state aid

    Yes I am..Nearly 500-feet above the ground and more as you float the 9-miles..You'd love it, plus the drives in and out..
    Great fishing and boating behind it, with all that energy stuff and water-management..
    Utah does an incredible job with its resources..
    Quote Originally Posted by sawyerloggingon View Post
    So are you saying that area is awesome because the dam is there?
    Physics is Phun

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •