Page 88 of 162 FirstFirst ... 3878868788899098138 ... LastLast
Results 871 to 880 of 1617

Thread: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

  1. #871
    Guru
    Mustachio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,581

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by sKiTzo View Post
    Bottom line: They disregarded the constitution. The men who wrote the constitution knew what they were doing. They made it so that as long as we never violated the constitution, there could never exist tyranny. In school, I was taught that the constitution was NON-NEGOTIABLE. Oathes are sworn by people taking office (including the president).......why?? Isn't it felony perjury? Shouldn't these traitors be jailed?
    Who disregarded the constitution? What are you talking about? The supreme court ruled that Obamacare doesn't violate the constitution. On the other hand, there was more than one supreme court ruling against the Bush administration finding a policy unconstitutional. Does that mean Bush should have been arrested for perjury? Well, I'll answer that for you. He shouldn't have. The Executive branch is kept in check by the Judicial branch. The Judicial branch interprets law, the Executive branch enacts law. If every law and every policy were black and white, constitutional or unconstitutional, we wouldn't need a judicial branch.

    By your logic, when Roe V. Wade changed abortion policy, every president prior to the ruling should have been retroactively imprisoned for perjury. Roe V. Wade found the prohibition of abortion to be unconstitutional, right? So every president who enforced its prohibition was guilty of treason and should have been sent to the gallows.
    A working class hero is something to be

  2. #872
    Professor
    sKiTzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    OC California
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 01:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,208

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    That's hyperbolic. A wildly mindless exaggeration of what is going on.
    Okay, if you say so...

  3. #873
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by sKiTzo View Post
    Okay, if you say so...
    It is so. Factually. As noted above, the SCOTUS already ruled it was not unconstitutional. At some point you have to admit you're just plain wrong.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  4. #874
    Professor
    sKiTzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    OC California
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 01:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,208

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    It is so. Factually. As noted above, the SCOTUS already ruled it was not unconstitutional. At some point you have to admit you're just plain wrong.
    Yeah, an unprecedented ruling. That means they rule something not unconstitutional that had previously been unconstitutional.

  5. #875
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by sKiTzo View Post
    Yeah, an unprecedented ruling. That means they rule something not unconstitutional that had previously been unconstitutional.
    Dance anyway you want. The fact is they the court ruled. So, no hyperbole please.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  6. #876
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    2,800

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    WWI, WWII, Ronald Reagan, Discontinuation of the Twinkie...
    There, i named a handful of things since slavery that are worse than Obamacare
    Men do what they have to when they want to, Great men do what they have to, even when they don't want to.

  7. #877
    Almost respectable

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    35,005

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by Fruityfact View Post
    WWI, WWII, Ronald Reagan, Discontinuation of the Twinkie...
    There, i named a handful of things since slavery that are worse than Obamacare
    ...the remake of Robocop....

  8. #878
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,882

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    ...the remake of Robocop....
    New Coke.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  9. #879
    Professor
    sKiTzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    OC California
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 01:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,208

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Dance anyway you want. The fact is they the court ruled. So, no hyperbole please.
    No hyperbole suggested - just callin' it like it is.

  10. #880
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by sKiTzo View Post
    No hyperbole suggested - just callin' it like it is.
    No, hyperbole. How it is would be saying it's the aw and SCOTUS ruled it wasn't unconstitutional.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •