Page 98 of 162 FirstFirst ... 488896979899100108148 ... LastLast
Results 971 to 980 of 1617

Thread: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

  1. #971
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Has the SCOTUS ever reversed itself?
    They have, and such is the process. You have to make a better argument. Not a we "know" it is unconstitutional one.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  2. #972
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Port Jarvis NY
    Last Seen
    03-22-14 @ 02:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,039

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    I have not had time to read the entire forum, but I want to tell you, my friends, is what Dr. Carson intelligent and decent man. And those who are trying to mix him with a dirt, and not smart and not decent.

  3. #973
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by loader View Post
    I have not had time to read the entire forum, but I want to tell you, my friends, is what Dr. Carson intelligent and decent man. And those who are trying to mix him with a dirt, and not smart and not decent.
    A decent man can still be wrong, and thus one is.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  4. #974
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Port Jarvis NY
    Last Seen
    03-22-14 @ 02:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,039

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    A decent man can still be wrong, and thus one is.
    Dr.Karson not God, and of course, he may be wrong. But his profession of a neurosurgeon taught him to think 100 times, and then cut off.

  5. #975
    Professor
    sKiTzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    OC California
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,213

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    They have, and such is the process. You have to make a better argument. Not a we "know" it is unconstitutional one.
    So undeniably proving it violates the clause I cited is not good enough, and we'll have to do better than that. Just that it violates the clause doesn't work anymore. .Okay, we'll go with that since that seems to be the case anyway. I'll do the first commentary then, and you counter.

    When they wrote the constitution, there was a very specific purpose. Not to appropriate war funds or to make sure it's legal to spy on americans. It was quite the opposite - to prevent overreaching powers and to guarantee future generations liberty and justice for all. These mfers were smart. They thought of everything and made sure that as long as nothing changes in the text, our civil rights would always be intact. That means every word is of extreme importance. So, for sure, everything written was intended to remain intact, as in stone. If amendments are added, they are not to interfere with or try to compromise anything preceding that amendment. They also issued warnings that one day this would happen.

    So I'll just get right to the point. If it was an isolated incident, and on all other fronts we saw an honest true blue government, it still wouldn't be okay, but I'd be a helluva lot less paranoid. However, every move they make, and every action they take is consistent with preparations for a coup and takeover. DHS is OUT OF CONTROL. If I have to mention the billions of hollowpoints (for "target practice") and thousands of armored assault vehicles again, I'm gonna puke! What is all that sht for? All the "terrorists" on our streets? Americans, get a c-l-u-e. Here's the clincher, we pay them! You are paying for your own enslavement. Demoralizing.

  6. #976
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:20 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    43,354

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by ChezC3 View Post
    I wonder, if Dr. Carson had ever read Fogel's book on the economics of slavery.

  7. #977
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by sKiTzo View Post
    So undeniably proving it violates the clause I cited is not good enough, and we'll have to do better than that. Just that it violates the clause doesn't work anymore. .Okay, we'll go with that since that seems to be the case anyway. I'll do the first commentary then, and you counter.

    When they wrote the constitution, there was a very specific purpose. Not to appropriate war funds or to make sure it's legal to spy on americans. It was quite the opposite - to prevent overreaching powers and to guarantee future generations liberty and justice for all. These mfers were smart. They thought of everything and made sure that as long as nothing changes in the text, our civil rights would always be intact. That means every word is of extreme importance. So, for sure, everything written was intended to remain intact, as in stone. If amendments are added, they are not to interfere with or try to compromise anything preceding that amendment. They also issued warnings that one day this would happen.

    So I'll just get right to the point. If it was an isolated incident, and on all other fronts we saw an honest true blue government, it still wouldn't be okay, but I'd be a helluva lot less paranoid. However, every move they make, and every action they take is consistent with preparations for a coup and takeover. DHS is OUT OF CONTROL. If I have to mention the billions of hollowpoints (for "target practice") and thousands of armored assault vehicles again, I'm gonna puke! What is all that sht for? All the "terrorists" on our streets? Americans, get a c-l-u-e. Here's the clincher, we pay them! You are paying for your own enslavement. Demoralizing.
    As the courts have denied, it's not undeniable. You do understand this, right?

    The world Of the founding fathers was different. They could not anticipate the questions of today. You assume they are stuck in time and would have dine differently have they lived these two hundred plus years. This is not logical.

    That at said, they wrote a rather complicated document, and gave room for interpretation, charging the courts with ruling on meaning. They have done this since the beginning, always with some group thinking they were wrong. You fail to see how it is possible that you are wrong. It's hubris not to consider that possibility.

    as for slavery, I'm not enslaved at all. Like many, you cartoonishly exaggerate life today. This hyperbole of yours causes many if us to nit take your arguments seriously.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  8. #978
    Professor
    sKiTzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    OC California
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,213

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    As the courts have denied, it's not undeniable. You do understand this, right?

    The world Of the founding fathers was different. They could not anticipate the questions of today. You assume they are stuck in time and would have dine differently have they lived these two hundred plus years. This is not logical.

    That at said, they wrote a rather complicated document, and gave room for interpretation, charging the courts with ruling on meaning. They have done this since the beginning, always with some group thinking they were wrong. You fail to see how it is possible that you are wrong. It's hubris not to consider that possibility.

    as for slavery, I'm not enslaved at all. Like many, you cartoonishly exaggerate life today. This hyperbole of yours causes many if us to nit take your arguments seriously.
    It's funny that for 200+ years America didn't have a problem interpreting it. This is because it is really not a complicated document. The constitution and bill of rights each fit on one page. The fact that legislative bills of today are thousands of pages long should be a clear indication that something is wrong. You say they could not have anticipated today's world. Could you be more specific? I doubt it. It will be interesting to see if you can elaborate on what they "didn't anticipate".

    Your other big point, that there was so much "room for interpretation". If this is true, then you'll have no problem elaborating on this, as well. It's all very simple and straight-forward, in my opinion. Please, provide some instances where you think there is "room for interpretation". Wanting to delete or change something, is not the same as "room for interpretation".

    Standing by...

  9. #979
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by sKiTzo View Post
    It's funny that for 200+ years America didn't have a problem interpreting it. This is because it is really not a complicated document. The constitution and bill of rights each fit on one page. The fact that legislative bills of today are thousands of pages long should be a clear indication that something is wrong. You say they could not have anticipated today's world. Could you be more specific? I doubt it. It will be interesting to see if you can elaborate on what they "didn't anticipate".

    Your other big point, that there was so much "room for interpretation". If this is true, then you'll have no problem elaborating on this, as well. It's all very simple and straight-forward, in my opinion. Please, provide some instances where you think there is "room for interpretation". Wanting to delete or change something, is not the same as "room for interpretation".

    Standing by...
    Now here you're factually incorrect. Since day one cases have come before the court and the court has been interpreting since the very beginning, with people disagreeing all along, and that was with the founding fathers still alive. So, you start off mistaken in your thinking.

    You'll find different amendments that often are in conflict with one another. Equal protection is one that comes to mind. once it was made law, it had an effect on existing laws, even if there was no intent for it to. This is why conservatives are losing the same sex marriage battle.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  10. #980
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,289

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    They have, and such is the process. You have to make a better argument. Not a we "know" it is unconstitutional one.
    I agree that today the effect of "legislating from the bench" is the process, but you agree that SCOTUS decisions can be reversed. As an example, we no longer have Dred Scott [sic], that holds true for amendments as well. No longer is prohibition in effect.

    So, for yourself, as well as other democrats in agreement with the ACA, to argue that now this is a "right", or that it is "the law of the land", as in it can not be reversed, or that attempts to do so, are somehow bordering on illegal is laughably preposterous.

    The SCOTUS hung the law going forward in the last argument over this was thin at best. It hung on the administration arguing that the "penalty", when during the entire time the bill was becoming law, the administration lied to the american people arguing that it wasn't. And then lying to the SCOTUS that it was a tax.

    There will be other challenges to this law, I am confident of that, unless the make up of the government shifts to a republican control, and the law is repealed.

    What you have to come to terms with, as well as other demo's, that this law, was one passed on a party line vote, that was not explained fully, or lied about in its explanation to the people, and didn't have the support of the people at any time in either its passage, or now in implementation. And as more and more of it is revealed, and the inherent unfairness of wealth re distribution that is what this laws foundation is, it will further anger the people...And could very well jeopardize any hope in the future of "progressives" gaining power if the people wake up to how progressivism has crept into both parties to corrupt them.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •