Page 93 of 162 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495103143 ... LastLast
Results 921 to 930 of 1617

Thread: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

  1. #921
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Or is it possible that I have drivers that are burned out, and just don't care anymore about the equipment, nor are willing to learn the new changes to equipment, and still drive it like they did 20 years ago, and blame it on the truck?

    You have to look within the ranks of the teaching community, and see that there are some really bad apples among the good ones.
    Not really.

    And yes, I've look at the ranks. They mirror society. They are some excellent ones, some good ones, some average ones, some below average, and some poor ones.

    Worse yet, the are idiot legislators listening to idiot voters who know knowing about the profession, leading to silly ass legislation like NCLB, or parents demanding, and getting, a rule that. A student gets 55% credit for an assignment even if they do it.

    Yes, I know what is going on better than you might think.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  2. #922
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,274

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Not really.

    And yes, I've look at the ranks. They mirror society. They are some excellent ones, some good ones, some average ones, some below average, and some poor ones.

    Worse yet, the are idiot legislators listening to idiot voters who know knowing about the profession, leading to silly ass legislation like NCLB, or parents demanding, and getting, a rule that. A student gets 55% credit for an assignment even if they do it.

    Yes, I know what is going on better than you might think.
    Oh, you mean that silly ass legislation that Ted Kennedy wrote? And yeah those darn parents...either you want they involvement, or you don't....Make up your mind...Or maybe you just want a scapegoat for your own inadequacy...?
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  3. #923
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Oh, you mean that silly ass legislation that Ted Kennedy wrote? And yeah those darn parents...either you want they involvement, or you don't....Make up your mind...Or maybe you just want a scapegoat for your own inadequacy...?
    That legislation came from Texas with Bush, modeled exactly after it. So play partisan games if you want, as I didn't single out a party.

    And I want rational involvement. No one benefits from amateurs wildly making rules that do more harm than good. At some point we take a malfunction car to a mechanic, a sick person to a doctor, and a building project to a contractor. There's a reason for that.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  4. #924
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,274

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    That legislation came from Texas with Bush, modeled exactly after it. So play partisan games if you want, as I didn't single out a party.
    "The bill passed in the U.S. Congress with bipartisan support.[5]

    The legislation was proposed by President George W. Bush on January 23, 2001. It was coauthored by Representatives John Boehner (R-OH), George Miller (D-CA), and Senators Edward Kennedy (D-MA) and Judd Gregg (R-NH). The United States House of Representatives passed the bill on May 23, 2001 (voting 384–45),[6] and the United States Senate passed it on June 14, 2001 (voting 91–8).[7] President Bush signed it into law on January 8, 2002."

    No Child Left Behind Act - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    And I want rational involvement. No one benefits from amateurs wildly making rules that do more harm than good. At some point we take a malfunction car to a mechanic, a sick person to a doctor, and a building project to a contractor. There's a reason for that.

    Home schooling does better than public education....That is a fact...

    Homeschool World - News - Some Fascinating Facts About Homeschool vs Public School

    Amateurs....pfft!
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  5. #925
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    "The bill passed in the U.S. Congress with bipartisan support.[5]

    The legislation was proposed by President George W. Bush on January 23, 2001. It was coauthored by Representatives John Boehner (R-OH), George Miller (D-CA), and Senators Edward Kennedy (D-MA) and Judd Gregg (R-NH). The United States House of Representatives passed the bill on May 23, 2001 (voting 384–45),[6] and the United States Senate passed it on June 14, 2001 (voting 91–8).[7] President Bush signed it into law on January 8, 2002."

    No Child Left Behind Act - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia




    Home schooling does better than public education....That is a fact...

    Homeschool World - News - Some Fascinating Facts About Homeschool vs Public School

    Amateurs....pfft!
    The bill was 100% modeled after Bush's Texas program. That's just a fact. That democrats worked with to make it happen doesn't change it, nor does any of it matter to what I said. Damn man, try to grasp what's being argued.

    We weren't talking about homeschooling. Home school folks who have educational background and the capabilities to teach do better at home. If everyone homeschooled, the results would be ugly. Even here you fail to see the larger truth. Home schooling is nothing more that a fringe option for a few.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  6. #926
    Professor
    sKiTzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    OC California
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,213

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by Unitedwestand13 View Post
    so your argument is that since the current version of the healthcare law did not originate in the house and was passed in a different order, it is unconstitutional? i seem to recall that was not how the plantiff's presented their case to the supreme court decision that upheld the law.
    I cited the Origination Clause (Art. I, Sec. 7). Pretty specific. You "seeming to recall that was not how the plantiff's presented their case to the supreme court decision that upheld the law" doesn't really uh....I mean, what, am I supposed to guess what it is that refutes my very specific argument?

  7. #927
    Professor
    sKiTzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    OC California
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,213

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by jmotivator View Post
    I read everything you said. First you said that screaming tyranny doesn't make it so, you need to prove abuse... then you agree there is abuse, but it isn't tyranny... and then you finished with a asinine assertion that laws don't need to be applied evenly and uneven application of the law is sometimes justified.

    In other words, you support tyranny, you just refuse to accept the definition of the word.
    Brilliant. I couldn't have put it better myself...and I'm pretty damn GOOD!

  8. #928
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,274

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    The bill was 100% modeled after Bush's Texas program. That's just a fact. That democrats worked with to make it happen doesn't change it, nor does any of it matter to what I said. Damn man, try to grasp what's being argued.
    "Bill Clinton Blames Kennedy for No Child Left Behind Flaws"
    Bill Clinton Blames Kennedy for No Child Left Behind Flaws - ABC News

    We weren't talking about homeschooling. Home school folks who have educational background and the capabilities to teach do better at home. If everyone homeschooled, the results would be ugly. Even here you fail to see the larger truth. Home schooling is nothing more that a fringe option for a few.
    And you fail to grasp that our teachers are failing out kids Joe...

    "Education is deteriorating and the nation’s children are not learning. Maybe it’s because the education programs are failing to prepare educators. A recent report found that the majority of education programs that train our K-12 teachers are mediocre, at best.

    At best!?

    snip

    But some programs, 14 percent of them, were so poor in quality that they received no stars and were slapped with a “consumer alert.”

    Failing Students, Failing Teachers | Loop21

    But I am sure you will now blame it on anyone, anything other than teachers, and bloated school district administration....But, we have batted this argument back and forth forever Joe...And I don't think we will settle it in a thread you derailed here either....Good day.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  9. #929
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    "Bill Clinton Blames Kennedy for No Child Left Behind Flaws"
    Bill Clinton Blames Kennedy for No Child Left Behind Flaws - ABC News
    Which means absolutely nothing to what I have said. Do you understand this?

    And you fail to grasp that our teachers are failing out kids Joe...

    "Education is deteriorating and the nation’s children are not learning. Maybe it’s because the education programs are failing to prepare educators. A recent report found that the majority of education programs that train our K-12 teachers are mediocre, at best.

    At best!?

    snip

    But some programs, 14 percent of them, were so poor in quality that they received no stars and were slapped with a “consumer alert.”

    Failing Students, Failing Teachers | Loop21

    But I am sure you will now blame it on anyone, anything other than teachers, and bloated school district administration....But, we have batted this argument back and forth forever Joe...And I don't think we will settle it in a thread you derailed here either....Good day.
    You think a maybe from one source ends the debate? You lack a complete view. First, we do about what we've always done with education. The fact is the rest of world has just improved (largely with socialistic efforts by the way), and not that we've deteriorated. Second, you fail to consider the multitude of factors involved. Like too many, you want an easy scape goat. No one denies there are some poor teachers just as there are poor truck drivers and poor CEO's. But they do not represent a majority.

    BTW, the same teachers you call failing are actually in the other schools. There is little difference between them or between schools. The major difference is often the students they have.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  10. #930
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac;1062456616Home schooling does better than public education....That is a fact...

    [url=http://www.home-school.com/news/homeschool-vs-public-school.php
    Homeschool World - News - Some Fascinating Facts About Homeschool vs Public School[/url]

    Amateurs....pfft!
    Assuming the parents take an educator role, you are correct. However, not every parent can or has the educational ability to homeschool. I've seen the effects from both good homeschooling and bad homeschooling. One parent actually hurt their childs education progress and the child was forced to go back to public school because the inability of the parent to homeschool.

    Homsechooling isn't the answer for every child or parent.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •