Page 94 of 162 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596104144 ... LastLast
Results 931 to 940 of 1617

Thread: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

  1. #931
    Sage
    Unitedwestand13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Sunnyvale California
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    14,934

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by sKiTzo View Post
    I cited the Origination Clause (Art. I, Sec. 7). Pretty specific. You "seeming to recall that was not how the plantiff's presented their case to the supreme court decision that upheld the law" doesn't really uh....I mean, what, am I supposed to guess what it is that refutes my very specific argument?
    Your argument on the healthcare law being unconstitutional was not the issue the Supreme Court was dealing with when they upheld the law.

  2. #932
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Which means absolutely nothing to what I have said. Do you understand this?



    You think a maybe from one source ends the debate? You lack a complete view. First, we do about what we've always done with education. The fact is the rest of world has just improved (largely with socialistic efforts by the way), and not that we've deteriorated. Second, you fail to consider the multitude of factors involved. Like too many, you want an easy scape goat. No one denies there are some poor teachers just as there are poor truck drivers and poor CEO's. But they do not represent a majority.

    BTW, the same teachers you call failing are actually in the other schools. There is little difference between them or between schools. The major difference is often the students they have.
    Well, the fact of the matter is that public education is failing our kids and all you have is excuse after excuse. Typical.

    So it's clear that you don't want to stay on topic, so I'm done with it here.

    If you want to continue, start a thread.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  3. #933
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Well, the fact of the matter is that public education is failing our kids and all you have is excuse after excuse. Typical.

    So it's clear that you don't want to stay on topic, so I'm done with it here.

    If you want to continue, start a thread.
    Hardly. I work every day trying to improve it.

    And you have been the one moving the topic, and not me. So I'm not sure why you all of the sudden get huffy about your diversions. I'll answer anything you put up. If you don't want to discuss those things, don't put them up. So perhaps you should take your own advice?

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  4. #934
    Professor
    sKiTzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    OC California
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,213

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Rule of law is not tyranny.
    Because "tyranny" has a specific definition, your statement cannot be true even as a matter of opinion.

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    At some point the hyperbole becomes cartoonish.
    It's your defense mechanism shielding you from the trauma of having to have your reality shattered. Disable it, then go and have your BS meter recalibrated.


    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    This is why your leaders lose credibility so quickly.
    Leaders? What leaders? I belong to no party. The parties were created to divide the people and make for easier manipulation. The "electoral" voting process was introduced so that candidates who didn't have the most votes could win. Now that machines count the votes, there will never be another "true" election anyway. How much do you want to bet that if the people demanded a hand count, and organized volunteers to do it, the gov would deny them? The machines guarantee them rigged elections with little to no effort, they will not give that up

    I don't have "leaders" telling me to write this, I'm merely posting the results of my objective observations.

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    You're entire response fits that category.
    Okay, good idea. Let's categorize responses.

    In my response I gave a full explanation, textbook style, citing Article 1, section 7 of the constitution. It was very detailed and articulate, with reasoning that is very easy to understand.

    Your response can be categorized somewhere between nothing and barely an opinion. Your statement "rule of law is not tyranny" doesn't even really apply as a response. A sort of disconnect on your part is apparent. Your other statements are just your opinion, applied very thinly with nothing else. If I state my opinion, I will always follow it up with my reasoning for that opinion. You should try that. You'll come across more effectively.
    Last edited by sKiTzo; 10-23-13 at 09:12 PM.

  5. #935
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by sKiTzo View Post
    Because "tyranny" has a specific definition, your statement cannot be true even as a matter of opinion.



    It's your defense mechanism shielding you from the trauma of having to have your reality shattered. Disable it, then go and have your BS meter recalibrated.




    Leaders? What leaders? I belong to no party. The parties were created to divide the people and make for easier manipulation. The "electoral" voting process was introduced so that candidates who didn't have the most votes could win. Now that machines count the votes, there will never be another "true" election. I don't have "leaders" telling me to write this, I'm merely posting the results of my objective observations.



    Okay, good idea. Let's categorize responses.

    In my response I gave a full explanation, textbook style, citing Article 1, section 7 of the constitution. It was very detailed and articulate, with reasoning that is very easy to understand.

    Your response can be categorized somewhere between nothing and barely an opinion. Your statement "rule of law is not tyranny" doesn't even really apply as a response. A sort of disconnect on your part is apparent. Your other statements are just your opinion, applied very thinly with nothing else. If I state my opinion, I will always follow it up with my reasoning for that opinion. You should try that.
    Yes, tyranny has a specific definition, and nothing about the health care law fits that definition, let alone slavery.

    And yes leaders. Your credibility doesn't matter that much. But when Leaders, often if the Tea Party strip, stand and say the silliness vomited in the op and those of similar stripe, they lose all credibility.

    I don't recall your opening post, but as I've seen these sections posted before, I've noticed that many who post them don't understand them. For some strange reason they think with next to no actual knowledge they can read and interpret better than the scholars and judges who have ruled on the. Now that's hubris. Understand, the Constitution is something the judges have read and consulted. It's not a secret.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  6. #936
    Professor
    sKiTzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    OC California
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,213

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by Unitedwestand13 View Post
    Your argument on the healthcare law being unconstitutional was not the issue the Supreme Court was dealing with when they upheld the law.
    You said that already. Soooo....that's it? You're not going to maybe say what the issue was, then, and refute my argument?

  7. #937
    Professor
    sKiTzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    OC California
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,213

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Yes, tyranny has a specific definition, and nothing about the health care law fits that definition, let alone slaveAnd yes leaders. Your credibility doesn't matter that much. But when Leaders, often if the Tea Party strip, stand and say the silliness vomited in the op and those of similar stripe, they lose all credibility. I don't recall your opening post, but as I've seen these sections posted before, I've noticed that many who post them don't understand them. For some strange reason they think with next to no actual knowledge they can read and interpret better than the scholars and judges who have ruled on the. Now that's hubris. Understand, the Constitution is something the judges have read and consulted. It's not a secret.
    You're beginning to display the telltale signs of a shill, but you're still in the "benefit of the doubt" phase. One of the first signs is the Mr. Magoo posting that display signs of confusion or dimentia. They need to establish this because all of their future posts rely on this feigned "confusion" to completely ignore every valid point you've just made. In this way, they keep the thread running in circles and no progress is made.

    For you, it's too early to tell if you are really just confused or not but the red flag was that you threw in "let alone slavery" as if you were completely unaware that the slavery clause I mentioned in a previous post is in executive order 13603. I never said it was part of obamacare and I find it difficult to confuse obamacare with EO 13603. Let it be duly noted - I now welcome all shills. If you're a shill, I'm going to expose you, humiliate you as a beneficiary of my unparalleled wit, and then have you banned. I'd much rather have a true debate.

  8. #938
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by sKiTzo View Post
    You're beginning to display the telltale signs of a shill, but you're still in the "benefit of the doubt" phase. One of the first signs is the Mr. Magoo posting that display signs of confusion or dimentia. They need to establish this because all of their future posts rely on this feigned "confusion" to completely ignore every valid point you've just made. In this way, they keep the thread running in circles and no progress is made.

    For you, it's too early to tell if you are really just confused or not but the red flag was that you threw in "let alone slavery" as if you were completely unaware that the slavery clause I mentioned in a previous post is in executive order 13603. I never said it was part of obamacare and I find it difficult to confuse obamacare with EO 13603. Let it be duly noted - I now welcome all shills. If you're a shill, I'm going to expose you, humiliate you as a beneficiary of my unparalleled wit, and then have you banned. I'd much rather have a true debate.
    The thread is on ACA and the comparison to slavery. What are you not getting?

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  9. #939
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    The thread is on ACA and the comparison to slavery. What are you not getting?
    Maybe it was in your 10 page diversion into education.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  10. #940
    Professor

    Join Date
    May 2013
    Last Seen
    06-21-17 @ 12:55 PM
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    1,577

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I work every day trying to improve it.
    What, exactly, are these improvements?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •